+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Albertagoverner said:
They are now asking for seperate petition. The conversion days are over.
Not sure if there an official statement from CIC to this effect... to this day my CISC lawyer says that he is willing to get the
conversion done if i forward him the PNP certificate etc... but I dont want to deal with him anymore hence I sent a seperate
PNP myself.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
dnataraj.
did you inform CIC or AINP about status that you are out of US?
I m also planning to leave US.

dnataraj said:
akk said:
dnataraj,

When are you planning to come back? Were you that had an uncle receiving your mail? Isn't anybody here that could tell you if you received mail for CIC?

Akk
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to receive my mail in the US(NJ). I had activated "STOP DELIVERY" of mail at USPS which I have to receive personally when I come back.

I wish all of us get this Canadian immigration soon and say goodbye (or frustrating bye) to US H1B, job uncertainty, visa stamping hassles etc :)..

akk

Sep 2, 2008
What is E-CAS?
I've heard about it, that you can track your own cic application...but I couldn't find anything..

Any help?
Thanks,
Akk

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Thanks!

Are you guys using this CAIPS? Do you think it is worth the money?

Akk

Jay007 said:
You can also see what's there in your immigration file at CIC with the help of CAIPS notes.

you can get general information about CAIPS here

http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml

http://www.caipsretriever.com/faq.htm

http://caips.ca/
People who are curious about their respective cases, It is a good way to get most authentic update on your case. CAIP reports gives you feel what system does with your points on the other side. 60$ fees for premium update great offer!

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Hi,

Has anyone here ever attended those "Immigrate Alberta Information Sessions"?
One session will happen tomorrow in San Francisco, and I am wondering if it is worth for me to go.
I already received my nomination and I already applied for CIC, that's why I am wondering if it will be interesting for me or not.

Akk

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I called BoA and discovered that CIC cashed my certified check last Friday.
So can I assume everything was ok, and that they will not send all my application back for corrections?

Akk

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
When did they receive your applicaion?

akk said:
So can I assume everything was ok, and that they will not send all my application back for corrections?

Akk

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Feb 4th.

Akk

Jay007 said:
When did they receive your applicaion?

akk said:

Akk

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
All:

CIC returned my application forms. They request more evidence that I have been lawfully admitted to USA for a period of at least one year. And they have checkbox and checked for I-94 card as well as I-797 for H1b status.

My H1b was from 9/2008 to 5/2009 -- (this is my 3rd one). I should've included previous I-797 from my previous company that shows from 5/2002 - 5/2008.

Also, the letter said, if I can't provide proof of these documents, I have to submit my application to my home country.

I will provide notarized copies of these and mail tomorrow.

It's been exactly a week since I sent and got it returned. So, if anyone sent and haven't heard anything from more than 1 week, assume it's okay.

Good luck to all.