+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A generic doubt on eligibility review !!

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021
Hi guys,
I have been reading threads and comments stating applicants getting their AOR on January but by the time eligibility review gets completed, it will be close to 6 months or even one year.
What exactly are they reviewing in eligibility for this long, when an applicant submits all necessary or required documents as per ircc requirements.

Last edited:

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi, there are many many threads about eligibility. Just make a search here with key words...

Reactions: EscoBlades

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021
Hi, there are many many threads about eligibility. Just make a search here with key words...
Thank you. I did read through. But my specific query is still boggling my mind. Why do they take nearly one year to complete eligibility review. Once an officer touches an applicant's profile, why doesn't it gets completed that day or at least that week ?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thank you. I did read through. But my specific query is still boggling my mind. Why do they take nearly one year to complete eligibility review. Once an officer touches an applicant's profile, why doesn't it gets completed that day or at least that week ?
Because most VOs have had to work in shifts due to the pandemic. IRCC stated a while back that they had trouble getting equipment to officers to allow them process applications at home. In addition, a lot of file reviews require responses to requests from other agencies (CSIS and CBSA for example). Guess what? Those agencies also got affected by the pandemic.
Everything is slow at present. And that’s not factoring in that the average processing time for a CEC application in 2019 was already 7 months.

rmsk77

Jan 24, 2021
Because most VOs have had to work in shifts due to the pandemic. IRCC stated a while back that they had trouble getting equipment to officers to allow them process applications at home. In addition, a lot of file reviews require responses to requests from other agencies (CSIS and CBSA for example). Guess what? Those agencies also got affected by the pandemic.
Everything is slow at present. And that’s not factoring in that the average processing time for a CEC application in 2019 was already 7 months.
Thank you for explaining.