Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
[size=10pt]Labour shortage becoming ‘desperate'[/size]

An increasingly “desperate” labour shortage is the main obstacle keeping companies from becoming more competitive.

An aging work force and growing demand for specialized skills means that hundreds of thousands of jobs are going begging despite stubbornly high unemployment, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce concludes in a report being released Wednesday.

The expected shortfall over the next decade or so includes 163,000 construction jobs, 130,000 oil workers, 60,000 nurses, 37,000 truckers, 22,000 hotel workers and 10,000 skilled steel tradespeople.

“Canada is developing a desperate labour shortage and resolving it is key to the continued success of Canadian businesses and the economy,” according to the report, Top 10 Barriers to Competitiveness.

The chamber said businesses must work closely with the federal and provincial governments to tap “underutilized” potential workers, including older workers, youth, natives, the disabled and new immigrants.

“We have to have a real sense of urgency. We're trying to sound an alarm,” Perrin Beatty, chief executive of the chamber, said in an interview.

Most Canadians are “blissfully unaware” that their future prosperity is being put at risk by emerging economic challenges, from inside and outside the country, Mr. Beatty argued.

He pointed out that Prime Minister Stephen Harper's visit to China this week is a powerful reminder that faster-moving trade rivals are rapidly moving up the economic “value chain.” He said Canada must “up its game” to keep pace.

“A lot of things we take for granted are at risk,” Mr. Beatty said.

The labour shortage is the most severe of 10 barriers facing businesses, which include discriminatory employment-insurance benefits across the country, a complex tax system that is laden with exemptions and too dependent on income and corporate taxes, lingering barriers to trade within Canada, and vague and overly restrictive foreign-investment rules.

A key challenge is to help workers laid off from shrinking industries, such as manufacturing, find work in fast-growing sectors.

That's the reason the biotech industry is launching an online skills-transfer tool this week designed to help factory workers identify expertise that could be useful to new employers. Many traditional manufacturing skills are desperately needed in biotech, including those of equipment installers and operators and monitoring and control technicians, according to BioTalent Canada, an Ottawa-based non-profit group that developed the Web resource.

“Unemployed workers simply do not know this,” said Rob Henderson, executive director of BioTalent Canada.

Immigrants are another vast pool of potential workers. They make up a fifth of the labour force and all of its recent growth. But language barriers, mismatches of skills and problems converting foreign credentials is forcing too many of them into low-paying unskilled work or unemployment, concludes a report issued this week by Toronto-Dominion Bank.

Raising the employment rate for immigrants to the same level as native-born Canadians would mean 370,000 more people working, according to TD. And if immigrants were paid the same as non-immigrants, the boost to the economy would equal $30-billion, or 2 per cent of the gross domestic product.

“Canada would gain a major competitive advantage if this country were recognized around the world as one where all migrants are successful in being able to practise their own trade and raise their standard of living,” the TD said.

Solving the dilemma is “integral to the long-term prosperity of Canada's economy,” the bank said. Better targeting of immigrants with the skills Canada needs, along with improved language training and better recognition of foreign credentials would help to close the gap, according to TD.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/growth/labour-shortage-becoming-desperate/article2330196/

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
My 500th post...:)

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Good News! Good News!! Good News!!!

One of the pre june applicants, ttamanna, sent her update recently like us. She got her ecas status IN process with Date!! Previously she got status IP ith RBVO details inside. Congratulations, ttamanna!!! Wish everyone all the best!!! Hope to hear good news for all pre june applicants!!

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
Prejune Applicants, please check all of your ecas status. Share your change, if any. All the best!!!

nkshumon

Jan 2, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application.
File Transfer...
24-04-2010 / in process since 27 march 2012 /Decition made on 17/9/12
Med's Request
17-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Weived
Passport Req..
12/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/9/2012
LANDED..........
07-11-2012
deba_avik said:

One of the pre june applicants, ttamanna, sent her update recently like us. She got her ecas status IN process with Date!! Previously she got status IP ith RBVO details inside. Congratulations, ttamanna!!! Wish everyone all the best!!! Hope to hear good news for all pre june applicants!!
Excellent news deba ,,, refreshing , and congrats her and best of luck for all.

NKSHUMON

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
deba_avik said:

[size=30pt]Congrats to ttamanna!

sMark

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
11 Oct, 2012
Med's Done....
22 Oct, 2012
deba_avik said:

Superb news!! Thank you very much Deba_avik. By the way, any idea, when were her documents reached SVO?

And Best wishes for ttamanna.

