File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sohel09, Thank you very much! So, you suggest I submit the form anyway... It's a 5-hour drive to Ottawa, would going in person make a difference, do you think? Or would it be a long trip for nothing? The problem is, since they deny that they do this (I managed to get that in writing!), I can't get them to tell me the fee, or what documentation is necessary :)

I can send certified copies of my current passport and my old passport with the Bangladesh visas (surely you don't mean that I should send the originals, do you?), and I can tell them what my residence and work addresses were, but I don't have any kind of lease or contract to prove the address... Still searching for old work-related documentation, but that was 15 years ago...

I did contact the US Embassy in Dhaka, they were sympathetic but said they couldn't do anything...

BTW - I'm supposed to do this for Cambodia too - that is much, much worse :)

rezrahman

May 28, 2009
Dear All - came across a term "CAIP", can anybody explain what it means/does and benefits of subscription. Thanks in advance.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Processed in BIQ Hong Kong)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2006 for Québec and 13-08-2008 for Federal
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
14-08-2008 as per CSQ received on 28-05-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
21-06-2007 in BIQ Hong Kong Waived for Singapore
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
rezrahman said:
Dear All - came across a term "CAIP", can anybody explain what it means/does and benefits of subscription. Thanks in advance.
Hello rezrahman;

Thank you very much for your question. CAIPS is short for "Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System". It is the computer system used by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to process visa applications, and holds all the information on the current status of every immigration application being processed by overseas offices (i.e. those outside of Canada).

For further information, please click the following link;

http://www.caips.ca/

Thank you.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FROM DHAKA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS

jes_ON said:
Sohel09, Thank you very much! So, you suggest I submit the form anyway... It's a 5-hour drive to Ottawa, would going in person make a difference, do you think? Or would it be a long trip for nothing? The problem is, since they deny that they do this (I managed to get that in writing!), I can't get them to tell me the fee, or what documentation is necessary :)

I can send certified copies of my current passport and my old passport with the Bangladesh visas (surely you don't mean that I should send the originals, do you?), and I can tell them what my residence and work addresses were, but I don't have any kind of lease or contract to prove the address... Still searching for old work-related documentation, but that was 15 years ago...

I did contact the US Embassy in Dhaka, they were sympathetic but said they couldn't do anything...

Hello jes_ON;

Thank you once again for explaining your situation in detail. There are two reasons for suggesting you.

a) It is clearly mentioned in the CIC website that the Foreign and Non-Resident Applicants may obtain a “Police Certificate” by applying with required fees to the "High Commission or Embassy” of Bangladesh in their country of current residence. And that is how it works for many countries of the world.

b) If the Non-Resident Bangladeshis can obtain the service with required fees, then where are the problems for a Foreign X-resident?

But if the situation turns out in such way that I am the one who makes only arguments with the Government…….then I would wonder how come such works have been done so far?! Have you got my point?!

Now of course, I can not suggest you drive 5 hours x 2 just to try your luck. But this is simply awful! Please contact (may be both by fax and telephone) them once again and ask them to explain you in Black and White “why they can not provide this service to you.” Also, please ask them to guide you properly to receive your “Police Clearance Certificate” from Dhaka, if only the “High Commission” is certainly not authorized / able to process it. The “High Commission” must understand the high importance of the matter.

What can I say you about Cambodia? I have once played some adventure games of “Lara Croft in Cambodia”; hope they do not make it harder than that for you. By the way, please use only the certified copies of your passports as well as other necessary documents when required.

Please keep in touch and Good-luck!

Let me quote the following web link for a reference of our valued members and viewers;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/bangladesh.asp
b]POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FROM DHAKA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS[/b]

jes_ON said:

Hello jes_ON;

Thank you once again for explaining your situation in detail. There are two reasons for suggesting you.

a) It is clearly mentioned in the CIC website that the Foreign and Non-Resident Applicants may obtain a “Police Certificate” by applying with required fees to the "High Commission or Embassy” of Bangladesh in their country of current residence. And that is how it works for many countries of the world.

b) If the Non-Resident Bangladeshis can obtain the service with required fees, then where are the problems for a Foreign X-resident?

But if the situation turns out in such way that I am the one who makes only arguments with the Government…….then I would wonder how come such works have been done so far?! Have you got my point?!

Now of course, I can not suggest you drive 5 hours x 2 just to try your luck. But this is simply awful! Please contact (may be both by fax and telephone) them once again and ask them to explain you in Black and White “why they can not provide this service to you.” Also, please ask them to guide you properly to receive your “Police Clearance Certificate” from Dhaka, if only the “High Commission” is certainly not authorized / able to process it. The “High Commission” must understand the high importance of the matter.

What can I say you about Cambodia? I have once played some adventure games of “Lara Croft in Cambodia”; hope they do not make it harder than that for you. By the way, please use only the certified copies of your passports as well as other necessary documents when required.

Please keep in touch and Good-luck!

Let me quote the following web link for a reference of our valued members and viewers;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/bangladesh.asp

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
Important Changes to Quebec Selection Process

Important Change of Course in Immigration - Government announces the establishment of a quick way to attract and retain students in Quebec and foreign skilled workers of responding to the needs of the labour market.

They seem to be getting rid of the point's grid for skilled workers working in Quebec on a TWP (Temporary Work Permit).

By these actions, the government responds to commitments made by Premier Jean Charest in promoting the retention of qualified people able to meet the pressing needs of the labour market in Quebec, where 700 000 positions will be filled by 2012.

