+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7th draw done, ITAs 925 and cut off score 469

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmeddeeb said:
I agree with such statement , it's very strange to decrease no of invitation , however such draw will disappoint many candidates,
No need for disappointment, perhaps the next draw in this month would actually draw lot more candidates, unlike last month's draw, I think they are waiting for more candidates during the month and trying to achieve targeted number of candidates in the end, and they just did this draw to make it happen bi-monthly from now on.

Lets wait two weeks now to see if this is true

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
visaowl said:
Absolutely. Pool built up by 925 people within two weeks, since the last draw. And I would consider that 469 is a very strong score. WES + IELTS coming up for people, and maybe people building score up by making their spouses go through IELTS + WES. Good signs from CIC. EE throws curve ball at every point. Bet no stat model on here even accounted for this.
I agree.

and, I believe there are a lot people who declined ITAs, to correct their mistakes.

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
This is an interesting increase of 16 points! Plus the number of invitations are way to unexpected. We never know what CIC's gonna do next. All we know now is that 22,000 people are actively sitting on the EE pool. :eek:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=961369&tp=930

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
visaowl said:
Absolutely. Pool built up by 925 people within two weeks, since the last draw. And I would consider that 469 is a very strong score. WES + IELTS coming up for people, and maybe people building score up by making their spouses go through IELTS + WES. Good signs from CIC. EE throws curve ball at every point. Bet no stat model on here even accounted for this.
From the picture that I got from the forum quite a few people were rejecting ITA's. Maybe that impacted why they drew less and the score is that high.

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is disgusting ! Shows a much they care about potential immigrants playing around like this . What's the point for this draw ? 925 waste of time ....

I honestly thought with the small number of invites they were testing the system and would increases the places .

Previous comments are correct LMIA is the only bet . 15 to 22 draws that could mean 15 only .

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
With no regularity in timing and size of draws, its quite clear that CIC is manipulating the ITA numbers to make sure cutoff doesn't drop below a certain level (that level CIC keeps it in their mind)
yup. Draws are at irregular intervals, and they have essentially halved the intake size. Either, this signifies a strong pool building up slowly; or maybe the pool weak below a certain point. Strong pool:- Because CIC added 900+ people within the span of two weeks. Weak pool:- If they allowed intake of 1800 people like the last pool; maybe the points may have dipped below 400; and CIC saw it as perilous as you mentioned. Even the first draw score was quite high while second draw score dipped a bit. So all in all; excellent manipulation by CIC.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaowl said:
You are right, I didn't thought that way, its really strange that so many people came up in just two weeks, and you know there were a lot of people who declined their ITAs so count them as well, we just know a few from the FORUM, there might be hundreds !

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karolis said:
My score is 468... Man so close! :D
And why are you so happy about that ! LOL, if I were at your place I would be seriously shocked !!

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
I'm already a pre-EE CEC applicant (post-MR, pre-PPR) and I just received an ITA an hour ago under FSW. My score is exactly 469.
I opened the EE profile as a backup plan and now I'm wondering if I should apply under EE FSW as a Plan B in case my CEC from last year is held up for some reason. Hmmm...

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where's the link for the ministerial instruction? Where is it published first?

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
I agree! A lot of people in the forum rejected ITA's and there could be hundreds outside this forum who did the same thing. I think this draw is just a correction for those people. Let's stay positive and see what happens on the next draw! ;)

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyCanadaVisa said:
No transparency whatsoever on CIC part...
We never questioned their transparency when they dropped the score by 254 points in 5th draw, then why now?

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jickson said:
Where's the link for the ministerial instruction? Where is it published first?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Go for the second one :

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system