+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Oscar2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Ar march 2018
Aor april 2018
I get my gcms notes december 2018
Medical , security , criminality ...not started and checked by phone last week still same situation.
due date on gcms notes April 2019 (12months after Aor) my medical expired feb 2019 ( did medical when applied for work permit ) i dont know if i need medical tests again even im in Canada .now nearly 14 months and nothing .

LiliChung

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Ar march 2018
Aor april 2018
Medical , security , criminality ...not started and checked by phone last week still same situation.
due date on gcms notes April 2019 (12months after Aor) my medical expired feb 2019 ( did medical when applied for work permit ) i dont know if i need medical tests again even im in Canada .now nearly 14 months and nothing .
Same here.. I just wish that maybe they didn’t update the notes

Reactions: KKK.f and thomashoo

Nino-In-Canada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ar march 2018
Aor april 2018
yeah, they have slowed down A LOT. hence, updating the processing time to 20 months instead of 19.
Most likely you will have to redo the medical. Stay positive! we're all in the same boat

Reactions: sarfu1121

Oscar2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
yeah, they have slowed down A LOT. hence, updating the processing time to 20 months instead of 19.
Most likely you will have to redo the medical. Stay positive! we're all in the same boat
Now i cant do the medical if they ask due to Pregnancy of my wife , due date after 8 months , hope they extend my previous medical tests

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Now i cant do the medical if they ask due to Pregnancy of my wife , due date after 8 months , hope they extend my previous medical tests
I think it depends on the Officer processing individual application. For me, I had to re-do the medicals done for work permit (meds expired on Jan 2019). So I would suggest just be positive and wait. For some people they request for second medicals, for some they extend.
Cheers!

Oscar2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
I think it depends on the Officer processing individual application. For me, I had to re-do the medicals done for work permit (meds expired on Jan 2019). So I would suggest just be positive and wait. For some people they request for second medicals, for some they extend.
Cheers!
I dont have other choices , i tried to ask by phone and explain my case but agents can do nothings for me .i saw an old regulation talks about extension of medical test less than 15 months.the time between the expiry of your 1st medical and 2nd medical request was short or more than 6 months .

paparazzi1987

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hi, I was reading your post and I found that you had passed from In Process to Application Received status during application time, did you get answer of this question why change from IP to AR ?? Please help I am seeing same status now...
This is usually happen when your file is being transfer to another office

Wall_e

Dec 5, 2017
Have a question & Need a piece of advice!

I am an inland Mpnp applicant and got AOR on March 17, 2019. I will also be eligible to apply for CEC (Express entry) at the end of July, which I would apply along with my Mpnp application as Express will save me 6-8 months.

• I got married last month and want to know how would I go about updating it on my Mpnp file? Should I add my wife on MPNP application or should I wait till this July and apply together in Express entry? I want to avoid paying PR fee twice (MPNP & Express) as it is staggering $1100 ish.
  • If I go with the option of not adding her on MPNP file, do I have to check mark "not accompanying" while updating my marital status so I do not have to pay PR fee and still can update CIC with my marital status? How would I go about doing that?
  • I am optimistic about CEC route as I calculated my points and getting around 480 ish. But in case if this does not work out, can I add my wife back to MPNP she can still get PR at the same time as I do. If Yes, what is the latest point in the PNP process where you can add your spouse in and can still get COPR at the same point?
Thanks in advance.

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
Honestly,many people applied via paper based. However, it does not mean most of them use this forum or like to post their timeline. Most analysis results based on timetime from this forum are not representative. Instead of making predictions, just be patient and wait.