+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
mehuls said:
Thank you very much for reply. My Letter does not show any date as it was received th' email. Actually I did not receive 30 July letter somehow as CIC shows that it was returned back in there system so they forwarded me an email stating that I have 90 days after I received this email to submit all the documents.
All the best in preparing your documents and do say if you need any further help.I would try and gather police certificates for your parents as well if possible. It was suggested on the letter sent in July.

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2014 (Submitted Nov 2014)
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
soonihope said:
All the best in preparing your documents and do say if you need any further help.I would try and gather police certificates for your parents as well if possible. It was suggested on the letter sent in July.
Sure. Thanks for your best wishes. yes, they have already started Police Certificate process.

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
Hi Guys,

If someone please answers few questions for Parents Sponsorship IMM 0008 Form:

Qn.1# Application Details > Question 4 > Immigration Office requested for processing this application:
Question is - Should I fill out "India" or I leave it blank in the form.

My Parents are in India. Why I am confuse is because in How to fill Form IMM 0008 says in Question 4 is "If you are applying from within Canada or being sponsored from within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Go to question 5."

Qn.2# Personal Details > Question 11 > Date and Place of your last entry to Canada:
Question is - form does not allow to enter/type. My parents last came to Canada in 2012 from US boarder so Do I need to type by Hand or just Skip it? If I need to mention by hand then my parents came from US to Canada from Niagara border so what should I write in Place in same question?

Qn.3# Personal Details > Question 3 > UCI:
I need to leave it blank - correct? as it is my parents first application.

Qn.4# Contact Information > Question 3,4&5 > Telephone no. and alternate Telephone no. & Email:
Question is - Should I give my(Canada as Sponsor) phone numbers and Email instead of my parents in India? What is the best suitable advice for this?

Qn.5# National Identity Document > Question 1,2,3,4&5:
Question is - My Parents has both PAN Card and ADHAR Card in India so I can give one of them as National Identity Document but it has no Issue Date and Expiry Date - So should I need to leave blank for Issue date and Expiry date or I skip entire question?

Final Question:
As I am leaving some question blank or I need to mention something by hand which I can not enter in the form then in that case - How I can validate form and generate Barcode? IS that mandatory? Can I still Validate again if I make any changes? Also If I need to send form to my Parents in India for sign then Do I need to validate first and then send or I can do it later?

I know I am asking lots of questions but these are the road blockers for me to finish IMM 0008 form. I am really thankful to all of you and have reply form you guys!!!

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
mehuls said:
Hi Guys,

If someone please answers few questions for Parents Sponsorship IMM 0008 Form:

Qn.1# Application Details > Question 4 > Immigration Office requested for processing this application:
Question is - Should I fill out "India" or I leave it blank in the form.

My Parents are in India. Why I am confuse is because in How to fill Form IMM 0008 says in Question 4 is "If you are applying from within Canada or being sponsored from within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Go to question 5."

Qn.2# Personal Details > Question 11 > Date and Place of your last entry to Canada:
Question is - form does not allow to enter/type. My parents last came to Canada in 2012 from US boarder so Do I need to type by Hand or just Skip it? If I need to mention by hand then my parents came from US to Canada from Niagara border so what should I write in Place in same question?

Qn.3# Personal Details > Question 3 > UCI:
I need to leave it blank - correct? as it is my parents first application.

Qn.4# Contact Information > Question 3,4&5 > Telephone no. and alternate Telephone no. & Email:
Question is - Should I give my(Canada as Sponsor) phone numbers and Email instead of my parents in India? What is the best suitable advice for this?

Qn.5# National Identity Document > Question 1,2,3,4&5:
Question is - My Parents has both PAN Card and ADHAR Card in India so I can give one of them as National Identity Document but it has no Issue Date and Expiry Date - So should I need to leave blank for Issue date and Expiry date or I skip entire question?

Final Question:
As I am leaving some question blank or I need to mention something by hand which I can not enter in the form then in that case - How I can validate form and generate Barcode? IS that mandatory? Can I still Validate again if I make any changes? Also If I need to send form to my Parents in India for sign then Do I need to validate first and then send or I can do it later?

