+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

A

Albertagoverner

yrinaldy said:
All:

CIC returned my application forms. They request more evidence that I have been lawfully admitted to USA for a period of at least one year. And they have checkbox and checked for I-94 card as well as I-797 for H1b status.

My H1b was from 9/2008 to 5/2009 -- (this is my 3rd one). I should've included previous I-797 from my previous company that shows from 5/2002 - 5/2008.

Also, the letter said, if I can't provide proof of these documents, I have to submit my application to my home country.

I will provide notarized copies of these and mail tomorrow.

It's been exactly a week since I sent and got it returned. So, if anyone sent and haven't heard anything from more than 1 week, assume it's okay.

Good luck to all.
Thank god!! Everything will be okay just send all the I-797 and show them that they are concerned about just one year I have been legally in this country for last over 6 years.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, I sent my FBI clearance request to WV using USPS's cheapest rate (first class). Now, I am feeling bad that I should have used priority mail or something similar to that. Do you guys think I am going to be ok?

I also sent the PN Acknowledgement back to Edmonton with the first class mail (the cheapest kind), do you think it is going to be all right. I also faxed it before mailing it. Thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Albertagoverner. Your post made me feel much better now and it gave me some laugh too. You are pretty funny and you may have a second career in Alberta as a comedian (don't take me wrong, I am saying it in a good way).

downloadzombie

Jan 6, 2009
Hi All,

This brings up a very positive thing from my perspective.

"Also, the letter said, if I can't provide proof of these documents, I have to submit my application to my home country."

So this means those who have got nominations need not worry bout going out of status because they can still continue process from home country.

Correct me if I misunderstood anything.

thanks,
DZ

yrinaldy said:
All:

CIC returned my application forms. They request more evidence that I have been lawfully admitted to USA for a period of at least one year. And they have checkbox and checked for I-94 card as well as I-797 for H1b status.

My H1b was from 9/2008 to 5/2009 -- (this is my 3rd one). I should've included previous I-797 from my previous company that shows from 5/2002 - 5/2008.

Also, the letter said, if I can't provide proof of these documents, I have to submit my application to my home country.

It's been exactly a week since I sent and got it returned. So, if anyone sent and haven't heard anything from more than 1 week, assume it's okay.

Good luck to all.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
akk said:
I called BoA and discovered that CIC cashed my certified check last Friday.
So can I assume everything was ok, and that they will not send all my application back for corrections?

Akk
i believe you can assume that your application is complete...

One interesting information that some member on other forum mentioned was when his friend checked
with bank if the check was encashed... the bank gave a copy of the cheque that CIC submitted...
and on that check the "Bxxxxxxx" was stamped which might be the B-file/AOR no....

i plan on asking my bank if they can provide me a copy of CIC withdrawal...

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
yrinaldy said:
All:

Good luck to all.
I am sure they will accept after you send the previous I-797s.
Also, can you please elaborate If they responded to you via email or regular mail. When did you send these docs and when did you get the response. I think you said 1 week but just want to reconfirm. Did you get a file no also.

Your response will give hope and relief to people like me waiting for over a month for a response or file number.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
That is interesting..................
Has anyone ever tried that, and after received the AOR to compare?
When you try, ainpdude, please let me know...

Akk

ainpdude said:
akk said:
So can I assume everything was ok, and that they will not send all my application back for corrections?

Akk

One interesting information that some member on other forum mentioned was when his friend checked
with bank if the check was encashed... the bank gave a copy of the cheque that CIC submitted...
and on that check the "Bxxxxxxx" was stamped which might be the B-file/AOR no....

akk

Sep 2, 2008
How about the AINP Section, is it worth to go and check or it will not be interesting for me?

I need to decide if I am going or not, and it is kind of far...

Thanks,
Akk

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
akk said:
That is interesting..................
Has anyone ever tried that, and after received the AOR to compare?
When you try, ainpdude, please let me know...

Akk

ainpdude said:
akk said:

Akk

Akk,

I did try today... i went to the bank contact Integrated Payment Systems name of the check clearing
company and they faxed a copy of the cheque encashed by CIC Buffalo....

On the back of the cheque ... CIC did put a stamp along with a code starting with B followed
by 9 digits.

