AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Oh, lol! I've read about people getting it through mail so I thought it was the only case. :D
Haha no. I don't think they send it through the mail...only email

Reactions: rudycm

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi all,
Do we get a confirmation email for open work permit as well? I only got an email for sponsorship spouse, however I still haven't receive police certificate and medical exam request after linking to my account for almost a month.
Application received on: March 29
hey ! our application was received Mar 28th, and our situation is the same. i (the sponsor) only got the email, but we were able to link both the applications online (PR and OWP). we sent police cert. from my husbands home country but not the Canadian one. i saw on the website that they are totally changing how they do police checks, and it looks like we might be exempt from having to submit because of our timeline and being inland PR applicants. i think if we needed to submit them with the application and didnt then they would return the application...

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
hey ! our application was received Mar 28th, and our situation is the same. i (the sponsor) only got the email, but we were able to link both the applications online (PR and OWP). we sent police cert. from my husbands home country but not the Canadian one. i saw on the website that they are totally changing how they do police checks, and it looks like we might be exempt from having to submit because of our timeline and being inland PR applicants. i think if we needed to submit them with the application and didnt then they would return the application...
Hello ,
I just got one email confirmation and I link that file but I am confuse that do we need to link two separate files(one for PR and one for OWP) to cic acount.

Right now i just link one file because i got just one email.

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
You sent your app in March? Didn't you send the police certificate with your application? Medical exam request doesn't come in until later..like five six months after submission..
Yes I sent it in March, I was unable to provide a police certificate with my application because I need a referral letter from IRCC so I wrote them an explanation.

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Hello ,
I just got one email confirmation and I link that file but I am confuse that do we need to link two separate files(one for PR and one for OWP) to cic acount.

Right now i just link one file because i got just one email.
Same here, I tried to link OWP using the same UCI number that I got from the sponsorship email and it worked

Reactions: Lovejit Singh

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Same here, I tried to link OWP using the same UCI number that I got from the sponsorship email and it worked
Why you do not got Police clearence, They will not process your application in any case without that. thats sort of law in immigration.

If you are Out of Status and thats why not getting it , let me know ?

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Why you do not got Police clearence, They will not process your application in any case without that. thats sort of law in immigration.

If you are Out of Status and thats why not getting it , let me know ?
In my country they won't issue a police certificate until I have a referral letter from IRCC , so I wrote an explanation when I send in my applicaton.

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
I didn't get a confirmation for the work permit. I just assumed that I could also link it to my account and it worked, lol.
Thanks! I was able to link it using the same UCI number I got from the sponsorship confirmation email. However under "View My Submitted Applications or Profile" application type for the OWP it says online application , I never try to apply online so I was wondering does that happen to you too? Is that normal?

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Thanks! I was able to link it using the same UCI number I got from the sponsorship confirmation email. However under "View My Submitted Applications or Profile" application type for the OWP it says online application , I never try to apply online so I was wondering does that happen to you too? Is that normal?
Ours also said "online" but it was by paper with our application, this is normal :)
Timeline is below

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I received AOR today. Application arrived at the Mississauga location on Jan. 11th. My husband (applicant) did not receive any email though.
same happened with me

Honeydew1987

Nov 17, 2017
Yes!
Application sent March28
AOR April 25 (to Sponsor only)

we linked the PR and OWP application last week and have received no request to upload anything (and usually the request comes same day or following day from what i have seen of others' experiences)

we followed the updated checklist and submitted Schedule A and home country police certificate with the application. no request for Canadian police certificate though.
Yes, same, I submitted my home country policy certificate with all the files. CIC only requested Schedule A form, nothing else.

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Ours also said "online" but it was by paper with our application, this is normal :)
Timeline is below
I ma confused now.. Do I need to link two sperate files to my cic account or just one file for PR..... I just got one email from CIC with application no.

I already link that PR file but i also included OWP in my paper file.

File received: 27 Feb