+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3152 Registered Nurse category

vinceRN

Nov 16, 2010
thank you for the reply... do you know how much will the total cost if i apply in nova scotia, including the assessment of the educational credentials to WES?

it took 6 months before i received any response from CARNA regarding my application... which means i have to start ASAP with my new application... i'm hoping that my MR will be released in the coming weeks if there will be no problems with my application...

asitoja said:
Hi, we're about on the same situation, I applied in alberta for registration but I was also referred to take the SEC, just recently, I submitted another application, this time to NOVA SCOTIA, coz I heard they are quick in prcessing applications, and yes indeed, after they received my complete docs (my last doc was received dated Nov.12, 2010), my online account states that I should wait for 8 weeks to be notified about the result ( i guess that's quite fast as compared to others, right?) However, they have new policies now which started only last Nov.1, 2010, in which you have to apply for an assessment of your educational credentials to WES instead of directly sending them your TOR, which means of course additional fee, and what makes it worst is the that the assessment fee goes up to $460 from its original $138

In Saskatchewan, one of my friends applied here in NOv. 2009, and it took her 10 months before she received a letter requiring her to update some of her docs to complete her registration, she wasn't required to take SEC nor bridging programs, though.

With regards to employment, I believed things will be lot easier once we become licensed
:)

asitoja

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
01-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-07-10
File Transfer...
06-09-10
Med's Request
25-08-10
Med's Done....
20-09-10, 29-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-10
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-11
LANDED..........
04-19-11
Can$210 for the WES
$460 for CRNNS assessment
+ courier fees

vinceRN said:
thank you for the reply... do you know how much will the total cost if i apply in nova scotia, including the assessment of the educational credentials to WES?

it took 6 months before i received any response from CARNA regarding my application... which means i have to start ASAP with my new application... i'm hoping that my MR will be released in the coming weeks if there will be no problems with my application...

teardrop123

Nov 19, 2010
hello po. bago po ako sa forum. i am a registered nurse and i just want to ask lang po kung anong mga provinces ang hindi na kailangan ng bridging and SEC. My options were nova scotia and saskatchewan pero recently nag increase na ang kanilang assessment fee (460$ and 525$).. alam nyo ba if ok din sa prince edward island or sa new brunswick? kailangan ba ng bridging program or SEC on these provinces?? And may available RN jobs po ba on these provinces? thanks po.

kooks

Jul 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
michaelantiola said:
hi vince, so just to make i clear, even if you have a masters you are to take the SEC in alberta??? i reconsider Alberta before, but i just submitted my papers to Saskatchewan. In my opinion, both provinces even ALberta has huge demands for RNs, Its just that they vary the way they assess applicants for CRNE
@michaelantiola- I applied din with CRNNS, I started my application last two months, I paid only Ca$138 but I think ngchange na ung assessment fee starting Nov 1,2010. I just want to ask if need k pang mgsubmit ng TOR sa WES? thnks.

asitoja

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
01-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-07-10
File Transfer...
06-09-10
Med's Request
25-08-10
Med's Done....
20-09-10, 29-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-10
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-11
LANDED..........
04-19-11
Hi kooks! here's the answer I received when i e-mailed CRNNS about this question:

"These changes came into effect November 1st, 2010. If you applied by submitting the Part I and paying the assessment fee before this date then this is not required for you"

kooks said:
@ michaelantiola- I applied din with CRNNS, I started my application last two months, I paid only Ca$138 but I think ngchange na ung assessment fee starting Nov 1,2010. I just want to ask if need k pang mgsubmit ng TOR sa WES? thnks.

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
vinceRN said:
yup, i have a master's degree... i'm instructed to undergo SEC for OB and psych, considering that i have a training in psych nursing and i handle students on duty at a psych facility.. :D

weird assessment :p

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
asitoja said:
Hi kooks! here's the answer I received when i e-mailed CRNNS about this question:

"These changes came into effect November 1st, 2010. If you applied by submitting the Part I and paying the assessment fee before this date then this is not required for you"

at Kooks-its answered already thanks asitoja

kooks

Jul 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
thanks asitoja and michael! :)
and thank God I don't need to send my TOR to WES, dagdag nmn ung sa mga babayaran.

@vince-told u, sana ngsabay na tayong ngparegister sa CRNNS =(

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
kooks said:
thanks asitoja and michael! :)
and thank God I don't need to send my TOR to WES, dagdag nmn ung sa mga babayaran.

