A big thanks for ur detailed reply
I m citizen here more than 20 years now
doing a full time job for five years at a same place

I dnt knw abt open.work permit
if u plz send me some links where I can get a guidance for OPW

I m not sure that after rejection of trv can I apply for another category
like open work permit or study permit

Really thanks for all ur help
I ll order notes as soon as possible but r u sure that I csn order tgem on behalf of my wife
No problem, i will try to help as much as i can.

a. 20 years is a long time. What i am wondering is that your spouse has been here all this time in Pakistan? This might have been questionable for the VO. Also since you are residing there and it is your spouse, why haven't you applied for some permanent residence category such as spousal sponsorship etc. Just the questions that came to my mind as i got to know your profile details.

b. You can find details of open work permit here. Simply googling it would help

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

c. Well there is no legal binding in applying for another category. In fact this has often be the case for e.g. some one wanted to get his spouse there fast. Applied for temp resident visa, got refused. Was told latter that they should use the standard FAM sponsorship category which takes around 2+ years. They did that and got visa this time.

d. You can surely order notes on behalf of your wife. But you will need a consent form filled by her. Take a look at the other gcms reply in which i posted a link to all details about it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
afgkab said:
Dear Waqar,

If you think it is the travel history problem, VO had to check mark me the Travel History problem in the refusal letter. However in my case travel history is clear and VO highlighted the other four reason I mentioned you.

What do you think?

Best, AK
I would say that having a good travel history helps, but it's not like that if you haven't travelled much before, you won't get a visa. You just need to put a strong case over all.

I would add one thing though. When you are applying for a visa based upon company support and you are claiming its expense would be catered by your employer, then they have to submit a statement along. Not submitting the statement might sound even that your visit is not really official.

I worked for a billion dollar MNC with offices in over 90 countries across the globe and i did submit a bank statement of company at that time. It used to be a routine and the employer used an account in Pakistan which catered payrolls for employees in this country. This was though a case of US visa.

But the point is, your profile looks fine otherwise so we can only speculate on the reasons. Also if you applied with spouse on a visit visa, that is definitely unusual for normal pakistani cases. Specially if you do not have a healthy past travel history. When people go for things related to work, they usually dont take family along. On such a short visit to attend a course for a few days AND taking spouse along? That definitely sounds unusual.

The general perception being developed upon reading your profile, is that you really didnt need to go for that course. Rather you are trying to have a vacation which truly has been your intent too. My advice, build a little travel history of vacations first i.e. if people go abroad for vacations, they go to a lot of relatively near by countries first. Say malaysia, turkey, UAE or SA. Then you can even apply straight forward for vacations based visit to canada since you otherwise have a good profile.

The difference here i think is the intent of visit which is pretty clear in reality to us too. Again this is just my opinion.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
fkl said:
Just FYI for those who do not know, the reasons written on standard refusal are very very generic. They are written specifically to cover all possible scenarios for justifying VO rather than to specifically pin point the actual cause. Hence GCMS notes are really helpful and one should always consult them after refusal.

To give you a concrete example, GCMS notes are very straight forward compared to a generic political answer. It has things like "claimed job experience in area x of y years, but experience letters didnt support that" or "working in x in Pakistan but wants to go to work in y area which is in fact considered a lower level job than x" etc.
how to request GCMS notes? How long the request takes?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
layla.bee said:
how to request GCMS notes? How long the request takes?
I already posted a reference. Here it is again in case you missed it.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

The thread discusses all possible ways to obtain notes as well the expected duration and cost. It also answers a lot of questions that people might have in this regard.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
fkl said:
I already posted a reference. Here it is again in case you missed it.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

The thread discusses all possible ways to obtain notes as well the expected duration and cost. It also answers a lot of questions that people might have in this regard.
thanks, but should I be requesting electronic or physical file? Which will have more details and detail explanation?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
layla.bee said:
thanks, but should I be requesting electronic or physical file? Which will have more details and detail explanation?
I really don't know and haven't done it personally. But i feel the contents of notes would be same whether received via email or by post. As with any thing else, online application processing should be faster compared with postal one.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
fkl said:
I really don't know and haven't done it personally. But i feel the contents of notes would be same whether received via email or by post. As with any thing else, online application processing should be faster compared with postal one.
They ask if we want access to physical file or we want access to CIC electronic file. Which is a bit tricky. I am not sure if electronic file has same info. as the physical file of CHC. I am chosing the email as form of recipt, but it is different from the access of info, which are electronic file or physical file

