+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

akk

Sep 2, 2008
>Folks, Suggest me whether asking more docs/information is good sign or not???

It is good, it means they are working in your process, the sooner or send it the better.
In my case they asked me to send the 797 and I sent it, weeks later I received my nomination....

Akk

pokha69 said:
Hello dudes,

Alberta contacted me today to get a reference letter from my current employer although I have submitted once earlier. I am new Jan 2009 applicant. I sent my docs on 10th Jan, 09. They are requesting me either my contract papers, reference letter, or H1B docs sent by my employer for my H1B petention to USCIS.

My employer (HR, Boss) are pain in an ass.. They don't want to cooperate and are not friendly. I had a very hard time requesting my reference earlier. And now Alberta wants more on it. Any way, the communication from Alberta sounds positive to me.

Folks, Suggest me whether asking more docs/information is good sign or not???
I will be updating or sharing more if I hear any thing from Alberta....

kim123456

Feb 10, 2009
Hi Guys,

First of all, Thank you very much to start this thread.

My AINP application was received by Canadian Immigration on 02/19/2009.
I am still waiting to get reply back from them.

Question- How will they inform me about approval?
Through Email or Through Physician Mail?

Your answer will be appreciated.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
pokha69 said:
Hello dudes,

Alberta contacted me today to get a reference letter from my current employer although I have submitted once earlier. I am new Jan 2009 applicant. I sent my docs on 10th Jan, 09. They are requesting me either my contract papers, reference letter, or H1B docs sent by my employer for my H1B petention to USCIS.

My employer (HR, Boss) are pain in an ass.. They don't want to cooperate and are not friendly. I had a very hard time requesting my reference earlier. And now Alberta wants more on it. Any way, the communication from Alberta sounds positive to me.

Pokha,
Did you apply under new or old process?

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Oh Man!!

Actually, I got it notarized only at my bank. I have signed on each certificate(degree, diploma, passport)/document in front of them and then the bank executive (notary) put notary seal on each document with her signatures.

I was already with all the documents and almost ready to send the docs to AINP. Please suggest, whether I should send as it is or get it certified from UPS Store or Fedex store???

divagirl said:
My bank gave me a sheet in which I entered the name of the doc and the notary at the bank signed and stamped her seal. I know of a friend who tried the same at a different location but her bank refused to notarize, she went to a lawyer/notary and he too refused. She finally went to the UPS store and paid $1/doc and got it notarized.

balaji_ny said:
monteiromarcosb said:
balaji_ny said:
Hi Guys,

Someone asked below question and there were 2 replies for that question.... Thanks for persons who answerd..
As they mentioned, I went to my Bank to get notorized for certified copy..(degree, diploma, passport).. But the Notary said they wont compare with any origianl and do cerify copy and they will do only notorized that the person signed in front me something like that.. oc
I dont know who will do certitied copy in IL states.. I am in chicago... If anyone knows, please reply..

Posted by someone else:-
I have a question since you already submitted your documents. In the instruction, it says

"A certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training."

Did you submit certified copy of all your Certificates or only photocopy would be enough?

Advance thanks for any answers.

Go to the Fedex store. They'll do it for you.

Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Wasi, as you told, if we need to sign on document in front of them, are you going to certify our all passport, degree and diplomo copies ?
I think notorized and cerified copy both are different.. certified copy means I think they need to compare our original documents with copies then they have to certifiy..
Kale, how did you do? .. Divagirl, what about you.. pls post reply.. Thanks...

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
albertaorbust said:
pokha69 said:
Hello dudes,

Pokha,
Did you apply under new or old process?

albertaorbust

I applied under new process.. I never received my file no. though I sent my application on Jan 10.

My old application in CIC is still pending since I applied in March 09. I received my AOR for the old process but my job was not listed in 38 occupation.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

What you did is right. I did the same. I was just giving an example of how diff banks do. Please send your appln as it is.

wasi2000 said:
Oh Man!!

Actually, I got it notarized only at my bank. I have signed on each certificate(degree, diploma, passport)/document in front of them and then the bank executive (notary) put notary seal on each document with her signatures.

I was already with all the documents and almost ready to send the docs to AINP. Please suggest, whether I should send as it is or get it certified from UPS Store or Fedex store???

divagirl said:
My bank gave me a sheet in which I entered the name of the doc and the notary at the bank signed and stamped her seal. I know of a friend who tried the same at a different location but her bank refused to notarize, she went to a lawyer/notary and he too refused. She finally went to the UPS store and paid $1/doc and got it notarized.

balaji_ny said:
monteiromarcosb said:
balaji_ny said:
Hi Guys,

Someone asked below question and there were 2 replies for that question.... Thanks for persons who answerd..
As they mentioned, I went to my Bank to get notorized for certified copy..(degree, diploma, passport).. But the Notary said they wont compare with any origianl and do cerify copy and they will do only notorized that the person signed in front me something like that.. oc
I dont know who will do certitied copy in IL states.. I am in chicago... If anyone knows, please reply..

Posted by someone else:-
I have a question since you already submitted your documents. In the instruction, it says

"A certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training."

Did you submit certified copy of all your Certificates or only photocopy would be enough?

Advance thanks for any answers.

Go to the Fedex store. They'll do it for you.

Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Wasi, as you told, if we need to sign on document in front of them, are you going to certify our all passport, degree and diplomo copies ?
I think notorized and cerified copy both are different.. certified copy means I think they need to compare our original documents with copies then they have to certifiy..
Kale, how did you do? .. Divagirl, what about you.. pls post reply.. Thanks...

kim123456

Feb 10, 2009
All or DivaGirl,

In which medium-AINP will reply to me?
Through Email or Through Physical Mail?

Your answer will be appreciated.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
File number:Email
Nomination Certificate:Regular Mail(Physical USPS)

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009

It is good to know that they have started processing appln in the new process.

Did you get this request from AINP by email or thro snail mail?

pokha69 said:
Hello dudes,

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Guys,
I have sent my application on January 19, 2009 and I have not received my file # yet.
I am worried about this.
Please let us know if anybody has received the file # !!!
Besides, Does anybody know what kind of considerations AINP will evaluate on the AINP application?

Thanks
Yo

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009

yofeihong said:
Guys,
I have sent my application on January 19, 2009 and I have not received my file # yet.
I am worried about this.
Please let us know if anybody has received the file # !!!
Besides, Does anybody know what kind of considerations AINP will evaluate on the AINP application?

Thanks
Yo
None of us who applied in Jan have received the file number. There are people who sent in Dec and have not yet received their file numbers. Pls wait patiently. People will post when they get their file numbers.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011

Yes, I second that. Given the popularity of the program and the work load, we need to give them more time. I sent my forms under the new process and it reached AINP last week of December - I haven't received a file number yet. I've been advised (by folks in forum) to wait for some more time before requesting for an update and I will wait.

divagirl said:
None of us who applied in Jan have received the file number. There are people who sent in Dec and have not yet received their file numbers. Pls wait patiently. People will post when they get their file numbers.

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
hey pokha69,
you said that you have submitted a reference letter earlier, but then, they are asking for another reference letter? just want to confirm with you that they asking for exactly the same document twice.

pokha69 said:

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Latest Update on 03-March-2009

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

Processing Times

It may take up to 2 months before you are notified whether or not your application has been accepted for processing. A decision on your application will be made up to 3 months from the time your application was accepted for processing by the AINP.

40-60 days has changed to 3 months now.

Next Session on AINP-H1B will be in Houston, TX

H-1B
Information Session
Thursday, May 7, 2009 Houston Marriott Medical Centre
6580 Fannin Street
Houston, TX
5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.