Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
ariell said:
No! That is completely incorrect. You need to send proof of a medical examination WITH your outland application. For inland applicants, it is recommended that you do the medical ahead of time and send the receipt with your application. From the instruction guide for inland applicants (pg. 23 ): "Your spouse or common-law partner and his or her dependent children in Canada must undergo a medical examination. When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing because we do not have to request them at a later date."
I did an outland application and i was required to submit my medical with my application. The doctor gives you the paper to include in your application. I am guessing if you don't then they will request it from you.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
KimJuliBC said:
better? no...sorry....it added more to the confusion. Are you talking about one Inland application or about two separate applications, one inland (yours) and one outland (your son)? If your son was included in your inland application as your dependent then your son's application can NOT be processed in London separately.

Thanks anyway
I am sorry, but you are incorrect.

I am talking about ONE application for Permanant Residence where the principal applicant (family class, spousal) is living in Canada and the dependant child is living overseas. If one of the applicants is living overseas then they are processed overseas, not at Vegreville, but it is STILL the same application.

I do know what I am talking about as this is what was done in my application! I was processed inland (Vegreville) and my son processed in London.

Please see: OP24 : Overseas Processing of Family Members of In-Canada Applicants for Permanent Residence
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op24-eng.pdf

7.3. Role and responsibilities of the CPC-V

All in-Canada applications for permanent residence, including any sponsorship applications, are
submitted to the CPC-V.

All applicable processing fees are also submitted to the CPC-V, although, in some instances, the
principal applicant may choose to pay the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) at a later
date, or, in exceptional circumstances, to have family members pay their RPRF through the visa
office.

The application of the principal applicant in Canada cannot be finalized without the results of the
visa office processing of any family members residing abroad.

Therefore, when the principal applicant has listed family members living abroad in their
application, the CPC-V will do the following:

• Forward a paper copy of the original in-Canada application to the visa office by diplomatic
bag; this will include a copy of the principal applicant's application form and any
supplementary family information forms included with the application. A copy of form IMM
5476 “Use of a Representative” will be included when applicable.

• This paper file will be accompanied by a covering memo which must contain the following
information:

♦ the name, date of birth, and client ID number of the principal applicant;

♦ the immigrant class/category of the principal applicant;

♦ the date of receipt/lock-in date of the application;

♦ the status of the principal applicant's application for permanent residence (approved
stage one, statutory requirements met, ready to receive permanent resident status,
missing information, etc.);

♦ the name(s) of accompanying and non-accompanying family member(s);

♦ what processing fees and RPR fees have been paid or exempted.

• Advise the visa office if, at any stage of the in-Canada processing, new information is
received that may be pertinent to visa office processing (e.g., fraudulent documents, ineligible
in-Canada family members, etc.).

• When the principal applicant and any family members in Canada have been granted
permanent residence by the local responsible CIC, this CIC will advise the visa office so it
can issue visas to the accompanying family members abroad who are being processed
concurrently.

7.4. Role and responsibilities of the visa office

When the visa office has received the paper file from the CPC-V for any family members who are
to be assessed abroad for eligibility and admissibility, it will do the following:

• forward an Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008EGEN] to each family
member, with a time limit by which they must respond;

• open the appropriate file for each case;

• if the completed IMM 0008EGEN and required documentation are not received within the
requested time limit (as decided by each visa office, pursuant to local conditions), send a
reminder letter requesting that documentation be provided (by a new date), after which the
file would be closed and, in some circumstances, the applicant in Canada could be refused;

• send a copy of this letter to the principal applicant in Canada and notify the CPC-V; the visa
office may try to contact the principal applicant directly at any time during this process;

• after receipt of the completed application and documentation, assess eligibility, confirm
identity and determine relationship and whether or not they are family members;

initiate medical and background examination (security and criminality);
• inform the CPC-V if any applicants are found to be ineligible;
• inform the CPC-V if any family members are found to be inadmissible;
• inform the CPC-V of the results of medical and background checks, their period of validity
and the visa office file number for both accompanying and non-accompanying family
members so that the CPC-V can finalize the case in Canada

8.3. Dependent children

The principal applicant in Canada must list on their application all dependent children, whether
accompanying or not, and indicate which dependent children are seeking permanent residence.
For the purposes of the in-Canada spouse or common-law partner class, accompanying
dependent children are those listed on the application who are applying for permanent residence
and:

• reside in Canada; or

• reside outside Canada but will join the applicant if permanent resident status is received.

All dependent children must be examined for admissibility requirements (i.e., medical, security
and criminality), whether or not they are accompanying family members.

The principal applicant and dependent children of in-Canada spouse or common-law partner
class applicants are not inadmissible on the grounds of excessive demand on health or social
services. See A38(2)(a).

8.6. Roles and responsibilities in the final approval process

The CPC-Vegreville and the Canada Immigration Centre

The CPC-V holds carriage of the file, receives and processes the application, informs the visa
office of concurrent processing of any dependent children, and is responsible for sending all
letters (procedural fairness, refusal, etc.) to the principal applicant.

Unless the file has been transferred by the CPC-V to a local CIC for the purpose of interviewing a
sponsor and/or principal applicant, responsibility for the file will remain with the CPC-V. However,
should a file be transferred to a CIC, the CIC will then be responsible for processing the
application to completion.

CICs normally do not enter information into FOSS to indicate a file has been transferred to their
office; therefore, visa offices should always approach the CPC-V (CPC-Vegreville-Enquiries)
first, if it is not clear who holds the file.

Visa office

Prior to issuing the permanent resident visa to an accompanying family member, the visa office is
responsible for:

• verifying that medical results and background checks are still valid;
• verifying that all applicants are still dependent children by definition;
• verifying that the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) has been paid, if applicable;
• verifying that the principal applicant in Canada has been granted permanent residence; and
• issuing the permanent resident visas to dependent children living abroad.

If the right of permanent residence fee has not been paid and is applicable to any of the family
members, the visa office may collect the fee. Normally, the fee would be paid by the principal
applicant in Canada in order to facilitate processing; however, the visa office can collect the
RPRF in exceptional circumstances.

I do my research before I post.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehehe

Good research Siouxie.

If you read Siouxie's research carefully, you will see that CPC Vegreville will initiate the outland process for the dependent child when they start processing the application.

So the Principal Applicant does not need to do anything extra.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009