+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)***

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)**

Relax man, the extra-large bold font is pretty darn annoying.

As for your question, Alberta is on this planet the last time I checked and I am pretty sure the folks processing our apps know. No point stressing about things you cannot control.

Cheers,

engg said:
Does anyone on this planet know that if they are processing applications by file number or date received ??

A

Albertagoverner

engg said:
Does anyone on this planet know that if they are processing applications by file number or date received ??
They are trying to be more oraganized. They are finishing Dec Backlog.

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
If you are on the 2nd stage (have received your file number), They, Alberta Officers, will count on your file number generated.
So according to me, you should start estimating when you should receive the nomination.
They said the process will take up to 4 months. (That's max time) They may finish less than 4 months!!!
Recall, the date of nomination issued is different with the date of nomination received.
Keep praying...

engg said:

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Interesting Read!

http://www.cicnews.com/2009/05/h1b-fasttrack-canadian-immigration-category-05716.html

F

feras80

same as FSW category ( list of 38)
anyway, we have already submitted our applications. No worries.

engg said:
Interesting Read!

http://www.cicnews.com/2009/05/h1b-fasttrack-canadian-immigration-category-05716.html

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
I think coming months will be technically for guys/gals who's application was received in the month Jan.

Only if they are processing by the date they received the application.If it is random which it should not be then nothing can be said.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/3/738426/-Durbin-Grassley-introduce-bill-to-limit-H1B-visas

The bill, introduced by Senators Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), would change many of the rules companies must follow to obtain temporary work visas, known as H-1Bs and L-1s. The most controversial new rule would bar companies with more than 50 U.S. employees from getting any additional work visas if more than 50% of their U.S. workforce is made up of H-1B or L-1 visa holders.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
engg said:
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/3/738426/-Durbin-Grassley-introduce-bill-to-limit-H1B-visas

The bill, introduced by Senators Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), would change many of the rules companies must follow to obtain temporary work visas, known as H-1Bs and L-1s. The most controversial new rule would bar companies with more than 50 U.S. employees from getting any additional work visas if more than 50% of their U.S. workforce is made up of H-1B or L-1 visa holders.
It would also require EB type Labor certification for H1b'S ALSO. So, lawyers will charge $6000(they have to advertise positions in news papers/websites and keep track of all applications received from citizens, etc, etc) and the process would take 2-3 months(job needs to be posted in newspapers and websites for atleast 1 month and then effort should be made to recruit citizens before giving any consideration to H1B guy).

Do you know a decent company which will wait for 3 moths for joining??? Hiring Managers need people NOW.

Due to all above hassles no good company will hire H1B until unless you are a exceptional person with exceptional abilities (PhD with lot of publications with a very specific background)

Anyways this bill is not a law yet, but I am sure it will be soon passed due to economic and all Americans only rhetoric. Senators who oppose such bill will have bad chances in 2010 congressional elections.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
In this economy anything is possible.Even I think it is away from reality but you never know :D

Mike053 said:
engg said:

It would also require EB type Labor certification for H1b'S ALSO. So, lawyers will charge $6000(they have to advertise positions in news papers/websites and keep track of all applications received from citizens, etc, etc) and the process would take 2-3 months(job needs to be posted in newspapers and websites for atleast 1 month and then effort should be made to recruit citizens before giving any consideration to H1B guy).

Do you know a decent company which will wait for 3 moths for joining??? Hiring Managers need people NOW.

Due to all above hassles no good company will hire H1B until unless you are a exceptional person with exceptional abilities (PhD with lot of publications with a very specific background)

Anyways this bill is not a law yet, but I am sure it will be soon passed due to economic and all Americans only rhetoric. Senators who oppose such bill will have bad chances in 2010 congressional elections.

Ami_Shah

Mar 4, 2009
Has any one received file number recently? My application reached on 2nd feb under new process (without pre assessment) there is bsolutely no news except in April they requested for additional document. I have no idea whats happening and what should be done.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Re: AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)**

Ami_Shah said:
Has any one received file number recently? My application reached on 2nd feb under new process (without pre assessment) there is bsolutely no news except in April they requested for additional document. I have no idea whats happening and what should be done.
According to the current timeline you should have file number by this time. Check your spam emails. I have noticed many of them found emails in there spam folders. If you still do not have, you can wait till end of tomorrow and then Call/Email them.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/processingtimes.html

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....

That means Up to eight months !!

vsrao said:
Ami_Shah said:
According to the current timeline you should have file number by this time. Check your spam emails. I have noticed many of them found emails in there spam folders. If you still do not have, you can wait till end of tomorrow and then Call/Email them.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....

They have added a small clause::

Note: Applicants under the U.S. Visa Holder Category who have an Alberta job offer in their field at the time of application to the AINP will receive priority processing.

engg said:
That means Up to eight months !!

vsrao said:
Ami_Shah said:

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
They want H1-B visa to be valid until nomination.
They say they would give priority to people with AB job offer.
Companies in AB won't even respond to resumes when you don't have the PR.
Then there is the APPEGGA thingy (not for you techies)

funny!!!

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Yes it is indeed funny!!

nomad_musafir said:
They want H1-B visa to be valid until nomination.
They say they would give priority to people with AB job offer.
Companies in AB won't even respond to resumes when you don't have the PR.
Then there is the APPEGGA thingy (not for you techies)

funny!!!