+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 REFUSALS ALREADY, NEW APPLICATION WITH LOTS OF CHANGES! NEED REVIEWS.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Hi guys!
I’m applying for NON SDS from India, previous two applications were from Saudi Arabia and were rejected.
My info- Bachelor of Management studies
Ielts- 8.5
GPA - 6.8/7
Age - 27
Experience - 2 years in relevant field
Purpose of study - To do masters because husband and I are starting our own business (have complete explanation in the SOP)
Funds - Paid 1 year tuition and full 2 year + living expenses in bank available!

previous viapplications:
Global business management at Centennial
1 year tuition paid + 39k CAD in account
Applied from Saudi Arabia alongwith SOWP

Refusal reasons:
Purpose of visit (Course is lower than my Bachelor acc to VO so not a reasonable expense)
Immigration status - Temporary status in SA
Employment situation - Husband’s job is temporary in KSA and he can be removed with Saudization & hence we won’t return back to home country (even though I told them I want to go back to India after studies and not come back to Saudi)

NEW APPLICATION tackling refusal:
PURPOSE OF VISIT - Master of Management (changed from PGC)
Immigration status - Applying from India, my home country
Employment status - I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS, now that I am applying along from India and have full funds, will my husband’s employment play any role in my application.

Would like your important reviews regarding my application and what more can I do to change and satisfy the VO!

Thanks in advance.

Rah123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Hi guys!
I’m applying for NON SDS from India, previous two applications were from Saudi Arabia and were rejected.
My info- Bachelor of Management studies
Ielts- 8.5
GPA - 6.8/7
Age - 27
Experience - 2 years in relevant field
Purpose of study - To do masters because husband and I are starting our own business (have complete explanation in the SOP)
Funds - Paid 1 year tuition and full 2 year + living expenses in bank available!

previous viapplications:
Global business management at Centennial
1 year tuition paid + 39k CAD in account
Applied from Saudi Arabia alongwith SOWP

Refusal reasons:
Purpose of visit (Course is lower than my Bachelor acc to VO so not a reasonable expense)
Immigration status - Temporary status in SA
Employment situation - Husband’s job is temporary in KSA and he can be removed with Saudization & hence we won’t return back to home country (even though I told them I want to go back to India after studies and not come back to Saudi)

NEW APPLICATION tackling refusal:
PURPOSE OF VISIT - Master of Management (changed from PGC)
Immigration status - Applying from India, my home country
Employment status - I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS, now that I am applying along from India and have full funds, will my husband’s employment play any role in my application.

Would like your important reviews regarding my application and what more can I do to change and satisfy the VO!

Thanks in advance.
Your academics and ielts is very strong it was a bad decision to choose the GBM course with this academics. PGD course for those who did not get the high Mark's in academics or not work experience. ur profile is enough to get the visa and ur concern about husband employement I do not have much information about this.

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Sorry, I don't know enough to advice you and would simply wish you good luck. Just one question since I am also in the same boat - why not SDS ?

joharsanjeev

Apr 9, 2021
Earlier I submitted a student visa application that was rejected. Now I am going to apply again and have below doubt.

My question is there's a Question 2b and 2c on IMM5257E BACKGROUND information what answer should i give (yes or no) and what to mention in explanation if says YES

Question 2 b: Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country.
Answer: Yes or no

Question 2c: Applied previously to enter or remain in Canada
Answer: Yes or no

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
You were rejected for a study permit, therefore:

2b) Yes - you were refused a study permit.
2c) Yes - you applied for a trv with study permit.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Your academics and ielts is very strong it was a bad decision to choose the GBM course with this academics. PGD course for those who did not get the high Mark's in academics or not work experience. ur profile is enough to get the visa and ur concern about husband employement I do not have much information about this.
Thank you so much for your reply!
I hope you get it too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not currently in India and the flights are banned where I’m currently at.
If you aren’t in India, how are you applying from India? Is your university private or public? Hopefully, public and not Canada West or Crandall.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
If you aren’t in India, how are you applying from India? Is your university private or public? Hopefully, public and not Canada West or Crandall.
I mean I am from India, will be applying from Saudi only. Phrased it wrong!! I’m looking into the option where I have seen PH candidates put the “applying from” their home country as it may lead to the file going to a different VO office than the GCC!

Have two options, will decide and pay the fees by tomorrow. Just want to ask why not Crandall? It’s one of the options, other is publicly funded. Crandall was something I was keen about?!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean I am from India, will be applying from Saudi only. Phrased it wrong!! I’m looking into the option where I have seen PH candidates put the “applying from” their home country as it may lead to the file going to a different VO office than the GCC!

