+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
zhmajumder said:
Dear syedrahman1980,

Thanks for your quick response, do you have any idea if they send second letter (request for documents in 6 month...someting like this) within 1 month or 2 then how much time may required to finalize my case in old systme.

I think the info will help me whether I will apply with the new rules or not.
As per CIC, 6-12 months in new rules. In old system no time period is mentioned by CIC. 3-4 years may require in old system.

good luck.

SYED

xyz592

Star Member
Jul 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
Did anybody from Bangladesh who applied after Feb 27, 2008 and before Nov 28, 2008 get the reply from NS, C-50?

zhmajumder

Aug 1, 2009
Dear XYZ,

Two of my friends applied during this period you mentioned. One in March'08 and another is in May'08. Both of my friends application initially forwarded to "Nova Scotia...." and currently their status is showing "Application Received". This status is showing around last 4 months.

One of my Ex-Coleague who applied on January'09, last week got the confirmation letter and has been asked to do Medical.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Why Nova Scotia? Dont the Bangladeshi cases handled by CIC Singapore?
Wow, applied in January 2009 and already asked for medical, How long does it take after medical is sent?
and did he apply under Federal Skilled Worker class? Which Profession?

zhmajumder

Aug 1, 2009
I don't know exactly why Nova Scatia.....I heard from them.

Regarding the January'09 Applicant, last week he just got the letter to do medical. I will update whenever I got any news. Regarding his profession....he is an IT professional and he applied upder Federal Skill Worker Migration program.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
All applications are forwarded to NS office from loacl visa office for ministrial instruction. It is heard that if the case is positive NS office will send the application to local visa office for further processing. in case of negative decision NS office directly inform the appliacnt.

Good luck.

SYED

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

has anybody who is currently in UK got their police clearance from Bangladesh?
I am now in UK & my dad went to police station to get Police Clearance Certificate & they told him that I will have to apply to Bangladesh Embassy in UK & then they will notify the ministry in Bangladesh & then I might get a PCC. This seems to me a loooong time consuming which will take probably more than 120 days.

Has anybody faced the same problem? Please advise..............................................

silence

Aug 3, 2009
hi
i'm living in uk now and recently i have collected my pcc from bangladesh...u r right about embassy they should do it for u but again it takes long time as u mentioned...so when i asked them (bd embassy in london) how to get it within short time they said i need to write an application addressing IO of local thana in bangladesh for the pcc mentioning i need it for immigration purpose...but in application u need to mention that u want it through bd embassy...then take that application along with ur passport (original & photocopy both) to embassy & they will attest it for u & will charge u £5...even u can check urself how to do it calling bd embassy they r really helpful...
but the difficult part will start later...as u mentioned about ur dad already made an enquiry at local thana...so it will be advisable that u send all the papers to ur home and then someone who has bit influence in thana to take all necessary steps to get the pcc...u know our country no matter how much the service is improve still u need to know someone who can influence...after sending the documents (application, pp photocopy, 2 copy pp picture in case they ask) ask ur dad or some one to get pcc following the steps written below...to be honest for my case it took only 6 days (total)...unbelievable but it happened...

the following information is posted by dear shoel09 in All Bangladeshi Applicants thread...u can check it there as well...

All Dhaka residents must collect their PCC / Police Clearance Certificate from the DMP Head Quarter in Ramna. Please be sure, it is obviously not the Ramna Thana, but near the Police Station.

In the DMP, they call it a "One Stop Service", which in reality takes around one week to receive a PCC.

To claim the PCC from the Ramna DMP, Each applicant / claimer of the PCC is supposed to go through the following procedures;

a) Pay and Collect a Receipt/Chaalan (3 copies, one for the Bank, One for the DMP and One for you) from any "Sonali Bank" of Taka250/=

* Now there is a 13 digit code to mention at the TOP of this Receipt which is 1220100012681, be careful to mention it properly.

b) Go to the DMP Head Quarter in Ramna with that Receipt and a copy of your passport and an APPLICATION (with your signature) clarifying why you need a PCC. (I would recommend carrying your passport as well as two copies of PP size recent photographs, just in case).

c) Take a Receipt from the Duty officer/clerk with a Delivery Date.

***Be sure, that there will be a Police Verification procedure done by your local Police Station/ Thana.
To receive an early result better you inform your Local PS, in advance regarding your Application in the DMP.

***Regarding Sonali Bank Chaalan, what should I say!? "Actually each branch is supposed to have it. I remember, I got it at Baridhara branch which is now moved to Nadda Bazaar, I could receive only one copy of the Chaalan, as I gave 50 taka Baksheesh to the Bank clerk. Then I had to make 3 copies for me of the Chaalan and gave the remaining copy back to the clerk. Well, it saved time for me than fumbling for it in another branch.

***About the application at the DMP, it is TIME saving, if you can prepare in advance simply on an A4 white page. For me and my wife's case I did not have to provide any PP size photo.

*** THE RESIDENTS OF OTHER CITIES AND THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NEAREST POLICE STATION/ THANA FOR INFORMATION.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
No worries, Police Clearance from BD is easy.
I took it pretty easily from Dhaka before I went to Canada for my Undergrad.
Now the situation is is easy but you gotta follow some steps as posted above.
thanks for the guidance.

silence

Aug 3, 2009
dear u r right...it's not that complicated...but we who leave outside bd time factor is very important cause to get anything from home it really takes lots of time...

anyway GOOD LUCK to everyone...

rezrahman

May 28, 2009
is there any standard waiting period from medical to visa stamping assuming there is no interview required - rezrahman

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
DEMAND JOB IN CANADA
Dears,
Would you please provide any information about what type of jobs are in demand in Canada for Commerce Graduate?
and How a new applicant may prepare himself to complete with other foreigners?

I believe that Jobs are more available for medical and health care sector as well as engineering. Other than these, it is far difficult to find job who are in Commerce track. What do think? Please share your experience and comment.

rezrahman

May 28, 2009
I second the question of saimonblue - do we have any senior in this group who has already moved to Canada? Their recommendations will be of great help to us.

silence

Aug 3, 2009
dear rezrahman

would u plz give us ur specific dates like when u got ur ul when u submit documents & finally when u got ur medical request????

thnx

silence

rezrahman

May 28, 2009
I have submitted my updates on 27 July. The medical docs showed an issue date of 29 July and received them on 3 Aug.