+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A second request for Details of military service imm 5546 when I didn't serve

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Aman. Could you please tell me why mandamus didn’t work? Did you hire a lawyer or you proceeded by yourself? IRCC shouldn’t drag a file for 5 years in the name of background check. What kind of check are they doing which can’t be finished in 5 years!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
i tried mp probably 20 times everytime they sayits in background check noone can intervine in when file is under background check not even prime minister as its done by 3rd party
I believe your situation is clearly different as you say it's been ongoing for five years. I won't even hazard a guess as to what's going on.

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Did you have a military or a police background? If that's the case too many such applicants are stuck in BC/Security and unfortunately no timeline is provided to when ppl should expect an answer on their applications. Mandamus is only option and you did it. It must be very stressful.. Hope for the best outcome

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
i tried mp probably 20 times everytime they sayits in background check noone can intervine in when file is under background check not even prime minister as its done by 3rd party
Its only natural that, now IRCC will be extra cautious while dealing with such cases where the applicant has obvious military connection - specially after the recent incident in Vancouver where a Canadian Citizen was murdered allegedly by someone connected to the military in question. After this incident, nobody will dare to implicate themselves with such applicants, neither Canadian PM, CSiS chief nor the military chief.

What is surprising here is your application is being processed for 5 years, the timeline spans beyond all of these recent incidents. And one also has to wonder that if their application is almost put in a freezer,they have gone to the court and even court told them to keep waiting....why are they still pursuing it?
(though its not digestible - Mandamus is by definition for such applications, where CIC did not process it, specially if the application was in background check for ages and total time passed is multiple times of the average case processing timeline).....

5 years is a long time - and most immigrants will pursue other options - US, UK, Australia, Germany...............Or at the very least discuss their case with a lawyer instead of this forum.

Something doesn't add up here. But anyways, good luck with your pursuit.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Its only natural that, now IRCC will be extra cautious while dealing with such cases where the applicant has obvious military connection - specially after the recent incident in Vancouver where a Canadian Citizen was murdered allegedly by someone connected to the military in question. After this incident, nobody will dare to implicate themselves with such applicants, neither Canadian PM, CSiS chief nor the military chief.

What is surprising here is your application is being processed for 5 years, the timeline spans beyond all of these recent incidents. And one also has to wonder that if their application is almost put in a freezer,they have gone to the court and even court told them to keep waiting....why are they still pursuing it?
(though its not digestible - Mandamus is by definition for such applications, where CIC did not process it, specially if the application was in background check for ages and total time passed is multiple times of the average case processing timeline).....

5 years is a long time - and most immigrants will pursue other options - US, UK, Australia, Germany...............Or at the very least discuss their case with a lawyer instead of this forum.

Something doesn't add up here. But anyways, good luck with your pursuit.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/military-police-applicant-file-stuck-in-background-check-for-pr-v-isitor-visa-5-years.843966/

It may be related to PGP. And compare to spousal/common law/dependent sponsorship, PGP in general takes longer. But agree that 5 years is a long time.

But if PA really have military background and it's difficult to verify in that country, it could take years.

ouss341925

Oct 15, 2024
Hi,@
Mohs@ck i hv the same prblm like .
I'm into the same pool, they request me IMM5546 doc but I never served in Army, even don't know why they asked me this. What am I suppose to do right now, need help plz?

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Hi,@
Mohs@ck i hv the same prblm like .
I'm into the same pool, they request me IMM5546 doc but I never served in Army, even don't know why they asked me this. What am I suppose to do right now, need help plz?
If you have no military background or any connection to military then you respond stating and reconfirming that. You can add a signed IMM5546 stating N/A under each section along with explanation letter confirming the same. PGP applicants recive this request couple times the least. Sometimes with the stress that applicants face from long waiting etc, IRCC emails/requests make you wonder and even doubt yourself with the tone of some of the requests. If you didn't serve in military then you didn't serve in military. Good luck.

Reactions: ouss341925