+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

EAT

Sep 5, 2024
Hi All,

anyone from June2023 who has received Pre-arrival letter yet? or anything other that AOR.

wkmptk

Aug 1, 2024
My assylum case just got accepted. How should I proceed with the PR application? Should I hire a representative/lawyer? If I do so would I be able to follow my application with my email ,like would I get updates via email? Or Are there people who just help with filling the forms with out being a representative? Also if you think I should get a representative, how would it benefit me? Any feedback is helpful, thank you
May I ask for your asylums' case timeline please?

wkmptk

Aug 1, 2024
Hi All,

I made the refugee claim, below is the timeline

1. AOC Received: 9 June 2024
2. Medical Request: 9 June 2024
3. Medical Passed: 26 June 2024
4. First Hearing, Docs Seizure and Issued Work Permit: 16 July 2024

I believe I only left with Final Hearing right? Any approximate date for the final hearing? My case was submitted when I was in Alberta. Now, I moved to BC and updated my address accordingly.

SPeace

Aug 14, 2024
Thank you very much for help in advance. I appreciate it.
My sister, not in Canada, is helping me to fill out the PR forms. I am also submitting "Use of Representative Form". Can I put her outside Canada address in the representative form?

SPeace

Aug 14, 2024
Anybody can help me with this. Thank you very much in advance.
My sister, not in Canada, is helping me to fill out the PR forms. I am also submitting "Use of Representative Form". Can I put her outside Canada address in the representative form?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
My assylum case just got accepted. How should I proceed with the PR application? Should I hire a representative/lawyer? If I do so would I be able to follow my application with my email ,like would I get updates via email? Or Are there people who just help with filling the forms with out being a representative? Also if you think I should get a representative, how would it benefit me? Any feedback is helpful, thank you
Apply yourself, you don't need anyone with filing, if you don't know how to fill a form you can ask for help from a friend but no lawyer needed. If you get a lawyer or representative you won't see updates they will have to let you know/ It is really easy just prepare IDs, support documents if needed, a couple forms to fill and a photo. All information on the online website is there and easy to understand.

Reactions: theclaimer

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Anybody can help me with this. Thank you very much in advance.
You can read the instructions on the form itself, it should tell you what to put and who is eligible to be your representative.

Freshmango

May 23, 2024
Hi All,

I made the refugee claim, below is the timeline

1. AOC Received: 9 June 2024
2. Medical Request: 9 June 2024
3. Medical Passed: 26 June 2024
4. First Hearing, Docs Seizure and Issued Work Permit: 16 July 2024

I believe I only left with Final Hearing right? Any approximate date for the final hearing? My case was submitted when I was in Alberta. Now, I moved to BC and updated my address accordingly.

I understand that while your asylum case is pending or ongoing and you don’t have or haven’t being issued a work permit the state has the obligation to provide you with financial assistance and once your permit is granted your financial assistance ends or my assumption is incorrect ?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
I understand that while your asylum case is pending or ongoing and you don’t have or haven’t being issued a work permit the state has the obligation to provide you with financial assistance and once your permit is granted your financial assistance ends or my assumption is incorrect ?
He can apply to social assistance But has to do it. Not is like it Will be granted. Filled the papers and send them. When he got the work permit, can start working oficially. Your social assistance ends when You report that You are working.
They issue work permit fast now . So i don't think it Will be a problem.

wkmptk

Aug 1, 2024
Please use the below link to apply for PR

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-residence-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html

Will you please share the timeline? Which province did you submit your claim? Which country are you from? Thank you.

wkmptk

Aug 1, 2024
I didn't apply for the financial assistance. I have gotten the work permit and waiting for the final hearing date.