For further information, please click the following link;(please note that the publication is available only in French)

http://communiques.gouv.qc.ca/gouvqc/communiques/GPQF/Juin2009/16/c7144.html?slang=en

Thank you.

rezrahman

May 28, 2009
Dear Sohel09 - thank you for your usual prompt support. I have checked the website. Have you used it? Do you know any of our members using it? Thank you once again.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
rezrahman said:
Dear Sohel09 - thank you for your usual prompt support. I have checked the website. Have you used it? Do you know any of our members using it? Thank you once again.
Hello rezrahman;

I unfortunately have no idea about our other members.No, I have not asked for it yet. I am residing in Dhaka. So, if I want to have the CAIPS notes, I will need to find either a Canadian Citizen, or an Agent or (may be) at least a Canadian PR to ask for it on my behalf. More over it costs some money to receive it not before 30 working days. So, I think that I would rather have some extra patience. Either way, I am standing almost on the finishing line of my PR procedure. Please pray for me.

Thank you for asking.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
rezrahman said:
Dear Sohel09 - my prayers. Take care.
Dear rezrahman;

Thank you very much.

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Dear All, How CV should prepare and present with final document? pls someone advice, attach file as sample basis, tips. It will be great help.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
PROBABLE FORMAT FOR A CV

SaimonBlue said:
Dear All, How CV should prepare and present with final document? pls someone advice, attach file as sample basis, tips. It will be great help.
Hello SaimonBlue and Others;

Please note that the formats of CV along with the PR Application can be different for each individual. I also have sometimes questioned myself regarding this matter...and finally came to such conclusion that it is neither for a purpose of employment, nor for a purpose of educational admission But at the same time it must serve a proper professional purpose. Well, before giving you the format of my idea, let me genuinely ask all of you to make your valuable evaluations and suggestions (on my format), so that you can always consider of different other formats of your best choice.

Here is the format of my Consideration;

Name:

Address:

E-mail:

Career Summary:

Special Qualifications:
(If applicable to support your career)

Employment History: 1, 2, 3……

Duties/Responsibilities: 1, 2, 3…...

Academic Qualifications:
(Preferable in a chart with Starting and Finishing Dates as well as Grades / Divisions/ Special Distinctions etc.)

Training Summary: [All Professional and Educational (Placements or Internships) Trainings, with Starting and Finishing Dates.. if applicable, preferable in a chart]

Professional Qualifications: (If applicable…Qualifications in ONE or MORE Professional Departments…Administration, Sales, PR, IT etc.)

Specializations: (If applicable to support your Professional Qualifications....such as a Paediatrician among Doctors)

IT and computer knowledge: (For All non IT professionals it MAY just be General Computer and Internet Operating Knowledge)

Extra Curricular Activities: (If applicable)

Language Proficiency: (Depending on the best proficiency, first start either with English or French, then mention your Mother Tongue in Serial 3…. then others if applicable)

Personal Details: (Date of Birth, Blood Group, Marital Status, Children’s Information, Someone may also include their Parents and Sibling’s Information)

Reference/s: (If applicable)

Well that would be quite a Long CV….If possible, please try to make it Bit Shorter. What do you think?

Thank you.

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
PROBABLE FORMAT FOR A CV

It seems quite resourceful information. I hope that it will help me. Someone can share from their different point of view.

Many Thanks to Shoel09 Bhai.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
Dear All;

We have received today the following message in another forum from a Bangladeshi Brother from Australia. Let me copy and paste below his original message (in Blue) here in this forum for your information.

Thank you.

Hello All Bangladeshies!

This is Showkat from Sydney, Australia.

I have lodged my application for Migration to Canada through simplified application process on October 2008.
CIC requested my updated documente on December 2008.
Interview asked on March 2009.
Interview given at Canadian Consulate general,Sydney on June 09.
The interview successfull by the mercy of Allmighty Allah.
Medical done on June 12, 2009.
Applied for police clearance for both BAN and AUS.

Now waiting for successfull medical result and police clearance certificates.

Once CIC receives them, I will get final decision within a few weeks Inshallah.

I wish all my Bangladeshi fellows good luck. May Allah fulfill the dreams of all Bangladeshi applicants.

Khoda Hafez

Showkat
55 Reservoir St,
Sydney,NSW 2010
Australia

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
What is the age limit for making separate passport for baby for imm purpose? For example, 8 months or above. In the signature section, is it acceptable of finger print of baby? or i should include father or mother passport.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
AGE LIMIT TO OBTAIN A BANGLADESH PASSPORT!?

SaimonBlue said:
What is the age limit for making separate passport for baby for imm purpose? For example, 8 months or above. In the signature section, is it acceptable of finger print of baby? or i should include father or mother passport.
Hello SaimonBlue;

You have asked about another "Technical Issue". Well, I am not quite sure whether somewhere it is clearly mentioned about the age limit for a Bangladeshi citizen to hold his / her own valid passport.

Although, I think that a Bangladeshi citizen having age of 15 years and above can independently apply for his / her own passport.

However, regarding the validity of ONE's Signature to apply for a Bangladeshi passport, the age limit is 12 years and above. Below the age of twelve, I think Either of the Parents or a legitimate guardian is authorized to Sign On Behalf of each child.

For further information, please click the following link;

http://www.dip.gov.bd/sites/default/files/PassportRules_0.pdf

Thank you.