Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonsai said:
Congratulations CarribRN!! I hope I pass this June. So you only studied Mosby and Lippincott right, as well the as book from CNO?
Wahh so happy for you :p
Khai, canimmigrant and bonsai, thanks guys.

Bonsai,

I used the Mosby and CNA Prep Guide. The Lippincott I only read part of it; actually, even the Mosby I wasn't able to finish reading from cover to cover. I suggest you focus on the Prep Guide. Try to understand their techniques in presenting the questions and familiarize yourself with their rationales. Again, I m saying this because if by any chance you have taken the NCLEX before, you might find some of their rationales very different from it. I actually thought some of it to be weird. :) There are even about ten questions on the reviewers that the test taking strategy of ABC, Maslow's hierarcy of human needs, etc. won't automatically apply when choosing the right answer. Diba sa NCLEX almost automatic na yan ganyan dapat yung pag prioritize mo na pagpili ng sagot. Sa kanila there are instances that it won't apply. Anyways, if you have enough time to review do read the Mosby from cover to cover also. Best of luck! Kayang kaya mo yan! :)

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Raj chandigarh said:
Hello dear fellows

I m planning to CRNE ontario as i m a Bsc nurse. I want to prepare for the test...i m NCLEX passed and have sounders/mosbys material for NCLEX. I know that will not be of much help....how can we get Mosbys CRNE preparatory guide or lippincot etc....do we need to buy it or material is available on-line or is there any site from where we can download it..

thanks in anticipation

kikay081

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.27,2010 PER received Feb.16,2011
AOR Received.
Mar.08,2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Mar.09,2011
Med's Request
Mar.10,2011
Med's Done....
Apr.05,2011
Interview........
waived
CarribRN said:
Just got the result today, I PASSED the CRNE! ;) Thank God for the blessing. ;)

Congratulations CarribRN!!! It's all worth the hardwork! :)

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 "Received at visa office" 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
CarribRN said:
Yes. i'm done with it from early last year and have received my eligibility to take the CRNE since then.
Hi CarribRN,
Congratulations on your success? :Dhow was the exam? Did you have enough time to finish?
I'm in the process of completing my BET, when they asked you for specific examples, how many did you provide and how long was your senarios? Just trying to get it right the first time.

Any help much appreciated
Olga

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olga64 said:
Hi CarribRN,
Congratulations on your success? :Dhow was the exam? Did you have enough time to finish?
I'm in the process of completing my BET, when they asked you for specific examples, how many did you provide and how long was your senarios? Just trying to get it right the first time.

Any help much appreciated
Olga
Hi Olga! Exam was a bit confusing but I would also say it's relatively easy. The questions were really made to assess the knowledge of an entry level nurse.

As for the BET, I provided one specific example for each question. Most of the scenarios I wrote were really long (1 1/2 to 2 pages) because while writing I was trying to hit as many competencies as I can in my story.

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
CarribRN said:
Khai, canimmigrant and bonsai, thanks guys.

Bonsai,

I used the Mosby and CNA Prep Guide. The Lippincott I only read part of it; actually, even the Mosby I wasn't able to finish reading from cover to cover. I suggest you focus on the Prep Guide. Try to understand their techniques in presenting the questions and familiarize yourself with their rationales. Again, I m saying this because if by any chance you have taken the NCLEX before, you might find some of their rationales very different from it. I actually thought some of it to be weird. :) There are even about ten questions on the reviewers that the test taking strategy of ABC, Maslow's hierarcy of human needs, etc. won't automatically apply when choosing the right answer. Diba sa NCLEX almost automatic na yan ganyan dapat yung pag prioritize mo na pagpili ng sagot. Sa kanila there are instances that it won't apply. Anyways, if you have enough time to review do read the Mosby from cover to cover also. Best of luck! Kayang kaya mo yan! :)
CarribRN,

OMG so true. THE CRNE rationale so different from NCLEX thats why when I first used the MOSBY and prep guide I had a hard time answering it haha. They do not use the ABC much or maslow's needs. I've finished both Mosby and Prep Guide but to be honest it only took me 3 days to finish the Prep guide so I guess I need to really study the rationale. I am not thinking of studying nclex books anymore because I also notice CRNE is not so particular about the details unlike NCLEX. They don 't want you to memorize all the signs and symptoms and lab works unlike Nclex.

I am so happy for you CarribRN. To think you are working at the same time. I am so impressed :p. :-*

Raj:

I bought the Mosby for CRNE online (amazon).

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 "Received at visa office" 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
CarribRN said:
As for the BET, I provided one specific example for each question. Most of the scenarios I wrote were really long (1 1/2 to 2 pages) because while writing I was trying to hit as many competencies as I can in my story.
Hi
Thanks that really helps.

Olga

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonsai said:
CarribRN,

OMG so true. THE CRNE rationale so different from NCLEX thats why when I first used the MOSBY and prep guide I had a hard time answering it haha. They do not use the ABC much or maslow's needs. I've finished both Mosby and Prep Guide but to be honest it only took me 3 days to finish the Prep guide so I guess I need to really study the rationale. I am not thinking of studying nclex books anymore because I also notice CRNE is not so particular about the details unlike NCLEX. They don 't want you to memorize all the signs and symptoms and lab works unlike Nclex.

