+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A second request for Details of military service imm 5546 when I didn't serve

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
IRCC always sends this kind of email but do nothing! My husband’s application is stuck for 2.5 years now only in the name of background check. He got such emails 2/3 times by now.
2.5 years?? Send a web form today and tell them that if you didn't hear back from them within 1 week, you'll proceed for ORDER OF MANDAMUS.

You are fully qualified for it, as it is 2.5 years and they are simply dragging their feet. Send them this message in the web form asap and update us when you get response.

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. My husband raised many webforms every time my status was changed and to get information about his application. Sometimes he got responses but most of the times he never got any response. I also tried to get some information about mandamus and got to know that I need to hire a lawyer and it’s expensive. However, I’ll ask him to raise another webform to inform IRCC that we’re gonna do mandamus if we don’t hear anything from them. I’ll keep you all updated hear if we get any response from the IRCC.
Have a great day!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. My husband raised many webforms every time my status was changed and to get information about his application. Sometimes he got responses but most of the times he never got any response. I also tried to get some information about mandamus and got to know that I need to hire a lawyer and it’s expensive. However, I’ll ask him to raise another webform to inform IRCC that we’re gonna do mandamus if we don’t hear anything from them. I’ll keep you all updated hear if we get any response from the IRCC.
Have a great day!
If you haven't tried, contact your MP's office. First ask for info, and then see if they can help because taking so long. They may not be able to help but possibly the inquiry can help dislodge things.

At any rate, can't hurt.

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
I emailed the MP of my place but she simply denied to help me saying that the applicant (my husband) is not in here so she can’t help me. This was so weird to me! If he was here why would I need to request her? I tried in all possible ways but couldn’t do anything about it. I have nothing to do except mandamus or waiting until I get my PR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I emailed the MP of my place but she simply denied to help me saying that the applicant (my husband) is not in here so she can’t help me. This was so weird to me! If he was here why would I need to request her? I tried in all possible ways but couldn’t do anything about it. I have nothing to do except mandamus or waiting until I get my PR.
Try the MP again, nicely. If they give you the run around, then suggest you will contact the immigration critic noting the MP refused to assist. Then contact the immigration critic. Also try minister's office.

Bushra Toma

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Thank you so much for this information. I didn’t know about it. I hope your response will help many in this forum.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much for this information. I didn’t know about it. I hope your response will help many in this forum.
Good luck. Not all MPs are helpful, most are. You're allowed to complain if they're not.

Sometimes there is a miscommunication as well.

Now I warn: most of the time all MP's offices can do is get information from IRCC. But it doesn't hurt, and sometimes (infrequently) they can help more, or an MP's office inquiring just seems to 'dislodge' files that are stuck.

Reactions: YVR123