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
No problem, i will try to help as much as i can.

a. 20 years is a long time. What i am wondering is that your spouse has been here all this time in Pakistan? This might have been questionable for the VO. Also since you are residing there and it is your spouse, why haven't you applied for some permanent residence category such as spousal sponsorship etc. Just the questions that came to my mind as i got to know your profile details.

b. You can find details of open work permit here. Simply googling it would help

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

c. Well there is no legal binding in applying for another category. In fact this has often be the case for e.g. some one wanted to get his spouse there fast. Applied for temp resident visa, got refused. Was told latter that they should use the standard FAM sponsorship category which takes around 2+ years. They did that and got visa this time.

d. You can surely order notes on behalf of your wife. But you will need a consent form filled by her. Take a look at the other gcms reply in which i posted a link to all details about it.
Just gathering info for open work permit from cic

I got married just last year
and I moved to canada with my family when I was just 7 years old

Yes I ll apply for gcms notes
but can she apply from.pakistan?
And give my mailing address of canada?

I m really grateful for all ur words
they are encourging and v helpful

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
Dear sarah123 and ch.immigration,

The following thread should answer all of your questions related to gcms notes. It even refers some one who is offering to get it for free. But generally speaking yes you would need a consent form to apply for any one else's notes even if it is your hubby. Any one except the primary applicant himself. Regarding 10 months old i am not sure. I guess if you look for GCMS notes detail on the website, there would be some info about max timeline. You should just apply to be sure. There is no harm in trying.

another question?
How much time they take to process an open work permit?
I search cic site
its says 9 months for work permit
I m not sure if it is also for SOWP

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
Just gathering info for open work permit from cic

I got married just last year
and I moved to canada with my family when I was just 7 years old

Yes I ll apply for gcms notes
but can she apply from.pakistan?
And give my mailing address of canada?

I m really grateful for all ur words
they are encourging and v helpful
No problem! I am just sharing what i learned along the way and it's best when it is useful for others.

I really don't know about gcms notes beyond the thread i already quoted or official documentation of these notes. But it appears from that material that the applicant has to be the person whose address is being provided as destination. So probably if she applies from Pakistan, she will have to choose the costlier route and cannot give your address. Where as if you apply on her behalf (by simply asking her to sign, scan and email you the consent form), it would be cheaper and faster.

Some general concepts about owp or trv that might help you.

A person who is already in Canada, would want his / her spouse to be with him permanently, not temporarily. So the correct way is to apply via family sponsorship. Many people have done that and because that takes 2-3 years, often people apply from trv WHILE their FAM sponsorship is in process. This is dual intent and is acceptable with the canadian system. Often trv's are approved and often not depending upon the strength of case, but the intent is very clear i.e. permanent move. But never would a wife be given just a temp visa WHILE HER HUSBAND IS ALREADY IN CANADA AND SHE DOES NOT HAVE A PERMANENT MOVE APPLICATION IN PROCESS IN PARALLEL.

The other possibility is for cases like me for e.g. When no one has moved to Canada yet. One gets a job offer and would only move along with his family. Since work visa is temporary (and one has to apply separately latter from inside canada for permanent residence), hence either both are approved or both would be rejected (latter is less likely and would only happen when there is some thing wrong with the applicant, job or the documentation). So spouse trvs are generally accepted in such cases too.

Since your situation does not fall into the latter category, i would strongly suggest

1. First apply for permanent immigration (FAM category) for her.

2. While your FAM case is in process, apply for open work permit. Open work permit does not require one to be a highly skilled person. A colleague of mine who applied a few months before me and went with his wife, only had normal graduation as of any one in Pakistan with no work experience. She went on an open work permit.
My Mrs has an MBA focusing in HR, but she barely has any professional experience in that. Neither has she any intend to work there. Still having a legal authority to do so was the only reason we preferred owp vs trv.

However, for owp they get to see an applicant's educational qualifications, experiences if they have any - so it is a better over all outlook of an applicant vs the one for a trv and hence better chances of success.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
another question?
How much time they take to process an open work permit?
I search cic site
its says 9 months for work permit
I m not sure if it is also for SOWP
It is pretty much the same. But 9 months is like the bad average. It includes cases of live-in caregivers, cooks etc and all sorts of other relatively low skilled professions which are in majority here.

Two of my colleagues got it in precisely two months from Pakistan around dec 2012 - Jan 2013 time frame. I applied a little late, had some complications due to kids forms and then suffered multiple things such as delays due to strikes, work permit regulations changed and enforced (accelerated work permits were cancelled as a policy etc). Still i am around 4.5 month time frame and expecting to get through much sooner than 9 months.

