+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
I applied in August 10 2023. AOR in Oct 27, 2023.
Sent documents on Nov 2023 and biométrics again.
Because I requested My notes I know elegibility is passed on May 21,2024. But I didn't get notification or pre arrival letter. And that was months ago.
I'm in Alberta. Not Quebec. I moved away from Quebec because I know it takes forever waiting.
did you initially apply in quebec? i did so and moved to BC this year. Did anything change in your processing after you moved?

Reactions: himankkohli6

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
did you initially apply in quebec? i did so and moved to BC this year. Did anything change in your processing after you moved?
I made my claim in Quebec but I stated that I wouldnt remain in the province. I applied to te PR living in Alberta. Not in Quebec.

Reactions: inaya.i

pkrgamer

Jan 4, 2024
ASSESSMENTS Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Not Started
Other Reqs:
Final:

Hope!

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
So I have a unique issue, I applied for PR after my refugee claim was approved and it's taken 24 months to the point where I just got a letter from IRCC saying:

"Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation)."

This is good news but my issue is I have just recently become common law with my fiance, as recently as a month ago, and it says to declare that, which I want to. I just want to know if anyone has gone through this before. How does the process of adding her work (she's inland btw on a work permit) and also how much does this delay the confirmation of my PR (don't care about there being a delay as long as we both get it, I just want a rough estimate)?

I just want to know if anyone has any experience with this and how they navigated this.
You can send a web form stating the change in your marital status. To the best Information I have found is that your partners application will be processed separately. Since you’re close to getting your PR, you should get your PR and add her to your file. The process is separate for both applicants since yours is almost done. Her file will go through all the process. Timeline is different for everyone. Maybe, it will be a different process after your PR (spousal application instead of Refugee dependent).

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hi folk, does anyone understand these confusing notes, what do they mean, this is my last GCMS notes. So, was my case flagged as urgent processing or not?
I didn’t request anything by myself but I contacted the MP office, and I explained my situation to the MP office regarding PR requirements for my job applicantion.
Office: CPC Mississauga

Text: Request for priority processing has been received and has been noted on file. Insufficient proof submitted to support request reason(s). The file remains queued for processing. Please refer to IRCC's website for information on processing times and services available for protected persons.

Last edited:

Melsi

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi folk, does anyone understand these confusing notes, what do they mean, this is my last GCMS notes. So, was my case flagged as urgent processing or not?
I didn’t request anything by myself but I contacted the MP office, and I explained my situation to the MP office regarding PR requirements for my job applicantion.

Text: Request for priority processing has been received and has been noted on file. Insufficient proof submitted to support request reason(s). The file remains queued for processing. Please refer to IRCC's website for information on processing times and services available for protected persons.
Yes it's on priority hope you get good news soon, if you don't mind me asking what documentation you provide to support your request ?

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022

No, it has not been flagged as urgent processing. It's just been noted on file.

I had the same issue but unfortunately since we are within the processing time, nothing can be done.

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023

No, its not on priority, since it says, insufficient proof to support the request. they just acknowledged that they have received the request but the processing times will be queued as normal.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
No, it has not been flagged as urgent processing. It's just been noted on file.

I had the same issue but unfortunately since we are within the processing time, nothing can be done.
its not. There was insufficient proof submitted so it is normal processing.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
does anyone know if there is a mailing address for missisauga cpc or montreal one where we can send a letter related to our application? i never hear back after submitting webform so im thinking of sending a letter mail with some information

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
You can send a web form stating the change in your marital status. To the best Information I have found is that your partners application will be processed separately. Since you’re close to getting your PR, you should get your PR and add her to your file. The process is separate for both applicants since yours is almost done. Her file will go through all the process. Timeline is different for everyone. Maybe, it will be a different process after your PR (spousal application instead of Refugee dependent).
they cannot add spouse to pr application after the fact. should have been included when applying intially.. they will need to do in land spousal sponsorship or she has work permit she can go through that route to get pr and she techinally not refugee dependent especially if she wasn't included or mention in claim... all ircc will be doing is updating martial status not adding her to pr. and also their pr journey is basically over. the pr application has been finalized/approved, they are just waiting to receive copr instruction for portal now.

Last edited:

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
Hi
Reducing the waiting time ? For quebec or outside quebec.
i don't think the processing time for protected person pr will be reduced significantly anytime soon. even before covid it was around the 24 month mark with some applications completed under that or more than 2 years .