Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
bdh said:
We also had my husband's address disappear yesterday too. We are not sure what this could mean either. Our approval was on November 29th and now we are still waiting to hear something from the V.O either for interview or my husband's PPR :D We hope all of this ends soon. It sounds as though a lot of people have the same issues and concerns with ecas. Is this normal, or does it usually mean a good sign?
the servers are partly down due to maintenance or electronic glitches (systems failure due to power outage, internet outage at source, malware, hacking, etc.etc) occurred. This normally happens. Believers in omens think otherwise.

punjabiboy

Nov 12, 2011
my fathers checks his ecase states .his address is disapeard yesterday .seems good sign ,,,they have done their medical in june.....so its more than six months....

B

bdh

@nester

Thanks, for the information. We realize it could be many factors as to why it appears and disappears. We are certainly not getting our hopes up too much. It is just that so many people that we hear of on these threads has mentioned that when that happens they often get their PPR within a short time. I guess we will just wait and see ;)

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
bdh said:
@ nester

Thanks, for the information. We realize it could be many factors as to why it appears and disappears. We are certainly not getting our hopes up too much. It is just that so many people that we hear of on these threads has mentioned that when that happens they often get their PPR within a short time. I guess we will just wait and see ;)
you're welcome friend.

The fact that this phenomenon comes at random is clear proof that it is a glitch. It happens to one, but not to another, and at varying times at that. One says he got results the following day, another in 1 week, another in 2 weeks..... computer programs do not behave like lottery, except for games programmed to run using random numbers. In fact when your address disappears it should be reason for worry, that your record/file might have been accidentally corrupted. But they are fast to solve such occurrences because they have back-up files, and there are error handlers (programs) to detect and correct such.

Results continue to come because immigration people do not stop processing and releasing results everyday. And no wonder it coincides with those glitches. There are far more people who already received their visas, but never had change of ecas status. There are also those whose addresses come and go for months but nothing positive or negative has happened. The forums will bear that out.

Anyway, it's up to them believers. It gives them some consolation (and false hope).

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
nester said:
you're welcome friend.

The fact that this phenomenon comes at random is clear proof that it is a glitch. It happens to one, but not to another, and at varying times at that. One says he got results the following day, another in 1 week, another in 2 weeks..... computer programs do not behave like lottery, except for games programmed to run using random numbers. In fact when your address disappears it should be reason for worry, that your record/file might have been accidentally corrupted. But they are fast to solve such occurrences because they have back-up files, and there are error handlers (programs) to detect and correct such.

Results continue to come because immigration people do not stop processing and releasing results everyday. And no wonder it coincides with those glitches. There are far more people who already received their visas, but never had change of ecas status. There are also those whose addresses come and go for months but nothing positive or negative has happened. The forums will bear that out.

Anyway, it's up to them believers. It gives them some consolation (and false hope).

I strongly disagree with this.

The address disappearance has definitely something to do with some update on your file. It has nothing to do with file corruption. Well this immigration web site with crucial information from various applicants...not possible to corrupt that easily..they have high profile IT guys working on it every day.

now as far as update is concerned, not necessarily it has to be PPR/interview/document request. It could be anything. Any internal update on your file like note by the officer processing your case. You must have heard something about "BFD" - Bring Forward Date. So after reviewing your file, the officer makes some note on that and forwards it to another date based on requirements. It could be the note for background check on your file, which won't be updated on Ecas as it is done internally.

like in our case, i emailed my VO about change in the employment. After a week my wife's address disappeared and the very next day I got an Email from my VO mentioning that they have updated my information on file and it has also been forwarded to concerned officer. a very next day after this email, my address reappeared. I also know many of people on this forum who got some update after address got vanished.
people who din't get external update might have some internal update which we never know. they are as per their own system.

I had a friend who ordered CAIPS note due to some delay on his case. Surprisingly what he found was - there were some notes by VO at regular interval on his file. When he matched those dates with the dates when his address disappeared he discovered that everytime there was a note on his file, within 1-2 days his address disappeared.
So definitely it is not a co-incidence or "corruption'

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
On the other hand, it is not necessary that your address will definitely disappear when they are making some update on your file.

So it might be possible that a person's address never gets vanished up to the last stage of process and he/she gets visa.

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
kuku said:
I strongly disagree with this.

The address disappearance has definitely something to do with some update on your file. It has nothing to do with file corruption. Well this immigration web site with crucial information from various applicants...not possible to corrupt that easily..they have high profile IT guys working on it every day.

now as far as update is concerned, not necessarily it has to be PPR/interview/document request. It could be anything. Any internal update on your file like note by the officer processing your case. You must have heard something about "BFD" - Bring Forward Date. So after reviewing your file, the officer makes some note on that and forwards it to another date based on requirements. It could be the note for background check on your file, which won't be updated on Ecas as it is done internally.

like in our case, i emailed my VO about change in the employment. After a week my wife's address disappeared and the very next day I got an Email from my VO mentioning that they have updated my information on file and it has also been forwarded to concerned officer. a very next day after this email, my address reappeared. I also know many of people on this forum who got some update after address got vanished.
people who din't get external update might have some internal update which we never know. they are as per their own system.

I had a friend who ordered CAIPS note due to some delay on his case. Surprisingly what he found was - there were some notes by VO at regular interval on his file. When he matched those dates with the dates when his address disappeared he discovered that everytime there was a note on his file, within 1-2 days his address disappeared.
So definitely it is not a co-incidence or "corruption'
That's up to you, no need to quarrel about that. I will not go as far as arguing with you about computer and data security, and why microsoft and all other platforms are too busy live-updating their virus/malware files. And the FBI, whitehouse, etc....they were no exception to computer hacks. It's a booming business!!!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
I don't think he's fighting, he's just trying to say his piece.

Easy guys, we are all entitled to our opinion/s.

Smile y' all, it's Christmas!!!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
No fighting buddy !!!
this was what I was told by some one and from my own experience.. and I posted here to ease the stress of this wait game..there is no intention to misguide anyone ..I am not getting anything by doing that...No hard feelings please.

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
kuku said:
On the other hand, it is not necessary that your address will definitely disappear when they are making some update on your file.

So it might be possible that a person's address never gets vanished up to the last stage of process and he/she gets visa.
you have just contradicted your own belief my friend. If it is not good for everybody, then it is not a system feature.

Wish you the best for the holidays.

jun14

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/june/11