Have two options, will decide and pay the fees by tomorrow. Just want to ask why not Crandall? It’s one of the options, other is publicly funded. Crandall was something I was keen about?!
Ok so you aren’t applying from India but Saudi. You can show strong ties to India with strong job prospects too. Crandall is a private university that very few (if any) Canadian students attend and employers have never heard of the school. It is attracts international students. I assume then you are applying to a private school and not public then. Public university has a higher chance of acceptance especially since this is your third application.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Ok so you aren’t applying from India but Saudi. You can show strong ties to India with strong job prospects too. Crandall is a private university that very few (if any) Canadian students attend and employers have never heard of the school. It is attracts international students. I assume then you are applying to a private school and not public then. Public university has a higher chance of acceptance especially since this is your third application.
my intention of studying (which I have mentioned in my SOP) is only to start my own business alongwith my husband. I have explained that in detail. Besides I literally am not concerned about after graduation job prospects, the master’s there is literally the closest to my last academic degree ie. Bachelor of Management studies and my work experience is extremely related to it.
My intention is not to be a primary applicant for PR or anything. Do you think this would be a problem in my application?

my GCMS notes were very very general simple refusal reasons
- Academic qualification is higher than proposed hence not a reasonable expense
- immigration status in Saudi is temporary
- spouse’s job is temporary hence won’t be compelled to leave Canada ( I applied with his SOWP)

they didn’t read my SOP and assumed I wanted to return back to Saudi Arabia even though I clearly stated my intentions of going back to my home country.

my case became complicated because they didn’t read my SOP and hence the GCMS notes refusals were entirely a copy paste of my first application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my intention of studying (which I have mentioned in my SOP) is only to start my own business alongwith my husband. I have explained that in detail. Besides I literally am not concerned about after graduation job prospects, the master’s there is literally the closest to my last academic degree ie. Bachelor of Management studies and my work experience is extremely related to it.
My intention is not to be a primary applicant for PR or anything. Do you think this would be a problem in my application?

my GCMS notes were very very general simple refusal reasons
- Academic qualification is higher than proposed hence not a reasonable expense
- immigration status in Saudi is temporary
- spouse’s job is temporary hence won’t be compelled to leave Canada ( I applied with his SOWP)

they didn’t read my SOP and assumed I wanted to return back to Saudi Arabia even though I clearly stated my intentions of going back to my home country.

my case became complicated because they didn’t read my SOP and hence the GCMS notes refusals were entirely a copy paste of my first application.
You are assuming they didn’t read your SOP. Did you show proof that you are starting your own business in India…office space, potential client list, website etc. What ties did you show to India as your potential business in not a tie? If starting a business, why a Master of Management? Don’t most courses focus on working in a company and are not focused on entrepreneurship? Just asking questions the VO is going to question.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
You are assuming they didn’t read your SOP. Did you show proof that you are starting your own business in India…office space, potential client list, website etc. What ties did you show to India as your potential business in not a tie? If starting a business, why a Master of Management? Don’t most courses focus on working in a company and are not focused on entrepreneurship? Just asking questions the VO is going to question.
Actually I didn’t really assume before until an IRCC lawyer went through my file and told me that. Also regarding why MOM and business, I did give them a full fledged plan (can’t show them properties etc. as was advised against it) was told it makes the profile more suspicious. Telling the VOs I’ll come back and work in a job (which I don’t have signed or even if I did, doesn’t guarantee a visa) because I’ve seen people do that to show as a tie but it didn’t work because they were questioned (why would a company wait for you) so I just went with the closest plan to my reality. Master of management because the business will be related to my husband’s field (which is providing a certain type of services, non it related) so I have explained that I need the course for managing the business (as I have experience in brand management + marketing)
I hope I’m explaining clearly. This whole immigration application is a gamble really with of course meeting the pre requisites everything else (your story) depends on the VO and their gut feeling.
So I will go with the safest possible option for me:
Change my course into a higher one.
Put “applying from India” to maybe be lucky. Apply alone and let my husband be my home tie.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Actually I didn’t really assume before until an IRCC lawyer went through my file and told me that. Also regarding why MOM and business, I did give them a full fledged plan (can’t show them properties etc. as was advised against it) was told it makes the profile more suspicious. Telling the VOs I’ll come back and work in a job (which I don’t have signed or even if I did, doesn’t guarantee a visa) because I’ve seen people do that to show as a tie but it didn’t work because they were questioned (why would a company wait for you) so I just went with the closest plan to my reality. Master of management because the business will be related to my husband’s field (which is providing a certain type of services, non it related) so I have explained that I need the course for managing the business (as I have experience in brand management + marketing)
I hope I’m explaining clearly. This whole immigration application is a gamble really with of course meeting the pre requisites everything else (your story) depends on the VO and their gut feeling.
So I will go with the safest possible option for me:
Change my course into a higher one.
Put “applying from India” to maybe be lucky. Apply alone and let my husband be my home tie.

You have such a storng case with good IELTS and academic. Plus, you are very young. I read that you aren't considering PR. I kind of feel that you will sail through EE.
Many of my friends of your age from GCC, got through EE in first attempt.
But I understand that you want to study further. hence I wish you best.

Cheers

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
You have such a storng case with good IELTS and academic. Plus, you are very young. I read that you aren't considering PR. I kind of feel that you will sail through EE.
Many of my friends of your age from GCC, got through EE in first attempt.
But I understand that you want to study further. hence I wish you best.

Cheers
My spouse is 28 only too but due to no MBA, our score is low.
but thank you anyway.