Moral of the story, if yours (primary applicant's profile is strong in terms of profession, earnings etc and so is that of the spouse applying from Pakistan. You should expect a smoother processing of may be not more than a few months.

Important: Work permit has lower priority compared to student visa or trv's so it really is affected by what time of year you apply i.e. applying in a season when there are lots of study visa applications (for sep intake main crowd is from april to august) would slow your processing down. Applying near end of year would result in faster processing

sarah123

Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD / LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Expired
Interview........
Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Insha Allah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
layla.bee said:
On Saturday, my mom also received the call from TCS, and got her visa. She got 4 yrs multiple entry. She applied via TCS, paper based application on June 27th, 2013. Visa was issued on Sep 12, and she got a call from TCS on 14th. The TCS personnel told my mother that they are receiving a lot of rejections for TRV these days.
Greattttttttt

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
No problem! I am just sharing what i learned along the way and it's best when it is useful for others.

I really don't know about gcms notes beyond the thread i already quoted or official documentation of these notes. But it appears from that material that the applicant has to be the person whose address is being provided as destination. So probably if she applies from Pakistan, she will have to choose the costlier route and cannot give your address. Where as if you apply on her behalf (by simply asking her to sign, scan and email you the consent form), it would be cheaper and faster.

Some general concepts about owp or trv that might help you.

A person who is already in Canada, would want his / her spouse to be with him permanently, not temporarily. So the correct way is to apply via family sponsorship. Many people have done that and because that takes 2-3 years, often people apply from trv WHILE their FAM sponsorship is in process. This is dual intent and is acceptable with the canadian system. Often trv's are approved and often not depending upon the strength of case, but the intent is very clear i.e. permanent move. But never would a wife be given just a temp visa WHILE HER HUSBAND IS ALREADY IN CANADA AND SHE DOES NOT HAVE A PERMANENT MOVE APPLICATION IN PROCESS IN PARALLEL.

The other possibility is for cases like me for e.g. When no one has moved to Canada yet. One gets a job offer and would only move along with his family. Since work visa is temporary (and one has to apply separately latter from inside canada for permanent residence), hence either both are approved or both would be rejected (latter is less likely and would only happen when there is some thing wrong with the applicant, job or the documentation). So spouse trvs are generally accepted in such cases too.

Since your situation does not fall into the latter category, i would strongly suggest

1. First apply for permanent immigration (FAM category) for her.

2. While your FAM case is in process, apply for open work permit. Open work permit does not require one to be a highly skilled person. A colleague of mine who applied a few months before me and went with his wife, only had normal graduation as of any one in Pakistan with no work experience. She went on an open work permit.
My Mrs has an MBA focusing in HR, but she barely has any professional experience in that. Neither has she any intend to work there. Still having a legal authority to do so was the only reason we preferred owp vs trv.

However, for owp they get to see an applicant's educational qualifications, experiences if they have any - so it is a better over all outlook of an applicant vs the one for a trv and hence better chances of success.
Lots of thanks man

1 .yes I have already applied for pr in family class in march 2013

2. She is well qualified as she has a master degree in english literature+ one year teaching course diploma
but she has no experience in this field
so she can apply as a teacher but I wonder if there is no experience at all
they might refuse it again
What.do u think.should I apply or not?

Really thanks for all suggestions
they are wonderful

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
layla.bee said:
They ask if we want access to physical file or we want access to CIC electronic file. Which is a bit tricky. I am not sure if electronic file has same info. as the physical file of CHC. I am chosing the email as form of recipt, but it is different from the access of info, which are electronic file or physical file
Hi miss
congrates on ur mother visa

I wonder y u want to.apply for notes as ur mother jas granted visa

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
Lots of thanks man

1 .yes I have already applied for pr in family class in march 2013

2. She is well qualified as she has a master degree in english literature+ one year teaching course diploma
but she has no experience in this field
so she can apply as a teacher but I wonder if there is no experience at all
they might refuse it again
What.do u think.should I apply or not?

Really thanks for all suggestions
they are wonderful
I guess i wasn't clear in my earlier text. First you never specify where or what some one works in. So whether teacher or something else is up to you. That is why it is open work permit. Nor do you require any experience in any area. I just said that having a good qualification and experience shows a person's over all profile in contrast to trv. She is good to go.

You are most welcome and all the very best with your scenario.