+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshis going to Canada this Fall'2012 join here

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AC2012 said:
passport released on 20th....received by vfs yesterday....

thanks and best of luck everyone
Congratulations AC2012!!! Almost TWO MONTHS after you applied in May 2012 you got your visa!
I cannot imagine how long June & July applicants will have to wait until the entire process is complete. CHC Singapore website mentions that beginning of June to end of August is like rush hour in Dhaka city! It is the peak application period with lots of files waiting to be processed!

May God help us all.

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@p2d2: how do you pay the 100$ fees and how do you track it if you're sending via Fedex?

AIB

Jun 4, 2012
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
01-04-2017
Just checked my tracker on VFS.
It says High Commission of Canada, SG released my passport today (after medical & resubmission).
But I didn't receive any e-mail !! Is it usual??? :'(

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada, Singapore, VFS Canada- Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
Dear Brothers,

I need a help. VFS only took my notarized university offer letter while applying for visa. They did not take any original educational certificates nor passport of mine. Will I face any problem because of submitting notarized educational docs including offer letter. I had the original ones with me but VFS told me to give them the notarized docs, if available. Please give a me reply.......

Sid186

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/06/2012
Med's Request
22/07/2012
Med's Done....
23/07/2012
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
23/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/08/2012
azhar_sakib said:
Dear Brothers,

I need a help. VFS only took my notarized university offer letter while applying for visa. They did not take any original educational certificates nor passport of mine. Will I face any problem because of submitting notarized educational docs including offer letter. I had the original ones with me but VFS told me to give them the notarized docs, if available. Please give a me reply.......
apart from passport nothing orginal is taken, u can give your original university letters and they will return it too bt i advice against it as those letters r highly imp in showing to the customs , officers abroad so better given the notarized ones. And dont worry on this, i made the same mistake of bringing originals bt luckly i had the notarized too.

azhar_sakib

Jul 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada, Singapore, VFS Canada- Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Request
12-08-2012
Med's Done....
12-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2012
LANDED..........
19-09-2012
Sid186 said:
apart from passport nothing orginal is taken, u can give your original university letters and they will return it too bt i advice against it as those letters r highly imp in showing to the customs , officers abroad so better given the notarized ones. And dont worry on this, i made the same mistake of bringing originals bt luckly i had the notarized too.
Thank you Sid for the info. VFS told me that they will take my original passport after I get a Medical decision, Inshallah. So, they just took a photocopy of my whole passport (Cover page to last page) only. Thank you again Sid and good luck. :)

PrayERS

Jul 10, 2012
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
AOR Received.
21 June 2012
Med's Request
09 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 July 2012
Passport Req..
11 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7th August 2012
LANDED..........
26th August 2012
AC2012 said:
Finally got the visa :D
Congratulations!!!!! Do pray for me !! I am yet to receive mine...:( and its such a long wait I tell you...

PrayERS

Jul 10, 2012
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 June 2012
AOR Received.
21 June 2012
Med's Request
09 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 July 2012
Passport Req..
11 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
7th August 2012
LANDED..........
26th August 2012
AIB said:
Just checked my tracker on VFS.
It says High Commission of Canada, SG released my passport today (after medical & resubmission).
But I didn't receive any e-mail !! Is it usual??? :'(
Yes it is. I saw one who got a mail for the letter of introduction and another who got the letter of introduction with his stamped passport. So I guess it is quite normal...fingers crossed..:)

roybdsum

Jul 16, 2012
Visa Office......
Canadian High Commission - Singapore & VFS Canada Office - Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Those who submit papers in May they are getting their passport with visa right now. That means almost 2.5 months time took to get visa. So what will happen to me? I submitted papers in VFS in the 3rd July and my class is going to start from 4th September & still showing under processing from 10th July! So when I will get visa, purchase ticket, necessary shopping etc things do and finally be in Canada? :( Frustrating badly.

Robb

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
roybdsum said:
Those who submit papers in May they are getting their passport with visa right now. That means almost 2.5 months time took to get visa. So what will happen to me? I submitted papers in VFS in the 3rd July and my class is going to start from 4th September & still showing under processing from 10th July! So when I will get visa, purchase ticket, necessary shopping etc things do and finally be in Canada? :( Frustrating badly.
Same here, even we have heard that tickets are not available too

My application was received at Singapore CHC on 4th July. On 25th July, I received an email saying my processed application has been sent.. Now waiting for VFS notification to receive the result... Extremely tensed... Don't know when vfs is gonna call me for collecting the decision.

By the way which uni did you apply? which subject?

P2D2

Nov 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadh said:
@ p2d2: how do you pay the 100$ fees and how do you track it if you're sending via Fedex?
The fee is not $100. It is Canadian $125 or Singapore $164. Check here for details on fees:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

If you are a Bangladeshi citizen, you need to open a Student File at Standard Chartered Bank in Bangladesh and get a foreign currency draft to pay your study permit (student visa) fee. You can track your application via Fedex tracking number.

Regards.

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if that's really the case, that would be a tremendous option, i think we should notify people of this

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i had two more queries, although maybe not regarding these issues, but im not getting an answer so i guess i'll post it here just in case someone's kind enough to answer :)

1.should the airports charge me if i bring my 3.5 inch 2TB internal HDD with me when i come? Im coming for the first time on a study permit in ottawa, and I think I'll be bringing that HDD and quite an amount of clothes like most Bangladeshis :p .... but someone said canada might put a tax on that

2.I'm going to canada for doing my M.Eng in ECE from ottawa university. I'm planning to finish it by 3 semesters, but 1 semester will be null since ottawa doesn't offer m.eng courses in summer. My question is, if i do that, when I have applied for a work permit, what will be the duration of it and going through that , how will it affect my chances of getting a PR in ottawa? The official duration of the course is probably two semesters (says on my offer letter "it usually takes a person two years to complete the course")

ssaquif

Jul 30, 2012
Hello there

I just recently found this forum and i would be really grateful if anyone could answer my following queries. I submitted my visa application on the 9/07/2012 at Ctg Vfs office and CHC Singapore received them on 16/07/2012. Can anyone tell me how long before i get an update and how long does it usually take for someone to receive their final decision from CHC Singapore including transit time. And congrats to all who got there visa already.