+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - family ties in Alberta

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They have reduced allocation to 177 with 104 already issued - God knows to who - so there are no draws so far and seems like no chance in this life.
There are no draws partially because there are not a lot of jobs available especially in certain fields so it doesn’t make sense to offer draws if there are no employment needs.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
There are no draws partially because there are not a lot of jobs available especially in certain fields so it doesn’t make sense to offer draws if there are no employment needs.
Still they are giving PR to hundreds of thousands of people every years, and the number is only growing.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
They have reduced allocation to 177 with 104 already issued - God knows to who - so there are no draws so far and seems like no chance in this life.
This year’s draws have mainly been healthcare. I wonder if they will ever do a family connection + occupation in demand before the year ends!

Reactions: canuck78

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
This year’s draws have mainly been healthcare. I wonder if they will ever do a family connection + occupation in demand before the year ends!
according to their official website, they have issued 106 under family connection for this year, while total numbers are 177. Nobody knows when that draw happened and who got those 106 nominations.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Whatever they are targetting but we are the sufferers given the age we are at and left out of touch with family in Canada. Its not like going to any other country, I have all of my family in Canada so its kind of like trying to go back to home in a way.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
according to their official website, they have issued 106 under family connection for this year, while total numbers are 177. Nobody knows when that draw happened and who got those 106 nominations.
Could be from draws last year, which were processed this year. There has been no express entry draw for family connection this year as per their website.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
That’s my believe. Unless they did draws this year and did not publish - which I doubt
What about the accelerated tech pathway? if someone is outside Canada, currently unemployed, but has a job offer from NAICS employer, will there be a chance and would unemployment create any problem?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would think they would target those skills with family connection. But nothing so far this year
Why would they do that? They used to allow sponsorship of family and it wasn’t beneficial to Canada in many cases. People have to realize that Canada does economic immigration to benefit Canada.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Why would they do that? They used to allow sponsorship of family and it wasn’t beneficial to Canada in many cases. People have to realize that Canada does economic immigration to benefit Canada.
You made him disappear. Sometimes I feel like you're a representative of IRCC.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
The whole process has been overhauled…we will find out on September 30th what the new process entails. Fingers crossed