This no. does seem to match definition of "Immigration File No." provided by CIC :

"Immigration File no. : You will find this number on any official document issued to you from the visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Immigration File Number" starts with the letter "B", and is followed by nine numbers. (Example: B000000000)."

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=id_num&lang=en&app=ecas

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thank you very much...I will try that..
Just bothers me knowing that CIC already knows our AOR and waits 2-3 months to send it...I am just waiting to get my AOR to leave this country...
Also they could have the option for us to pre pay next day mail when they would send the AOR. I would be really happy to pay faster mail to get my AOR sonner....

Anyway, really appreciate the advice, thanks ainpdude...

Akk

ainpdude said:
Akk,

I did try today... i went to the bank contact Integrated Payment Systems name of the check clearing
company and they faxed a copy of the cheque encashed by CIC Buffalo....

On the back of the cheque ... CIC did put a stamp along with a code starting with B followed
by 9 digits.

This no. does seem to match definition of "Immigration File No." provided by CIC :

"Immigration File no. : You will find this number on any official document issued to you from the visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Immigration File Number" starts with the letter "B", and is followed by nine numbers. (Example: B000000000)."

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=id_num&lang=en&app=ecas

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
CIC responded via regular mail. No email.

I just sent all my I-797s to them and my I-94 cards today. CIC should receive it by tomorrow.

I sent my application to CIC on 2/10 and I received their response yesterday (2/17).

If you haven't heard anything from them within a week or so, I assume it should be safe and okay.

alberta1978 said:
yrinaldy said:
All:

Good luck to all.
I am sure they will accept after you send the previous I-797s.
Also, can you please elaborate If they responded to you via email or regular mail. When did you send these docs and when did you get the response. I think you said 1 week but just want to reconfirm. Did you get a file no also.

Your response will give hope and relief to people like me waiting for over a month for a response or file number.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Jay007:

Just a question... did you initially include your copy of I-797 and I-94 card?

Because I initially included my I-797 but only the last one (valid from 9/08 - 5/09). Some other member had his I-797 expire on 4/09 and got inquired as well.

Let me know. Thanks.

Jay007 said:
Friends, today I have received my CIC application back.

CIC wants the copy of I-797 and I-94 to prove that I am in USA more then 1 year
I had sent the copy of H1B Stamp and I-94 still CIC want
I have just sent back. let us see.

Good thing is, I had sent that application without PCC of India.
Yesterday, I had received my PCC of India

so this time application is with PCC

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
I did n't send I-797 as it was not in list.
I did send I-94 but I send the photocopy of H1B and I-94 on same paper so may be they confued.
that's why mine was returned I think

yrinaldy said:
Jay007:

Because I initially included my I-797 but only the last one (valid from 9/08 - 5/09). Some other member had his I-797 expire on 4/09 and got inquired as well.

Let me know. Thanks.

Jay007 said:

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
When is your H1b expires?

Also, in I-797, the lower portion is the I-94... I submitted 3 pages of I-797 (with I-94 attached) and my original I-94 from my arrival in the US. One member submitted all his I-797s but still get his returned. He thought CIC overlooked the paper - another thing, he has his H1b expires this April '09. Do you think that may be the case?

Thanks.

Jay007 said:
I did n't send I-797 as it was not in list.
I did send I-94 but I send the photocopy of H1B and I-94 on same paper so may be they confued.
that's why mine was returned I think

yrinaldy said:
Jay007:

Let me know. Thanks.

Jay007 said:

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
My H1B expires in 2010,I don't think so,CIC want to see the admission date,the admission stamp.

I don't know why they returned because I think they will check with USCIS regarding the admission date.

When I was in Canada,I came to US for visiting purpose,Department of Homeland Security (DHS) checked
my status in Canada with in a few seconds at the time of entry.they knew every thing about my status in Canada.

What I think is US and Canada shares there immigration database to check limited information about
third country person entering in US or Canada.I mean how long you had been in US or Canada,your status in US or Canada,
any criminal activity involvment etc.

Alberta has already done before nomination.

yrinaldy said:
When is your H1b expires?

Also, in I-797, the lower portion is the I-94... I submitted 3 pages of I-797 (with I-94 attached) and my original I-94 from my arrival in the US. One member submitted all his I-797s but still get his returned. He thought CIC overlooked the paper - another thing, he has his H1b expires this April '09. Do you think that may be the case?

Thanks.