Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-01-2010
chrism88 said:
Oh my! I never even thought of it but since i went there last february the 19th in a matter of 30 days or so we actually qualify as common law partners dont we? as we have lived consecutively together for a year even if its been at two different residences there has been no gap? Damn i never even thought of it that way. So i should fill in the papers and start getting documentation and then as soon as we qualify send them off? I have also found a local service near me that opens afew hours a week and is a charitable organisation that gives free immigration and visa advice and help so i am thinking of using them to help me if i need any documentation wise.
hey i tried to msg you with a response but your inbox if full lol.. send me a msg when its not anymore!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swede said:
You're eligible to be sponsored as a common-law partner if you've co-habited with a Canadian citizen in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Note that you need to provide ample proof of this.
...or PR. :)

gracelo

Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys,

Happy New Year!
I would like to ask your opinion on my situation.
I'm a married Filipina however my ex-husband left me a few months after the marriage.
Now, I'm in an almost 3-year relationship with a Canadian and he was able to visit me once only because of financial hurdles.
We are looking for ways for me to get there but my status is our problem.

Here are the options we're thinking of:
1. We were advised by a consultancy to apply for conjugal sponsorship but there's a slim chance on that I think (correct me if I'm wrong).
-He is currently out of work and is waiting for employment.
-He doesn't have his own place yet.
2. I have a work offer to UK and once in UK, I'm planning to apply for a visitor's visa. I'm a nurse and is planning to apply for CRNBC in case. If I'll apply for CRNBC, most probably, they'll require me to take the SEC exam so I'll use it as my reason for TRV.
-Can I apply for multiple entry TRV with that reason by the way?
3. An agency in the Philippines offered working visa for nurses to Canada but applying for LMO alone takes time and the agency is asking for a certain sum of money, which we are short of currently.

If I will take the second option, can we get married in Canada and apply for sponsorship there? His friends are saying that we could use the absence of divorce in the Philippines so I could marry him there.

Please help! I really appreciate every input I can get. Thank you! :)