+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
nix1 said:
mythdot said:
Nix1

My application also reached Buffalo on April 8th. I had sent MO.
Can you let me know when your check is cashed? I will do the same.
Just checked the status - not cashed yet.
My application has been returned. More is here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-buffalo-returned-application-package-ainp-t17919.0.html

A question, my home country police certificate expired yesterday (it was issued Jan 20, 09). Do you think I need to request a new one before sending my application back OR they will accept the same old one? Thanks.

NIX1

How did you apply for PCC from home country and birth certificate. can we do that online? we are from the same country if you can tell me how do i go for it i shall truly appreciate your help

tan

Nov 23, 2008
Dipen,

AlbertaGovernor is right. Just wait and check you regular mail. I receive this email 3 days before I receive the snail mail.

AlbertaGovernor or other gurus,

Question on the CIC application. It is my understanding that the certificate is valid for 6 months. The letter I receive mentioned that I have to submit CIC before Late September 2009. However the mail was postmarked April 26, 2009. So that means it only about 5 months?
I did notice that the letter was dated March 26, 2009. Is there some QC process in AINP office prior to mailing the letters?

Thanks,

CT

dipen said:
I got the same email but i havent received my PNP nomination yet. Any info??

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
tan said:
Question on the CIC application. It is my understanding that the certificate is valid for 6 months. The letter I receive mentioned that I have to submit CIC before Late September 2009. However the mail was postmarked April 26, 2009. So that means it only about 5 months?
I did notice that the letter was dated March 26, 2009. Is there some QC process in AINP office prior to mailing the letters?

Thanks,

CT
doesn't matter. last date to apply is whatever is specified in the letter (Sept 25).

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipen said:
NIX1

How did you apply for PCC from home country and birth certificate. can we do that online? we are from the same country if you can tell me how do i go for it i shall truly appreciate your help
No you can not apply online for PCC and Birth Certificate for our country and the Embassy in DC does not issue those. I asked my brother to go to the Police Headquarters in Naxal and apply for it. I sent a copy of the bio page of my passport, copy of my citizenship, 2 passport size photos, departure record from Nepal (they stamp the date in your passport) and arrival record in the US (I-94 or stamp in your passport). My bro also had to see a lawyer and he had to do some fingerprints for me. He got the PCC in 3 days, he took it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a stamp and paid some money there and mailed that to me. I have no idea why he had to take it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but he said everybody is advised to do that. I guess one more way to suck your money. PCC in the police headquarter was free.

For my BC, my sister went to the village where I was born (high up on the mountain) and she got a letter from the VDC office that says when I was born and who my parents were. She took that letter to Babar Mahal Kitab Khana translated it in English and sent both copies to me. I hope this helps.

kool

Dec 11, 2008
I think we should make a small association after we get our PR ! How about "All ex-H1b freedom association " ? :)

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks a lot NIx1 and congratulation to Tan.

NIX1 I do have a copy of police certificate which I prepared as a document to apply for the USA visa. It has apolice department logo on the top, subject : TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.
THis is to certify MR.XXX son of YYY D.O.B ..... resident of ...citizenship no. .. and passport no. ...has a good moral character and no adverse record is found against hin.

photograph on left side and police officer signature on right side.

Does it look like the way I explained. I am pretty sure thats the PCC and similar new PCC should be good enough. but i am just trying to conform. Can you throw some idea bro.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dipen,

My PCC looks like what you have described. For more, please check your inbox in this forum (top right hand corner of the screen).

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
I got a follow-up e-mail to my earlier post. As we all correctly assumed, it was not applicable to us.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-h1b-holders-cic-process-t11870.0.html;msg86725#msg86725

On Friday, May 1, you were sent an email with a PDF Attachment from the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.
This email was intended for individuals nominated under the Engineering Occupations and Compulsory Trades Categories of our Strategic Recruitment Stream.
As a nominee under the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream, U.S. Visa Holder Category, this email and attached PDF does not apply to you and was sent to you in error.
Please disregard the previous email with PDF attachment and accept our apologies for any confusion and inconvenience.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
I received similar email.

nomad_musafir said:
I got a follow-up e-mail to my earlier post. As we all correctly assumed, it was not applicable to us.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-h1b-holders-cic-process-t11870.0.html;msg86725#msg86725

On Friday, May 1, you were sent an email with a PDF Attachment from the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.
This email was intended for individuals nominated under the Engineering Occupations and Compulsory Trades Categories of our Strategic Recruitment Stream.
As a nominee under the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream, U.S. Visa Holder Category, this email and attached PDF does not apply to you and was sent to you in error.
Please disregard the previous email with PDF attachment and accept our apologies for any confusion and inconvenience.

Mar 30, 2009
Hi,

I applied from buffelo(I am in USA on H 1) in july 2008, got aor on 3rd March 2009, is it beneficial and quicker to apply for pnp (alberta), if yes how does it work, do i have to send all the documents once again or there is a different way of doing this. Will appreciate any help on this.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
parveen.kapoor said:
Hi,

I applied from buffelo(I am in USA on H 1) in july 2008, got aor on 3rd March 2009, is it beneficial and quicker to apply for pnp (alberta), if yes how does it work, do i have to send all the documents once again or there is a different way of doing this. Will appreciate any help on this.
If you got AOR on March 3rd 2009 then better stick with it. PNP will take 8 months + 6 months.

For AINP you have to start from scratch, a completely different process compared to FSW.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
parveen.kapoor said:
Hi,

You can get the information and current processing timelines at www.albertacanada.com

bendjoe is right, you are better off with FSW as the SRS H1B is taking long these days.

agrisiva

Nov 8, 2008
Hi guys!

Yesterday, I got my AOR and request for medical test to be done within 60 days. But there was no date on their letter to calculate that :(

They received my CIC appln on Feb 20 and mailed my AOR on May 6th. My NOC # 2171.