+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi everyone,
I just received eligibility letter by email. PDF attached to the email. But on email it says:

The overseas office is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your
family members outside Canada and will determine if they meet the eligibility requirements.You have
listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:
My partners application number, name and dob

But my partner in Canada. Is it normal?

Reactions: himankkohli6

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
Hi everyone,
I just received eligibility letter by email. PDF attached to the email. But on email it says:

The overseas office is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your
family members outside Canada and will determine if they meet the eligibility requirements.You have

Hello,

If your partner they're under your application already, I mean you applied for them, also what's your timeline please?

Thank you

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello,

If your partner they're under your application already, I mean you applied for them, also what's your timeline please?

Thank you
My partner and me received pre arrivals. We called ırcc and both passed eligibility. Today I received the eligibility but it says like this. I hope it’s fine. My partner with me and we applied for pr together in Canada.

Submitted: May 30th, 2023
AOR: November, 2023
Pre arrival: August, 2024
Eligibility: September, 2024

Jaberabed26

Jul 9, 2024
My partner and me received pre arrivals. We called ırcc and both passed eligibility. Today I received the eligibility but it says like this. I hope it’s fine. My partner with me and we applied for pr together in Canada.

Hello,
Maby it's in official latter but the good idea to ask your representative if you have one good luck

Thank you

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi everyone,

Hi @canuck78,
Have you heard this before? Is that normal?

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023

Did you received eligibility by mail or by post

Genius001

Aug 30, 2024
they cannot add spouse to pr application after the fact. should have been included when applying intially.. they will need to do in land spousal sponsorship or she has work permit she can go through that route to get pr and she techinally not refugee dependent especially if she wasn't included or mention in claim... all ircc will be doing is updating martial status not adding her to pr. and also their pr journey is basically over. the pr application has been finalized/approved, they are just waiting to receive copr instruction for portal now.
Well, i called IRCC and they said I can add her now by filling certain forms and paying the PR amount for her and all that. There is no way i could have added her when we literally legally become common law 2 weeks before i got my p1. Any ways, I will follow the instructions and update this forum as the process continues.

Razara

Jul 31, 2024
Hi, we also received the same eligibility letter in July 2024. I’m spouse of protected person (I’m not a protected person) and he included me in his PR application (submitted in April, 2023). In his eligibility letter, it states that I’m a familiy member outside Canada, even though I have been inside Canada since we submitted our pr application. We do have a representative, so they sent a webform to IRCC. Hope everything goes well for both of our cases.

Hi everyone,

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi, we also received the same eligibility letter in July 2024. I’m spouse of protected person (I’m not a protected person) and he included me in his PR application (submitted in April, 2023). In his eligibility letter, it states that I’m a familiy member outside Canada, even though I have been inside Canada since we submitted our pr application. We do have a representative, so they sent a webform to IRCC. Hope everything goes well for both of our cases.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope everything goes well and fast:)

Same, my partner is not convention refugee/protected person. For now he received pre arrival letter. No eligibility letter yet. But we called them and they said he passed the eligibility. For me I received pre arrival and after 2 weeks eligibility. And on the letter it says that about him. I sent a webform immediately. I’ll inform you if there is any update.
Did they reply to you guys about that?