I know I am asking lots of questions but these are the road blockers for me to finish IMM 0008 form. I am really thankful to all of you and have reply form you guys!!!
1. Put the name of the city where the Canadian embassy is located in India

2.If the places you have to type have turned blue and you cannot type in them, these questions do not apply to you. Leave them blank.

3. If you do not have a UCI, leave it blank.

4. Put your parents phone number(s) and email. If you want, you can fill out the "Use of a Representative" form (IMM5476E). This way you will be the one recieving all information about the progress of the application, not your parents. I did this for my mother in law's application. CIC would send me any mail or emails, then I would have to inform her what needed to be done.

5. Put in the information you have for the National Identity Document. Leave the issue and expiry dates blank if the document does not have them.

6. If you validate the document and want to change something, it is not a problem to validate it again.
My suggestion is to validate the document, print it out, and send it to your parents for their signatures. Or email it and have them print it out and sign.

Most of your questions are the same things I had to do for my mother in laws application, and we had no problems with it.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
BCKev said:
1. Put the name of the city where the Canadian embassy is located in India

2.If the places you have to type have turned blue and you cannot type in them, these questions do not apply to you. Leave them blank.

3. If you do not have a UCI, leave it blank.

4. Put your parents phone number(s) and email. If you want, you can fill out the "Use of a Representative" form (IMM5476E). This way you will be the one recieving all information about the progress of the application, not your parents. I did this for my mother in law's application. CIC would send me any mail or emails, then I would have to inform her what needed to be done.

5. Put in the information you have for the National Identity Document. Leave the issue and expiry dates blank if the document does not have them.

6. If you validate the document and want to change something, it is not a problem to validate it again.
My suggestion is to validate the document, print it out, and send it to your parents for their signatures. Or email it and have them print it out and sign.

Most of your questions are the same things I had to do for my mother in laws application, and we had no problems with it.
When I submitted my docs, I didn't fill out the use of representative form, however I gave my Canada address as correspondence address, so I believe they will send all the correspondences to me and I will have to forward them to my parents. When cic returned my docs due to photo issues, it was sent to my Canada address and I collected the photos from my parents n had to resend to cic.

By the way, I have a question, minister Chris Alexander on his recent twitter chat had mentioned that cic is trying to process the fastest, the application that had waited for the longest. Well, I am a 2008 applicant, definitely been a long wait, does anyone know if there is a way to bring to cic attention of my long wait n would they do anything about it.

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
Thank you verify much for quick replay. Appreciate a lot!!!

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
Hi Friends,

One more question on Form IMM 5669 > Question 8 (Personal History) & Question 12 (Addresses):

Both questions 8 & 12 are asking about past 10 years details. I have filled out all the details for past 10 years for my parents but one clarification/advice required to finish the form.

My parents visited to Canada last time we went to US for 3-4 days on different places.
Do I need to mentioned that in both Question 8 and 12?
If yes then I need to put same month and year in from and to for both - correct?
Also what address/postal code should I give for question 12 as we visited different places in that 3-4 days travelling?

Thank you one more time for taking time and answering it!

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Tp said:
When I submitted my docs, I didn't fill out the use of representative form, however I gave my Canada address as correspondence address, so I believe they will send all the correspondences to me and I will have to forward them to my parents. When cic returned my docs due to photo issues, it was sent to my Canada address and I collected the photos from my parents n had to resend to cic.
I guess you could do it this way also. I interpreted this section as meaning the contact information for the main applicant. I did not want to put contact information for her in Canada because she is not in Canada. To ensure that I received any updates on the status of the application, I did the form for being a representative.

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
mehuls said:
Hi Friends,

One more question on Form IMM 5669 > Question 8 (Personal History) & Question 12 (Addresses):

Both questions 8 & 12 are asking about past 10 years details. I have filled out all the details for past 10 years for my parents but one clarification/advice required to finish the form.

My parents visited to Canada last time we went to US for 3-4 days on different places.
Do I need to mentioned that in both Question 8 and 12?
If yes then I need to put same month and year in from and to for both - correct?
Also what address/postal code should I give for question 12 as we visited different places in that 3-4 days travelling?

