+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the medical test

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
Siouxie said:
I was an inland applicant, my dependant son an outland applicant.

He received his medical request directly from London CIC and was not required to submit it in advance.

:)
I am confused too.

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Well for what it's worth..

In our case, I am sponsoring my wife who is from England, and has 4 children from a previous relationship. Her oldest daughter is 16 and living with her grandparents in England while she studies for her GCSE's. Her youngest daughter is 5 and moved to Canada along with her mom to live with me. Her two boys, 8 and 14 are living with their dad and stepmom in England. Our plan was to sponsor the two girls, but leave the door open to sponsor the two boys just in case anything happens.

We were stressing out about the medicals for the longest time, mainly due to the cost of them getting done all at once, especially since getting the two boys and the older daughter's medicals done in UK would have cost about 550 pounds or around $800, and along with the cost of the sponsorship fees, permanent residence application and the other two medicals getting done we just didn't have the money for it at the time, but at the same time we felt that we really needed to get our application in because my wife's TRV had already long since expired and we were nervous about that as well as how we were going to make ends meet, and also what would happen if my wife or her youngest daughter had to go to the hospital.

My wife called CIC in the summer and asked them how to proceed as the online guides didn't tell us much at all, and the agent on the telephone told her to get her medical done (the principal applicant) prior to submitting the application, and to declare all dependant children whether they are accompanying or not. She was told that we would receive a letter from CIC once our application was approved in principle asking for medicals for her dependants.

This seems to be the normal procedure based on reading the INLANDERS! thread... Your application goes to CPC Vegreville first, where it sits and waits until they are ready for it, at which point they open it and assess first the sponsorship, then the PR application. They must approve the sponsorship first which is why you have the option for the refund if they deny your sponsorship. Once the application for sponsorship is approved they look at your permanent residence application. It's at this point they seem to request the medicals.

Remember those of us sending our applications in to CPC Vegreville... our applications are not even going to be touched by a human for 9-10 months. If they then have to assess the sponsorship, that adds another period of time. If you were to submit all your medical exams in along with the initial application, there is a good chance they will expire before anyone has a chance to assess them. And 9-10 months is a lot of time for someone's medical conditions to change, so if there is anything at all they find on there they have every right to ask for a more up-to-date assessment.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
arron said:
Sorry I'm a little confused still... Do you mean you applied for permanent residence inland, but your dependant son was non-accompanying? Or did he have a seperate application for permanent residence?
I applied for permanant resident (spouse) as an Inland applicant and was processed through Vegreville. My son was under 22 and my accompanying dependant. He lived in England and therefore his application was processed by London (classified as outland).

Better?

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
Siouxie said:
I applied for permanant resident (spouse) as an Inland applicant and was processed through Vegreville. My son was under 22 and my accompanying dependant. He lived in England and therefore his application was processed by London (classified as outland).

Better?

better? no...sorry....it added more to the confusion. Are you talking about one Inland application or about two separate applications, one inland (yours) and one outland (your son)? If your son was included in your inland application as your dependent then your son's application can NOT be processed in London separately.

Thanks anyway

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I applied inland in 2009 as a sponsered spouse I did not add my dependants which are living in England and do not want to move here , I recieved AIP in June last year , My childrens medicals were requested in August this year (outland) as they are in England . My IO advised me , 'if you cannot get you children to do the medical there are ways around it , My oldest Daughter recieved a letter from London UK to make arrangements for the medical and if no medical has been done in 40 days their application will be classed as abondened and I will NOT be able to sponser them in the future! (THIS was done on the same application .)

Hope this makes more sense !

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
eyeoftheocean said:
I applied inland in 2009 as a sponsered spouse I did not add my dependants which are living in England and do not want to move here , I recieved AIP in June last year , My childrens medicals were requested in August this year (outland) as they are in England . My IO advised me , 'if you cannot get you children to do the medical there are ways around it , My oldest Daughter recieved a letter from London UK to make arrangements for the medical and if no medical has been done in 40 days their application will be classed as abondened and I will NOT be able to sponser them in the future! (THIS was done on the same application .)

Hope this makes more sense !
My final understanding, right now, is as follows:
1) The inland application can be submitted WITH NO NEED to include the medical exam of the dependent children (no need to do it upfront). The medical exam will be requested later and will be added to the file after AIP.
2) Probably, the Embassy, where the dependents live, can deal with and process the medical exam of the dependents; not as a separate application but within the same inland application. The embassy where the dependents live will verify the medical test and feed it to the original Inland file in Vegreville.

Am I correct?

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
KimJuliBC said:
My final understanding, right now, is as follows:
1) The inland application can be submitted WITH NO NEED to include the medical exam of the dependent children. The medical exam with be requested later and will be added to the file after AIP.
2) Probably, the Embassy, where the dependents live, can deal with and process the medical exam of the dependent; but as a separate application but within the same inland application. The embassy where the dependents live will verify the medical test and feed it to the original Inland file in Vegreville.

Am I correct?
YES you are correct , we finally got there ;D good luck :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
rjessome said:
Where are you coming up with this stuff? You are quoting the wrong information. The requirement for the medical of dependent children in an FC spousal case is at the BEGINNING of the process.