Rafin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
October 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 2013
VISA ISSUED...
February 2013
LANDED..........
Landed on May 2013
deba_avik said:
Prejune Applicants, please check all of your ecas status. Share your change, if any. All the best!!!
My address disappeared today

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Posts of November 2011 were based on people received MR'r on preceding months of that month.
Things have been delayed in December for Christmas, New year closures. Things have been further delayed since January 2012 as CIC got busy with MI-3 applications. it is the usual practice by the CHC's around the world that the # of visa issuance will gradually come down as the year approaching to an end. britto got tensed way too early and he should wait at least 3-5 months to get his status changing to IP after sending the full documents.

at this moment CIC has finalized most of the MI-2 applications. Dont forget they have concurrently been issuing visas to Pre June 2008, MI-1, MI-2 applicants.

Rafin,

Have you recently been asked to send Document updates?

classical,

this is what schmeichel pm'ed just now.

Hey jnathan,

Any progress regarding your application? It would appear that some of the applicants who had Decision Made status before medicals are starting to receive their rejection letters while some applicants have had DM removed. Unfortunately my status is still DM and my consultant has not forwarded me any info save for the standard reply when I submitted my updated employment details! I think I have already begun to accept that my case is most likely rejected! Hope things fare better for others in the queue, I look forward to hearing positive news from your end.

Rafin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
October 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 2013
VISA ISSUED...
February 2013
LANDED..........
Landed on May 2013
[quote

Rafin,

Have you recently been asked to send Document updates?

[/quote]

On 1st week of feb 2012 I sent updated docs as they asked on jan 2012

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Rafin,

ttamanna:
NOC Code......: 4131
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: 25th February , 2010
AOR Received.: 1st April , 2010
File Transfer...: 7th April , 2010.
Med's Request: Waiting.
Interview........: Waiting
Passport Req..: Waiting
VISA ISSUED...: Waiting
LANDED..........: Waiting

ttamanna's file transfer took place a month earlier than your's. As she got her Ecas recently been reached to IN PROCESS, Logically, you can expect your Ecas to reach IN PROCESS in March 2012.

robi2007

Feb 28, 2011
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2007
Dear seniormembers,

i need yours advice. i applied through local solicitor/lawyer. they did not provide me my file number yet. they kept all photocopy of my cerificate and other documents. and their behaviour not so positive. they are just looking for money. if i get my file number and want to change my address and want to handle the rest procedure by myself. Do they create any problem for me in future? please let me inform. eagerly waiting for your honest advice.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
sMark said:
Superb news!! Thank you very much Deba_avik. By the way, any idea, when were her documents reached SVO?

And Best wishes for ttamanna.
She sent her docs about 15/20 days ago and go the status update!! I sent my updates a month ago, no updates still.

Rafin said:
My address disappeared today
Rafin, keep on checking. You will see changes within a week.. Best of luck!!

nkshumon

Jan 2, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application.
File Transfer...
24-04-2010 / in process since 27 march 2012 /Decition made on 17/9/12
Med's Request
17-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Weived
Passport Req..
12/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/9/2012
LANDED..........
07-11-2012
robi2007 said:
Dear seniormembers,

i need yours advice. i applied through local solicitor/lawyer. they did not provide me my file number yet. they kept all photocopy of my cerificate and other documents. and their behaviour not so positive. they are just looking for money. if i get my file number and want to change my address and want to handle the rest procedure by myself. Do they create any problem for me in future? please let me inform. eagerly waiting for your honest advice.
Mr Robi

Look you are going now using a lawyer procedure and you agreed and signed in a form also so its gonna worst for your file process to the Visa Office and your files image , So to me you should go current way , But that is not good that they did not give your letters and other replies from Visa office ,They should be transparent about their work to you . So far i know they had a contract with you about your total amount payment and they collect it step by step so without any reply , AOR, and MR they could not ask you for Money and you should collect all payment slip in a file for future evidence , Thats a little from my self .Best of luck.

Thanks

NKSHUMON

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
robi2007,

you can withdraw the representation power of your representative.

What if my immigration representative breaks the law while representing me?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp

If your representative has defrauded you personally (for example, if they charged you a fee, but did not fulfil what was promised or refuse to return your passport without another fee), contact your local law enforcement agency.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/faq.asp

What should I do if my consultant and I have a disagreement?

If you have problems with your consultant which cannot be resolved, you should file a complaint with the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not get involved in disputes between applicants and their consultants.

If I change my consultant, do I have to notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)?

Yes. You must notify CIC immediately if you change your consultant. To notify CIC, complete a new Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form and send it to the office processing your file. You can change your consultant at any time. You may also decide to deal directly with the visa office or the in-Canada immigration office yourself.