@ vince-told u, sana ngsabay na tayong ngparegister sa CRNNS =(

yan din sabi ko sa sarili ko. buti nalng nag submit na ako ng papers sa Saskatchewan nung 2nd week of Nov. kasi nov 16 lng ng nag increase ng fees ang SK sumabay din ang NS hehe thank God

lola_basyang

Jan 17, 2010
i have a question regarding the CRNBC form

they ask me kasi about level of education primary/elementary, seocndary/highschool, post-secondary education

my conerns are:
1. should i leave the post secondary blank? dito sa pinas diba until highschool tayu then college agad?
2. may column rin na "grade or level completed" ano ba ilagay ko doon? like for elem (grade 6 level) then sa highschool (grade 10 level)??? correct ba?
3. sa form 25 verification of nurse registration sa PRC ba natin ito ipa fill up? ano po methods nito? or sabi nila submit ko raw yun sa any regulatory body. so diba PRC and regulatory body natin sa pinas?

please help. thank you

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
lola_basyang said:
i have a question regarding the CRNBC form

they ask me kasi about level of education primary/elementary, seocndary/highschool, post-secondary education

my conerns are:
1. should i leave the post secondary blank? dito sa pinas diba until highschool tayu then college agad?
2. may column rin na "grade or level completed" ano ba ilagay ko doon? like for elem (grade 6 level) then sa highschool (grade 10 level)??? correct ba?
3. sa form 25 verification of nurse registration sa PRC ba natin ito ipa fill up? ano po methods nito? or sabi nila submit ko raw yun sa any regulatory body. so diba PRC and regulatory body natin sa pinas?

please help. thank you
Hi Lola Basyang...

1. iJust answered the the elem,secondary and college space.
2. sa elem-graduate ilagay mo,highschool-graduate and college-bachelor's degree
3. form 25, prc ang magfifilup nyan...may fee na 1k, yung itaas na part ikaw ang magfifilup pero yung lower half prc..

hope this helps

lloyd

lola_basyang

Jan 17, 2010
lloydnina said:
Hi Lola Basyang...

1. iJust answered the the elem,secondary and college space.
2. sa elem-graduate ilagay mo,highschool-graduate and college-bachelor's degree
3. form 25, prc ang magfifilup nyan...may fee na 1k, yung itaas na part ikaw ang magfifilup pero yung lower half prc..

hope this helps

lloyd

thank you very much, it helped me alot. anyway, so regarding the different form so ang PRC,SCHOOL and EMPLOYER forms. sila na mismo mag send sa documents sa CRNBC?

another query lang po... sa nursing experience portion... nandun year and total number of hours worked in calendar year..

im actually working as a Nurse Educator for the last 3 years. now my questions are as follows:

1. sa form until 2009 lang po ang naka lagay.. san po nakin i add ang year 2010?
2. will my being a CI or nurse educator count as nursing experience? besides i am an RN and still working as teacher and at the same time clinical facilitator.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
lola_basyang said:
thank you very much, it helped me alot. anyway, so regarding the different form so ang PRC,SCHOOL and EMPLOYER forms. sila na mismo mag send sa documents sa CRNBC?
yup..

prc and school form to sent by them..yung employer,usually ikaw pero pag finedex mo dapat address ng emplyer at name ng emplyer ilalagay mo tsaka ipost mo sa malapit na fdex sa work mo...

:)

lola_basyang

Jan 17, 2010
wow.. fast reply. haha thank you talaga.. pero yun other concerns ko po.. may ma answer ka regarding that? im actually looking at the forms now. and wala talaga ako idea pano to.. hehehe i also have to work on my ielts... nag write ako ng letter sa crnbc. .i took IELTS last sept 2009 (general) rin yun. so proly it would be best to take ielts nalang again noh?

matanong lang ano ibig sabihin nito pls.
CRNBC accpts photocopies of any of the following documents as proof of identity: birth cert, passport, canadian immigration visa and record of landing: canadian permanent ressident care, canadian confirmation of permanent residece, marriage cert, governemnt issued change of name cert.. Only one document is required as proof for each name listed.

ano po ibig sabihin niyan? do i have to provide a photocopy of each requirement (applicable) or either one lang po sa mga enumerated ang ipapa dala ko sa crnbc?

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
lola_basyang said:

another query lang po... sa nursing experience portion... nandun year and total number of hours worked in calendar year..

im actually working as a Nurse Educator for the last 3 years. now my questions are as follows:

1. sa form until 2009 lang po ang naka lagay.. san po nakin i add ang year 2010? Sorry, but i can't remeber how i did mine...if you can send me a copy of the form thru email maybe i can recall..ill send my email via PM.
2. will my being a CI or nurse educator count as nursing experience? besides i am an RN and still working as teacher and at the same time clinical facilitator. This i am not really sure but worth a try...just make sure that you will give a very good job description...if you are a ci in a hospital ward, you can get a JD of their nurses there and include it to yours, anyway, you are supervising your students to do such duties..