+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few questions post ITA- seniors please help

Maysy1981

Oct 25, 2015
1. Do we need to include High school info in personal details noting I have an ECA for my bachelors and masters?

2. How do we pick area of interest and does the area affect the CIC officer decision (eg. picking Toronto rather than Calgary are chances better in some areas than others?

3. I traveled to the US to give birth to my daughter, do I have to mention this in the reason for travel? will it be misrepresentation if I dont?

4. When including our university transcripts and certificates, do they have to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs or a Notary public? Or is the ECA we obtained from WES sufficient?

5. Should I put my spouses work experience only in personal details (I am the main applicant) as we will not be able to provide the reference letters as required.

6. I live in Jordan, during 2011-2012 I moved to Canada to work for 9 months. So during those 9 months my place of residence was Canada, how do I include this in my travel history?

So for example:

I moved to Canada on 20th August
On the 20th of September I went to the US and returned to Canada on the 25th of Sept
On the 23rd of November I went to the US and returned to Canada on the 30th of Novemeber

Do I just mention the US trips without putting the dates in between for being in Canada? Do I put the dates I was in Canada (the nine months)?

7. This is a technical question, when I put in dates for personal history and travel, does the system then sort them out according to date because I have entered the data is in a none chronological order.

8. What is the schedule A, should I fill this out?

Thanks for your patience.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Maysy1981 said:
1. Do we need to include High school info in personal details noting I have an ECA for my bachelors and masters?

2. How do we pick area of interest and does the area affect the CIC officer decision (eg. picking Toronto rather than Calgary are chances better in some areas than others?

3. I traveled to the US to give birth to my daughter, do I have to mention this in the reason for travel? will it be misrepresentation if I dont?

4. When including our university transcripts and certificates, do they have to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs or a Notary public? Or is the ECA we obtained from WES sufficient?

5. Should I put my spouses work experience only in personal details (I am the main applicant) as we will not be able to provide the reference letters as required.

6. I live in Jordan, during 2011-2012 I moved to Canada to work for 9 months. So during those 9 months my place of residence was Canada, how do I include this in my travel history?

So for example:

I moved to Canada on 20th August
On the 20th of September I went to the US and returned to Canada on the 25th of Sept
On the 23rd of November I went to the US and returned to Canada on the 30th of Novemeber

Do I just mention the US trips without putting the dates in between for being in Canada? Do I put the dates I was in Canada (the nine months)?

7. This is a technical question, when I put in dates for personal history and travel, does the system then sort them out according to date because I have entered the data is in a none chronological order.

8. What is the schedule A, should I fill this out?

Thanks for your patience.
1. Not Required
2. No, you can select all province or can choose any one in particular of your choice.
3. good to mention the purpose of travel
4. You have to upload degree certificates, if they are in english you can upload them as is, if not then you have to translate them using certified translators.
5. if you are not claiming points of your spouse's work ex in Canada, you can move it into his personal history
6. Someone else should respond to this. These travels would come under travel history but under address history you can mention canada as these are of very short duration. but wait for someone else to comment on this.
7. the system will not sort it. Better way is to put the history in reverse chronological order. May be try deleting all and starting with the most recent.
8. If you answer to any of the statutory questions is 'yes' then fill out schedule A otherwise leave that.