+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after PPR

faiza21

May 20, 2024
I would like to request help and Guidance please . I got my PPR just in time when I was getting married. Now i have 30 days to submit my passeport i have Al ready informed IRCC about my marriage it has been now one week no response
MyMarital status has changed. And i have three questions :
1- what if they didn’t reply within the next days before the deadline of submitting the passeport
2- what if i submitted my passport and got the copr ?! The process gonna be cancelled ?!
3- if i have to restart my application i will be back to the same process invitation /Aor or am just gonna restart my application ?!
Could you please guide me on what should I do? And I would want my husband to get the PR as well so we both can go.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yes, the IRCC process of adding spouses after PPR is slow and tedious.

Did you call the local embassy and ask for assistance? Usually, they are your CVO and should assist you.

Please try asking in the LegalFalcon thread in this forum. And try talking to an RCIC also. There are many threads in this forum you can search and research.

I understand that submitting your passport and getting your COPR within 30 days is fine. But you should not travel to Canada even if your COPR is expiring, you will be asked at the airport if your martial status has changed. When you say yes the officer will cancel your COPR and send you back to your home country. If you lie you can never sponsor your spouse for life.

So all you can do is wait for IRCC to come back to you, they will take time and then ask for your spouse's documents, fingers crossed that if your spouse's background check closes fast,, your combined COPR might come in a couple of weeks, or it might take months. Good luck

Reactions: faiza21

faiza21

May 20, 2024
Yes, the IRCC process of adding spouses after PPR is slow and tedious.

Did you call the local embassy and ask for assistance? Usually, they are your CVO and should assist you.

Please try asking in the LegalFalcon thread in this forum. And try talking to an RCIC also. There are many threads in this forum you can search and research.

I understand that submitting your passport and getting your COPR within 30 days is fine. But you should not travel to Canada even if your COPR is expiring, you will be asked at the airport if your martial status has changed. When you say yes the officer will cancel your COPR and send you back to your home country. If you lie you can never sponsor your spouse for life.

So all you can do is wait for IRCC to come back to you, they will take time and then ask for your spouse's documents, fingers crossed that if your spouse's background check closes fast,, your combined COPR might come in a couple of weeks, or it might take months. Good luck
Thanks a mot for your answer
So there is no way that my copr will be cancelled and i have to restart from the scratch my application ?!
And in case they didn’t reply me within these 30 days its okay to submit my passeport and get the copr the more important is not to land?!

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You don't restart your application, they will just ask for your spouse's documents now, and all the others of yours will remain as it is.

You don't have a COPR yet, right?
Yes assuming you submit and get a COPR now, before they process your spouse's application your COPR will be canceled.

As I mentioned please reach out to your local Canadian embassy, they are the best suited to assist you.

faiza21

May 20, 2024
No, i still did
You don't restart your application, they will just ask for your spouse's documents now, and all the others of yours will remain as it is.

You don't have a COPR yet, right?
Yes assuming you submit and get a COPR now, before they process your spouse's application your COPR will be canceled.

As I mentioned please reach out to your local Canadian embassy, they are the best suited to assist you.
No i still didnt get my copr i heard that if i got then all will be cancelled
You tell me now that there is no problem to get the COPR the more important is not to land and if my copr get expired ?!

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Please reach out to your local embassy and do as they advice

Last edited:

faiza21

May 20, 2024
I already called them but they have no online services all is treated in the website of canada i still i dont know what to do :(

faiza21

May 20, 2024
You are saying "treated in the website of Canada" - did the IRCC agent instructed you to submit a webform?
first of all thanks for your reply
No, nobody has contacted me since the mail of PPR, I sent a webfrom telling them that i got married on 17/06 and i still didnt get get any reply
the problem that i dont know what is the next step

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
What option did you choose in the Webform, I assume you chose the option to add additional documents and uploaded your marriage certificate or some other temporary proof you have about your wedding.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
If you have just asked a question to IRCC in the web form, it usually takes too long (weeks sometimes a month) before even reading it and many more months to respond, in your case, you are adding additional documentation for your spouse usually they add these to the file. Please do that if you have not done that already.

Also in your country, do you have a 3rd party service provider who collects your passport for COPR? Have you discussed with them if you can submit?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
the important matter that i dont know if i submit my passeport to get my COPR or not
and what is the consequences of both cases ?
You talked to IRCC, right? What did they say? Did they say you'll receive any communication from them? You are being very unclear on what was the outcome of the call. You can submit a webform on your own. Adding a spouse after PPR or after CoPR is pretty common. Not sure why you are panicking so much.