+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
@legalfalcon. Kindly assist me as to how to handle this issue:

I received my gcms notes yesterday and application shows approved pending security, however while i was going through the gcms notes i discovered that the travel document /passport number and expiry date allotted to me is wrong, it is actually that of my spouse. I couldnt find anywhere where my passport number or expiry date was written. In all column as regards travelling documents, the passport number written is the same for myself and my spouse. I am the principal applicant, my passport expires Jan. 2018, while that of my spouse is Dec. 2021.

How do i tackle this error? Or is it a minor oversight i can forgo?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
First of all you have to make sure that it is your PP number which has been wrongly entered.

Then see under Client detail 1, what is the travel doc number - this is usually on page 2 - 3. If it has been wrongly entered, then you will need to raise a CSE.

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
First of all you have to make sure that it is your PP number which has been wrongly entered.

Then see under Client detail 1, what is the travel doc number - this is usually on page 2 - 3. If it has been wrongly entered, then you will need to raise a CSE.
I would raise a CSE now. Thanks for the reply, yes my pp number was wrongly entered, it was actually on page 4, it had the pp number of my spouse instead of mine. The error was repeated on page 83 and 85. I have been stucked in IP2 for 3 weeks now. Could this error be what is delaying my security from being passed?. My application summary has approved on it, but the security is blank. Judging from your earlier response to a candidate with similar summary , only security is pending.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I would raise a CSE now. Thanks for the reply, yes my pp number was wrongly entered, it was actually on page 4, it had the pp number of my spouse instead of mine. The error was repeated on page 83 and 85. I have been stucked in IP2 for 3 weeks now. Could this error be what is delaying my security from being passed?. My application summary has approved on it, but the security is blank. Judging from your earlier response to a candidate with similar summary , only security is pending.
Do you see s16/s15 information retracted on your notes. If that is the case then maybe your security may either be IP or competed. But getting the info rectified ASAP is always best so that there are no delays and issues later. This is where GCMS helps.

babamia

Jul 1, 2016

double post

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
Do you see s16/s15 information retracted on your notes. If that is the case then maybe your security may either be IP or competed. But getting the info rectified ASAP is always best so that there are no delays and issues later. This is where GCMS helps.
Yes on page 3, and some other pages i see s15 on top right hand corner.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes on page 3, and some other pages i see s15 on top right hand corner.
So either your security check is complete or IP

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @legalfalcon it has been 76 days since AOR and 12 days post medicals got passed. Can you please advise if we should order GCMS notes yet or wait for some time. For background check it mentions-"next step is to do the background check and we will send you message when we start your background check".

Also from here how long does it usually take for FSWO

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon it has been 76 days since AOR and 12 days post medicals got passed. Can you please advise if we should order GCMS notes yet or wait for some time. For background check it mentions-"next step is to do the background check and we will send you message when we start your background check".

Also from here how long does it usually take for FSWO
GCMS notes are a great tool to track your application, but ordering them is not mandatory.

The application usually goes through the following stages:
R10 - completeness
A11.2 - Eligibility
Criminality
Security.

The GCMS notes help you see where your application is, see if the info you sent is correctly updated.

By this time, sine your medicals are cleared, you R10 should also be done and most likely your criminality should be done too. Eligibility should have started.

So you can order the notes if you want to.

The processing time for the FSW vary from application to application, but these days the processing time are between 5-8 months.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GCMS notes are a great tool to track your application, but ordering them is not mandatory.

The application usually goes through the following stages:
R10 - completeness
A11.2 - Eligibility
Criminality
Security.

The GCMS notes help you see where your application is, see if the info you sent is correctly updated.

By this time, sine your medicals are cleared, you R10 should also be done and most likely your criminality should be done too. Eligibility should have started.

So you can order the notes if you want to.

The processing time for the FSW vary from application to application, but these days the processing time are between 5-8 months.

Thanks @legalfalcon

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi LegalFalcon!

Here is my timeline:

FSWO
AOR 10 Feb
Meds passed 10 March and BG NS
ADR April 25 (I assume that this ADR was sent by mistake. It was a request for original Israeli PCC, but according to the law in Israel original pcc is NEVER handed out to individuals. It is sent to Canadian embassy in Tel-Aviv and CIC should contact the embassy directly and request pcc from them, not from me. This is also stated on CIC website. So I guess it was just a human mistake.)
April 27 I submitted LOE re this pcc issue

Received gcms on June 5 (generated on May 26)

Only meds passed, everything else not started, criminality decision pending until original Israeli pcc is received.

Now it seems to me that things are not moving at all. I think they haven't opened my file since they sent ADR (April 25). Do you think that this issue with pcc may delay the process? And when do you think it's better to order the second set of gcms?

Many thanks to you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon!

Here is my timeline:

FSWO
AOR 10 Feb
Meds passed 10 March and BG NS
ADR April 25 (I assume that this ADR was sent by mistake. It was a request for original Israeli PCC, but according to the law in Israel original pcc is NEVER handed out to individuals. It is sent to Canadian embassy in Tel-Aviv and CIC should contact the embassy directly and request pcc from them, not from me. This is also stated on CIC website. So I guess it was just a human mistake.)
April 27 I submitted LOE re this pcc issue

Received gcms on June 5 (generated on May 26)

Only meds passed, everything else not started, criminality decision pending until original Israeli pcc is received.

Now it seems to me that things are not moving at all. I think they haven't opened my file since they sent ADR (April 25). Do you think that this issue with pcc may delay the process? And when do you think it's better to order the second set of gcms?

Many thanks to you!
First you should try and find if IRCC has got your PCC. So call IRCC, send an email, or raise a CSE. When they confirm that they have it, then you can order GCMS to verify that it has been taken on record. But first do the due diligence.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First you should try and find if IRCC has got your PCC. So call IRCC, send an email, or raise a CSE. When they confirm that they have it, then you can order GCMS to verify that it has been taken on record. But first do the due diligence.
Thank you!

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
I got my notes yesterday through getgcms - thank you. I have few questions if you can help me please:
On the second page, the status is:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed

On the Associations section, the page is blank with s.16(1)(c) at the top right in which I read your post regarding s16 on this forum.

On the notes sections the last comment from agent states:
Case analyst application: E000XXXX Regulation: PNP: FSW, I have verified this application under section 11.2 of immigration and refugee protection act and make following determination: RECOMMENDATION:***Appear to meet requirements***Ready to finalize
----------------------------------------------------------------Civil Status: PA (NAME), Married Passport expiry (DATE) Spouse/CL (NAME)
----------------------------------------------------------------INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA (NAME) No trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present application SPOUSE/CL (NAME) no trace in GCMS/FOSS other than present application---------------------WORK EXPERIENCE: Qualifying period 06DEC2006 to 05DEC2016
Submitted letters of reference which are assessed as follows: EDOCS NUMBER XXXX the duties listed in the letter of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under NOC code selected. The letter of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under NOC selected. The letter of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience. PA meets Education requirements.

My questions:
  1. How the assessment happened under section 11.2 with the above recommendation while the status still shows Not Started?
  2. How security shows Not Started while under section s16(1)(c) the information has been not disclosed? does this mean security did start but not updated on the status?
  3. The above notes were done at the CIO. Does CIO handle A11.2 or visa office?
  4. I think the above is the analyst recommendation, still there will be someone to verify and approve, right?
  5. How can I make sure from the notes if the application has been transfered to visa office?
Regards