Thank you one more time for taking time and answering it!
For Question 12, only the addresses where they lived are needed:

"Question 12 Indicate the residential addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent, complete with the postal code. Do not use P.O. box addresses."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#completeApplication

Question 8: I am not sure if it is necessary to mention a short visit to the US. It may not be necessary, but won't hurt to indicate travelling in the US. My impression is that this question is primarily intended to be about where people lived and worked, not where they had short vacations.

Hopefully someone else could share some wisdom on this question.

dwynf

Aug 13, 2013
Hi Everyone,

App. Filed.......: 15-11-2009
Doc's Request.: 02-08-2012
AOR Received.: 10-11-2012
File Transfer...: 06-11-2013
Med's Request: 17-02-2014
Med's Done....: 03-03-2014
Passport Req..: 27-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...: ??????????

It's been 7 months since CIC requested My Parents Passport, and until now there's still no update on my ecas.
Most of the members here got their Visa Issued after a month when they submitted their passport.

Do i need to followup with the Visa Office via email, or wait for a couple of months?

Thanks!

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
dwynf said:
Hi Everyone,

App. Filed.......: 15-11-2009
Doc's Request.: 02-08-2012
AOR Received.: 10-11-2012
File Transfer...: 06-11-2013
Med's Request: 17-02-2014
Med's Done....: 03-03-2014
Passport Req..: 27-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...: ??????????

It's been 7 months since CIC requested My Parents Passport, and until now there's still no update on my ecas.
Most of the members here got their Visa Issued after a month when they submitted their passport.

Do i need to followup with the Visa Office via email, or wait for a couple of months?

Thanks!
Which visa office are you dealing with? There appears to be huge time differences between receiving the passport request and getting the passport with visa back. Look at the normal times for your visa office.

We dealt with the embassy in Kiev and they said it would take a maximum of 5 days. My mother in law took her passport in on a Friday. On the following Tuesday, the embassy phoned her to tell her the passport was ready. They send it to her by courier and she had it on Thursday. It all took less than a week! Yet for some places it is months and months!

dwynf

Aug 13, 2013
BCKev said:
Which visa office are you dealing with? There appears to be huge time differences between receiving the passport request and getting the passport with visa back. Look at the normal times for your visa office.

We dealt with the embassy in Kiev and they said it would take a maximum of 5 days. My mother in law took her passport in on a Friday. On the following Tuesday, the embassy phoned her to tell her the passport was ready. They send it to her by courier and she had it on Thursday. It all took less than a week! Yet for some places it is months and months!

Visa Office, Manila

for my understanding, once they request to submitte ur passport, i will be consider Visa Approved right? but then that 7 long months at least there should be an update on ecas?

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
dwynf said:
Visa Office, Manila

for my understanding, once they request to submitte ur passport, i will be consider Visa Approved right? but then that 7 long months at least there should be an update on ecas?
Around the time I got the passport request, it was also showing "Decision Made" on ECAS

Km21

Sep 2, 2014
dwynf said:
Visa Office, Manila

Hi you need to follow up to ur MP if you are the sponsor. If not tell your sponsor to go to Mp. What's your ecas status ? Our ecas is already decision made last week ..hopefully visa will arrive next week. Godbless

dwynf

Aug 13, 2013
Km21 said:
Hi you need to follow up to ur MP if you are the sponsor. If not tell your sponsor to go to Mp. What's your ecas status ? Our ecas is already decision made last week ..hopefully visa will arrive next week. Godbless
Yea, iam sponsor, i went to MP last month & the Representative called back after a wk.&informed me that he emailed visa office in Manila,visa office Manila told him that processing time is 65 mos. so I told him that it doesn't makes sense coz' the Passports will expired after 5 years and the medical is only good for a year, Why Visa Office requested the passport so early?! then He said that he will check it again after 3 months.. Hehe! I dont know if i spoke with the right guy (MP). Anyway, my ecas status under sponsor is Decision Made, and for under PR app status still Application Receiced.

Km21, when did Visa office requested ur passport and how long u've been waiting now for Visa?