I am so happy for you CarribRN. To think you are working at the same time. I am so impressed :p. :-*

Raj:

I bought the Mosby for CRNE online (amazon).
Thank you,Bonsai! :) I'm pretty sure you can do it too. Btw, do you already have your PR status? Where in Canada are you gonna be staying?

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
CarribRN said:
Thank you,Bonsai! :) I'm pretty sure you can do it too. Btw, do you already have your PR status? Where in Canada are you gonna be staying?
I sent my passport last November 2010 for my visa but until now they haven't returned my passport with visa. There is a big delay with the passport return haha.
I'll be staying in MIssissauga, Ontario with my aunt. My biggest problem at the moment is that I have scheduled the exam on June 1 but what if my visa is still not here on April 15 which is the deadline for changing my exam schedule :'(. I will probably write a letter to CNO regarding my situation and hopefully they understand if I have to change the schedule again.

So what is the next step for you? Looking for work? :p

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonsai said:
I sent my passport last November 2010 for my visa but until now they haven't returned my passport with visa. There is a big delay with the passport return haha.
I'll be staying in MIssissauga, Ontario with my aunt. My biggest problem at the moment is that I have scheduled the exam on June 1 but what if my visa is still not here on April 15 which is the deadline for changing my exam schedule :'(. I will probably write a letter to CNO regarding my situation and hopefully they understand if I have to change the schedule again.

So what is the next step for you? Looking for work? :p
Since November??? That's such a long delay. They shouldn't be holding somebody's passport that long. Anyways, I hope you get it soon. Give it until April 14, if it still won't be available till then I reckon that's the time for you to ring the CNO.

Missasauga is a nice place. That's where we are planning to settle as well. Be moving to Canada permanently next year April. For the time being I am still trying to save up as much as I can here in Cayman. Truth be told, nurses earns better here as compared to Canada, but that is something we are willing to give up taking into consideration the other benefits that we will be getting in Canada as a permanent resident and eventually as a citizen. Canada is a welfare country so it's all good in the end. ;)

Another thing, when I move to Canada, I won't be in a hurry to find a serious job as I am still planning to travel and probably go on vacation in the Philippines for at least 4months by november 2012. So it would be useless for me to find a permanent employer and then leave after a few months. And you might find it absurd but i don't want to go back to nursing right away. I am telling my friend I want to work as a waiter probably for at least 3 months just to get away from nursing and they were all laughing but it is true nursing can really burn you out, right? :)

FARPADANA

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Med's Request
10/05/2010-24/08/2010
Med's Done....
15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
:-[
I sent my application for registeration in general classess ( primary assessment)to CNO last November, still didnt recieve my assessment results, gave a call to CNO call service center was told they have sent me the assessment results february 4th, I been checking my mail box every day. though with the same address I got my wife assessment results in time. I am going to request another letter to be issued.

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FARPADANA said:
:-[
I sent my application for registeration in general classess ( primary assessment)to CNO last November, still didnt recieve my assessment results, gave a call to CNO call service center was told they have sent me the assessment results february 4th, I been checking my mail box every day. though with the same address I got my wife assessment results in time. I am going to request another letter to be issued.
hey if you phone them and request them to send letter by coureir ie dhl/ fedex they will send you by dhl but will charge you some $ for this service ...

khai

Aug 6, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
08-12-2010/17-03-2011
IELTS Request
GT IELTS request: January 21, 2011
File Transfer...
13-04-2011
Med's Request
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
24-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
CarribRN said:
Since November??? That's such a long delay. They shouldn't be holding somebody's passport that long. Anyways, I hope you get it soon. Give it until April 14, if it still won't be available till then I reckon that's the time for you to ring the CNO.

Missasauga is a nice place. That's where we are planning to settle as well. Be moving to Canada permanently next year April. For the time being I am still trying to save up as much as I can here in Cayman. Truth be told, nurses earns better here as compared to Canada, but that is something we are willing to give up taking into consideration the other benefits that we will be getting in Canada as a permanent resident and eventually as a citizen. Canada is a welfare country so it's all good in the end. ;)

Another thing, when I move to Canada, I won't be in a hurry to find a serious job as I am still planning to travel and probably go on vacation in the Philippines for at least 4months by november 2012. So it would be useless for me to find a permanent employer and then leave after a few months. And you might find it absurd but i don't want to go back to nursing right away. I am telling my friend I want to work as a waiter probably for at least 3 months just to get away from nursing and they were all laughing but it is true nursing can really burn you out, right? :)
couldn't agree more.. :D

FARPADANA

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Med's Request
10/05/2010-24/08/2010
Med's Done....
15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
sultanali said:
hey if you phone them and request them to send letter by coureir ie dhl/ fedex they will send you by dhl but will charge you some $ for this service ...
I will
tnx for the advise

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
CarribRN said:

I emailed Canadian embassy here in Manila already and they said they are finalizing things and won't be able to tell me when my passport will be returned. There is a thread here regarding that and I think more than 50 people are on the same boat like me. :'(

I've been back home for 4 months already and 2 more months, this is my long vacation already haha. So when I go to Canada I'll have to find work or else... my savings will be gone after a year. Nursing can really burn you out so if you need a vacation go for it :p I am also pretty sure the salary from Canada will be much lower from Cayman but like you I am willing to go there because of the benefits in the long run.

I'll see you around :p