+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5669 not validating

ytzmarlon

Nov 4, 2015
Hello friends,

My partner and I got a message that we need to fill out schedule A background form 5669. We cannot validate it. We hit validate, the pop comes up that it was successful but no barcodes appear. I confirmed with the cic hotline number that we do in fact need barcodes.

It is the 2017-01 form. We are using a mac and adobe 11xx and both 15xx. we checked the FAQ from cic and they suggested installing the older adobe.... no results

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
From my understanding for IMM5669 you're only validating a complete form and your signature. In the complete guide it states only IMM1344 and IMM0008 will create barcode pages.

ytzmarlon

Nov 4, 2015
Yes, I understood it like that as well. I called the CIC phone number and the agent put me on hold to check to see if barcodes were required. She told me they were.

When I hit validate, it does change a box to validated "yes" but no barcodes... now I am more confused...

Can anyone else verify if their 5669 showed barcodes?

canadiantica15, I hope you are right!

ytzmarlon

Nov 4, 2015
please note I am talking about the 2017 version not the 2012 version. You can view the date at the bottom left of the form

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
ytzmarlon said:
Hello friends,

My partner and I got a message that we need to fill out schedule A background form 5669. We cannot validate it. We hit validate, the pop comes up that it was successful but no barcodes appear. I confirmed with the cic hotline number that we do in fact need barcodes.

It is the 2017-01 form. We are using a mac and adobe 11xx and both 15xx. we checked the FAQ from cic and they suggested installing the older adobe.... no results

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
Aren't you supposed to be uploading it through MyCIC? I recall reading at one point this form doesn't have barcodes. That was back when people were first being asked for it when the new application kits started getting to Mississauga and being processed.

The people on the phone sometimes give incorrect information. They may have thought you were referring to a different form that does have barcodes or misunderstood the question.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
danawhitaker said:
Aren't you supposed to be uploading it through MyCIC? I recall reading at one point this form doesn't have barcodes. That was back when people were first being asked for it when the new application kits started getting to Mississauga and being processed.

The people on the phone sometimes give incorrect information. They may have thought you were referring to a different form that does have barcodes or misunderstood the question.
Yes, I believe this form has a barcode page. I filled it out just in case CIC required it, before I received DM (Never hurts to be prepared?). It is supposed to be uploaded into MyCIC, but they still need to get the data off the form and into the system (purpose of the barcodes)

Many people (including myself) have had major issues getting barcodes to appear when using a Mac. If you don't have a Windows machine available (friend or library?), you will need to completely delete both Adobe Reader versions, then re-install the 11.X version. Sometimes this works.

ytzmarlon

Nov 4, 2015
Thank you for your info...

Yes, i am uploading it to our cic online portal...

Ive tried deleting both versions of adobe and installing the 11x version. still nothing... I did do the automatic update for my mac (Sierra)

it looks like im going to try it at a library...

ill keep you posted, thanks!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
Yes, I believe this form has a barcode page. I filled it out just in case CIC required it, before I received DM (Never hurts to be prepared?). It is supposed to be uploaded into MyCIC, but they still need to get the data off the form and into the system (purpose of the barcodes)

Many people (including myself) have had major issues getting barcodes to appear when using a Mac. If you don't have a Windows machine available (friend or library?), you will need to completely delete both Adobe Reader versions, then re-install the 11.X version. Sometimes this works.
Hmm. I just filled this out and validated it on a Windows 7 machine. No barcodes showed up. It's definitely showing as validated. I was specifically told at one point that there aren't supposed to be barcodes with this. I questioned what the point was in having people fill out a validated form after the application was submitted if they could fill it out before mailing it and include barcodes. That's when I was told the form didn't have barcodes.

Reactions: canadaVisa10

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
danawhitaker said:
Hmm. I just filled this out and validated it on a Windows 7 machine. No barcodes showed up. It's definitely showing as validated. I was specifically told at one point that there aren't supposed to be barcodes with this. I questioned what the point was in having people fill out a validated form after the application was submitted if they could fill it out before mailing it and include barcodes. That's when I was told the form didn't have barcodes.
Hmm, when I get home, I'll look up the one I saved to my laptop. I could have sworn it produces a barcode page...

Anything from CIC yet?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Omegabyte said:
Hmm, when I get home, I'll look up the one I saved to my laptop. I could have sworn it produces a barcode page...

Anything from CIC yet?
Nothing yet. Every e-mail that comes in makes me jump.

I even re-opened the saved one to check, and it didn't generate a page for me. I was thinking maybe it just hadn't displayed properly initially but would show up when I re-opened it. Maybe there's also something wrong with certain versions of Adobe on Windows as well? Ugh.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mac computers have a problem with the Bar code. I printed the form from a mac and the bar code did not appear although it was validated.

ytzmarlon

Nov 4, 2015
Hello friends,

Just to update. I am at the library on a windows machine running MS office. Everything is up to date, and I am still not getting the barcodes.

I have messaged the technical assistance team on the CIC website, I will post what they reply.

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After being validated, the IMM .1344 and IMM 0008 will create barcode pages (see image below). Place these barcode pages on top of your application.

Thats straight from the Guide 5289.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Pepe_Lupardo87 said:
After being validated, the IMM .1344 and IMM 0008 will create barcode pages (see image below). Place these barcode pages on top of your application.

Thats straight from the Guide 5289.
Those are different ones from the form the OP is filling out. This is for the form that is filled out after being able to link to MyCIC and uploaded electronically.

Reactions: canadaVisa10

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
danawhitaker said:
Those are different ones from the form the OP is filling out. This is for the form that is filled out after being able to link to MyCIC and uploaded electronically.
Im well aware of that. Maybe should have quoted the full part of the guide about this.

Some forms have a “Validate” button, specifically the IMM 1344, IMM 0008 and IMM 5669. You should fill out your forms on a computer and validate them to make sure you have answered all questions. This reduces mistakes and helps you submit a form that is complete. When you click on the Validate button, any missing information will be identified by a pop-up error message or a red square aroudn the fields that need to be completed.
After being validated, the IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 will create barcode pages (see image below). Place these barcode pages on top of your application.