+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7th draw done, ITAs 925 and cut off score 469

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karolis said:
From the picture that I got from the forum quite a few people were rejecting ITA's. Maybe that impacted why they drew less and the score is that high.
Let's assume 30% people in this pool were previous ITA holders; 650 people in the pool in two weeks is still a very fast buildup of the pool. CIC has lot of avenues in their hand to control the intake; this was just one (increasing the score); only CEC holders was another one; manipulating intake number is another one; and obviously allowing a resting time for the pool to build up is another one. CIC statisticians are doing a lot of A/B testing behind the scenes based on this very stochastic phenomenon. This goes in line with what they said that gradually they want to settle in a certain band of scores. They are just trying to see what bands will that be. 380-425+ is a very interesting band of scores for CIC to play in. I feel that 400+ is a very safe score for EE; it is just a matter of time.

It is an excellent maneuver by CIC statisticians; bet they were fed up by the threads on this forum every day predicting the next score.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristelgen said:
I agree! A lot of people in the forum rejected ITA's and there could be hundreds outside this forum who did the same thing. I think this draw is just a correction for those people. Let's stay positive and see what happens on the next draw! ;)
I think its just the adjustment for the people declining invitations for sure, further, they have to maintain a decent score at least in the beginning of the EE, they can't just fall to 250 CRS Points, they have to keep intact the main purpose of the EE i.e. selecting the most eligible candidates, and they only way they can do it is by reducing the number of invitations certain times to make sure that the point drop in not much.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaowl said:
Let's assume 30% people in this pool were previous ITA holders; 650 people in the pool is still a very fast buildup of the pool. CIC has lot of avenues in their hand to control the intake; this was just one; only CEC holders was another one; manipulating intake number is another one; and obviously allowing a resting time for the pool to build up is another one. CIC statisticians are doing a lot of A/B testing behind the scenes based on this very stochastic phenomenon. This goes in line with what they said that gradually they want to settle in a certain band of scores. They are just trying to see what bands will that be. 380-425+ is a very interesting band of scores for CIC to play in.

It is an excellent maneuver by CIC statisticians; bet they were fed up by the threads on this forum every day predicting the next score.
Really, this forum could be their free input from the market and what people and candidates are up to and what are their expectations, its actually a very smart move, and yes even 650 is way too much in just two weeks.

And I think its a general draw and not specific, perhaps we should stop SH*T THINGS like below to stop giving them inputs:

1. "people between 300-350 gather here",
2. "I have XXX CRS scores, when should I expect and ITA",
3. "I think the next draw will be on XX MONTH with CRS points XXX and candidates XX", and specially
4. "My predictions have been true so far, look what I said one million years ago, see its pretty close, just 1200 points difference", and
5. "According to my design model simulating the trend of draws in EE, I predict the following BU#LSH^T and see how the EE system works" !

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbakhan said:
No, its because they picked less number of candidates, had they picked more, points would have certainly dropped !
same thoughts. they drew less that is why the score is higher

rkapoor123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Is there anyone with score more than 469 who has still not received ITA?

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkapoor123 said:
Is there anyone with score more than 469 who has still not received ITA?
I believe it takes up to one day for some to receive ITA, so some people may need to wait a bit.

rkapoor123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
EasyCanadaVisa said:
ME... For a client ofcourse
Thanks keep me posted if and when your client receives anything

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on the brighter side, i guess the next cutoff will be lower. ;D

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Got under fsw.

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
i dont think they are doing this on purpose to play with us. i think this has to do with the number of people they are going to need for these 2 weeks and the system adjusts the score to match the closest possible number of ITA they wanted, and the system calculated the CRS score of 469 with 900+ invitations. so my hunch is that anyone with a score 400 and below may not get an invitation even by june as there are a lot of people applying in droves seeing that they can get 450-500+ scores. there will also be people who will tell their friends about how reachable and quick it is to get an ITA and i think that will affect those with 420 and below dramatically.

lets hope for the best and expect the worst.

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Theo123 said:
i dont think they are doing this on purpose to play with us. i think this has to do with the number of people they are going to need for these 2 weeks and the system adjusts the score to match the closest possible number of ITA they wanted, and the system calculated the CRS score of 469 with 900+ invitations. so my hunch is that there with score 400 and below may not be reached even by june. there are a lot of people joining i guess.
Agreed, <400 score is going to be difficult in the near future. But this is CIC, we cannot say anything for sure. 400+ range sure is very competitive. And CIC gave itself a very wide range of draws 15-25 in 2015. 7 are already gone.

People don't reject your ITAs. Make sure everything is right on the first go itself.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there were 925 people with 469+ scores just in two weeks,god knows how many candidates are sitting at 350 to 450!
I think CIC wants to keep the cut off score in a certain level, it's pretty obvious by the number of ITAs issued in this draw!