+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
I ma confused now.. Do I need to link two sperate files to my cic account or just one file for PR..... I just got one email from CIC with application no.

I already link that PR file but i also included OWP in my paper file.

File received: 27 Feb
Yeah we just get the single confirmation. Using the same UCI that you used for linking PR app, u can link your work permit app too..it will appear as a second separate application in ur cic account..use one variable UCI and another maybe ur family name ? And select work permit in application type (where for linking PR app u chose spousal sponsorship)

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I ma confused now.. Do I need to link two sperate files to my cic account or just one file for PR..... I just got one email from CIC with application no.

I already link that PR file but i also included OWP in my paper file.

File received: 27 Feb

USE the same file number to link you OWP, it's under the Visiting,studying,working temporarily , the rest will be the same.

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Thanks folks, I am able to link my OWP file but its showing File received at Feb 22.

Anybody know on which day files they are processing ?

Thanks

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Anyone know what day they're at for processing the OWP?

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018
Hey guys,

I am very confused and wondering if someone can please some feedback.

I applied for my husband's inland sponsorship in mid-March 2018 along with OWP, the application started processing on Apr 18th. We haven't linked our UCI with the case (did not create online profile yet) as our lawyer told us not to.

Its been more than 2 months since my initial submission and we are still waiting for OWP to arrive. I am just wondering is there anyone here in this group that also applied during similar times and have received their OWP? Also what is the processing time for OWP? On their website it states 5 weeks.

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,

I applied for my husband's inland sponsorship in mid-March 2018 along with OWP, the application started processing on Apr 18th. We haven't linked our UCI with the case (did not create online profile yet) as our lawyer told us not to.

Its been more than 2 months since my initial submission and we are still waiting for OWP to arrive. I am just wondering is there anyone here in this group that also applied during similar times and have received their OWP? Also what is the processing time for OWP? On their website it states 5 weeks.

Hey we sent out application a couple weeks after you. My understanding is that you need to link your application online to get notifications and in case they need more documents that is how they would tell you. I would suggest you link online with your the application number in your AOR.

the work permit is taking about 3.5 months for most people from the time you sent your application in. For you my guess would be around mid to late june.

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Hey we sent out application a couple weeks after you. My understanding is that you need to link your application online to get notifications and in case they need more documents that is how they would tell you. I would suggest you link online with your the application number in your AOR.
Hey guys,

If you have a lawyer, they link it on their account as they are responsible for your case (that's why you filled out the representative form) and for sending all of the documents (which they do this through the online account). You are not to link the account. However you can use ECAS to check the updates of your PR App ONLY not the work permit. Here's the link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
I would suggest entering in the information that appears on the AOR email sent to the sponsor as you can see the updates for both the Sponsor's Application and the Principal Applicant's Application.

As for the work permit, it takes approximately 3-4 months to receive it. In your case, you'll probably only receive your OWP in either mid-June or July.

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018

the work permit is taking about 3.5 months for most people from the time you sent your application in. For you my guess would be around mid to late june.

Hey Monica,

Thank you so much for the reply. I spoke with my lawyer he linked my PR application on his end. However he did not link my OWP application from his profile and asked me to do it from my own profile instead. Now when I try to link the OWP application using UCI and application no, it doesn't accept it. I am not sure if its because my PR application is linked to another profile.

My question is when you linked you profile for OWP, what category am I selecting under "Which situation applies to the applicant" - I tried both "Applied for bridge work permit" as well as tried "Applied for PR as a spouse or common law partner in Canada". Also my category is "Temporary Residence" and my sub-category is "Work permit extension".

Thanks again!

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018
If you have a lawyer, they link it on their account as they are responsible for your case (that's why you filled out the representative form) and for sending all of the documents (which they do this through the online account). You are not to link the account. However you can use ECAS to check the updates of your PR App ONLY not the work permit. Here's the link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
I would suggest entering in the information that appears on the AOR email sent to the sponsor as you can see the updates for both the Sponsor's Application and the Principal Applicant's Application.

As for the work permit, it takes approximately 3-4 months to receive it. In your case, you'll probably only receive your OWP in either mid-June or July.
Hi Michyy,

Thank you so much for reply. This clarified a few things on my end. I called my Lawyer and got my PR app. linked on his profile. I also checked my PR status on the above link you provided. I was earlier under the wrong impression that OWP only takes 5 weeks.

My Lawyer ,however, did not link my OWP application to his profile and asked me to do it instead it from my profile. But I am unable to link it from my profile.

My question is when you linked you profile for OWP, what category am I selecting under "Which situation applies to the applicant" - I tried both "Applied for bridge work permit" as well as tried "Applied for PR as a spouse or common law partner in Canada". Also my category is "Temporary Residence" and my sub-category is "Work permit extension".

Thanks!

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
I finally got my OWP approved yesterday! It was received February 1st according to the online system, however, it was sent together with my PR application which was received February 8th according to the online system. So I’m guessing I count as a February 8th applicant :)

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
Now when I try to link the OWP application using UCI and application no, it doesn't accept it. I am not sure if its because my PR application is linked to another profile.

My question is when you linked you profile for OWP, what category am I selecting under "Which situation applies to the applicant"
Hello!

Try and link it using the UCI number and NOT the application number - as the application number for the PR/sponsor application is not the same as for the OWP.

As for which situation applies to you, I think you should go with “Applied for PR as a spouse or common law partner in Canada", if that applies to you, of course.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Michyy