From Region Specific Guide for Western Europe
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the DMP will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination. See Appendix C for additional information.

I just pulled this one from the Western Europe Guide so to the OP, you need to check the instructions in your guide. If you cannot obtain it, provide a very detailed explaination to CIC of your attempts to obtain it and ask for more time. They WILL request it again at some point before they make a decision on the file. Hopefully, by that time you will be able to convice your ex to comply. Good luck.
I may ask about the same to you !!! Inlanders who apply with dependants outside of Canada have their dependants medicals done in THAT Country they are living in TOWARDS THE END OF THE PR APPLICATION ! The LONDON EMBASSY contacts the dependant by mail or email to book an appointment with a DMP and if THAT dependant DOES NOT COMPLY their application WILL be classed as abandoned and the SPONSER may NOT sponser the dependant in the future !!! DO YOUR HOME WORK ! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT EASTERN EURPOE ..GET IT !!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eyeoftheocean said:
I may ask about the same to you !!! Inlanders who apply with dependants outside of Canada have their dependants medicals done in THAT Country they are living in TOWARDS THE END OF THE PR APPLICATION ! The LONDON EMBASSY contacts the dependant by mail or email to book an appointment with a DMP and if THAT dependant DOES NOT COMPLY their application WILL be classed as abandoned and the SPONSER may NOT sponser the dependant in the future !!! DO YOUR HOME WORK ! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT EASTERN EURPOE ..GET IT !!!
To KimJuliBC, I apologize because I read your post quickly and did not see that you were an inland applicant. Sorry if this caused you confusion.

However, the Inland checklist says: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.PDF

For the Applicant and his or her dependent children:

Proof of medical examination

However, the Inland Guide also says on page 36:

•A complete mailing address and current phone number for all your dependent children who live outside of Canada must be provided so that our visa office can contact them or their guardian with instructions on the forms to be completed, medical examinations,
security checks and, if applicable, interviews.

Obviously there is some leeway given by this if it is difficult to get the medical done for children not in the cutody of the applicant and living outside of Canada.

The Inland Processing Manual 8 says on page 35: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Medical examinations
Applicants and their dependent children must undergo medical examinations within the 12 months
prior to permanent residence. If the validity of the medical results expires before permanent
residence is confirmed, then medical examinations must be redone. The visa office is responsible
for sending the medical instructions to any dependent children overseas. The sponsor’s spouse or
common-law partner and dependent children are not inadmissible on health grounds owing to
excessive demand on health or social services (A38(2)(a)).

Again, they are giving room to get this done for children abroad at a later date for inland applicants ALTHOUGH they would like to have them at the initial stage.

And to eyeoftheocean, PUH-LEASE. How's that for homework? I've helped hundreds of people on this forum with ACCURATE information. I also admit when I've made mistakes, like this time. But if it made you feel better to sound off on me, go for it. However, as I've corrected you before, you might want to understand as well that there are different processes so stop giving inland advice to outland applicants. YOU might want to do some homework. Good lesson for ALL on this forum, including me.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Actually you corrected me twice one was THE WRONG INFORMATION you were giving out re; inland !! however you are forgiven and maybe you should have read the post before rather than post away lol . WE all try and give information from our own exprerience , some information can be conflicting dpending on which CIC office a person is using . TIME FOR A MODERATOR methinks !!!!

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Honestly, from where I am sitting there is absolutely nothing 'obvious' about any canadian immigration process, inland or outland. The online guides tell you one thing, the OP manuals tell you another thing, call center agents tell you something completely different depending on whom you talk to, and it seems like everyones personal stories and experiences vary. I don't think any of us took a first glance at the application forms and knew exactly what to do, they are worded terribly and leave too much room for interpretation.

So I really would like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge, it all helps very much when trying to come to an understanding, and I think the tone on this forum is one of people who are all going through the same experiences and trying to be genuine and share information with other people who might be having trouble.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
arron said:
Honestly, from where I am sitting there is absolutely nothing 'obvious' about any canadian immigration process, inland or outland. The online guides tell you one thing, the OP manuals tell you another thing, call center agents tell you something completely different depending on whom you talk to, and it seems like everyones personal stories and experiences vary. I don't think any of us took a first glance at the application forms and knew exactly what to do, they are worded terribly and leave too much room for interpretation.

So I really would like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge, it all helps very much when trying to come to an understanding, and I think the tone on this forum is one of people who are all going through the same experiences and trying to be genuine and share information with other people who might be having trouble.
Excellent post arron ..well said ! :)

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
Many thanks for everyone.

I am sorry, my question (post) has created a fight here. But it was a very healthy fight. It did clarify things. Road is clear right now.

Wish you (all) all the best.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Inland you have to have medicals done before application is sent and send in the medical exam receipt. Outland, you wait for CIC to request the medical.

Same medical exam, different times to be sent.
No! That is completely incorrect. You need to send proof of a medical examination WITH your outland application. For inland applicants, it is recommended that you do the medical ahead of time and send the receipt with your application. From the instruction guide for inland applicants (pg. 23 ): "Your spouse or common-law partner and his or her dependent children in Canada must undergo a medical examination. When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing because we do not have to request them at a later date."