IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Develop what? The economy? Canada has a demographic issue (particularly the ratio of productive workers to retirees), but that does not mean that they have to fix it by letting large numbers of immigrants in. If they really focused on improving the birthrate, they wouldn't need immigrants at all.
well birthrate solution is long term but immediate needs can be fulfilled by immigrants. population of just over 30 mil as opposed to USA 300 mil can give u an idea how much more canada can take in and still be a great country. Due to aging population canadians r lagging behind in lot of things. One thing I was saying all along was infrastructure and supply chain and liberals understood it.

This is inaccurate.
agreed

Oh, please. Canada needs foreign goods to survive. It can survive just fine without foreign people.
yes thats what is the problem companies would leave to 3rd world countries(no offense to anyone I am from one such country) if they dont get talent or their talent has to leave. I have seen it happen

The US doesn't need anyone. It's been economically advantageous in the past as labour shortages were an issue and the majority of jobs were largely unskilled. As there has been a shift towards knowledge-based workers, the need (and value) of immigration has gone down. The US has too many immigrants, and would do well to reduce the number admitted. They need educated people, not just hard workers. Some immigrants meet those needs, and should be admitted. Many don't, and should not.
well US does need labor but their labor needs r fulfilled by immigrants from Latin America which is a huge number now i think it is 10 mil not sure. Since US gets low skilled immigrants it needs skilled immigrans from other places which they control based on talent and skill not age, english language. not saying US immigration is perfect it has its flaws but thats another story.

Just like you saw sub-450 draws again and again that never materialized?
I dont believe sub 450 will happen but again who knows

They have said how they want to "develop" Canada - family reunification. They think that the immigrants who come in should have Canadian experience, or Canadian family. Doing that, they will have much fewer foreign skilled workers.
agreed and I am a little worried about the family reunification included in EE but its all speculation right now lets wait and see.

The conservatives wanted people who were skilled. The liberals want people with family ties. Different ideas, different systems. They have talked about adding points for people with relatives in Canada.
no conservatives wanted to control immigration and they wanted it be controlled by PM/minister not by the process hence EE. If Ministerial instructions are not issued EE will come to a halt get the point?. Yes I am worried of family ties thing as I dont have family in canada but thats personal.