IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
i think old government has made 450 a benchmark they never let it fall below 450. i am guessing there is a rational for that . we just have to wait and see if new government would change anything. i hope they do for better.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
popofsky said:
I have a score of 458 and miss the 18th for a day or two.
When you talk about the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program do you think I can apply to one? I am in Alberta right now and my company is clear they won't do a LMIA.
Already did everything possible French test, English Test, Credential of diploma are done.

Does anyone think they are going to pick a little bit lower next time 455 or something?
It is hard to predict anything right now as the government has changed and since CIC promised to do 15-25 draws, they could stop any moment. The implication of Ontario nomination (if you receive one), is that you would have to move to Ontario after getting your PR. Have you received a letter of interest from Ontario? If you French test score is high enough, then you might even go into French speaking stream, which would increase your chances of getting the nomination.
When I was in the same position, I applied for both. At the time when the points went down to my level, I just recalled my application (at that time they haven't issued AOR yet). They were really nice and responsive, I got a full 1500 refund.
I would also not wait until next year. Maybe I am overly pragmatic, but immigration laws are getting sticter every year. It has not as much to do with the Coservatives as many believe, but rather economic and social crises in Europe and other regions. Many people are checking out Canada as it has one of the mildest Immigration Policies comparing to other developed countries.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Guys nothing to worry with any change of Govt. The basic thing is Canada needs people from outside. Now whether they continue Express Entry or not they will always have some system to invite outsiders. It is a demand and supply chain which is not going to end up soon. Every year they would require people, Now they change the way of inviting but in any case we all will be always eligible to apply. Lets hope this system continues the way it is with some minor changes or else wait for some better system. Whatever system they design would be better than Expess Entry ! :p

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bestofluck said:
Guys nothing to worry with any change of Govt. The basic thing is Canada needs people from outside. Now whether they continue Express Entry or not they will always have some system to invite outsiders. It is a demand and supply chain which is not going to end up soon. Every year they would require people, Now they change the way of inviting but in any case we all will be always eligible to apply. Lets hope this system continues the way it is with some minor changes or else wait for some better system. Whatever system they design would be better than Expess Entry ! :p
Be careful what you wish for. The changes the liberals want to make will make it harder for people outside Canada to come.

taffarel

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
Be careful what you wish for. The changes the liberals want to make will make it harder for people outside Canada to come.
And what about people who have Canadian Experience. Hopefully they give some more weight to that.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kateg said:
Without outsiders bringing in Canada would never Develop. Every Developing country needs thousands of people every year for the development. kateg if they stop bringing outsiders you and few others would also not survive in Canada. USA still need over 1,60,000 outsiders every year ..since years. Canada will be wanting even more in coming years. In fact I see even a easier Express Entry System in next few years.
Liberals would also think the Development of Canada.

In fact people already in Canada have not proved themselves worth for getting PR and that's why they have to enter EE. OR else when they are already i Canada why are they searching people from outside. They are not at Par with the world or they are not in enough numbers.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
taffarel said:
And what about people who have Canadian Experience. Hopefully they give some more weight to that.
If they want to give more weight to them why would they ask them to enter the Express Entry? Why don't they give them PR after some years of Education and work experience? They are giving them few extra marks is all they can do.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
bestofluck said:
In fact people already in Canada have not proved themselves worth for getting PR and that's why they have to enter EE. OR else when they are already i Canada why are they searching people from outside. They are not at Par with the world or they are not in enough numbers.
Wow, that's just rude, you don't know the circumstances under which people ended up in EE stream. Plus, according to your own logic, you haven't proved yourself worthy either since you haven't been selected by the system yet...

bestofluck said:
Without outsiders bringing in Canada would never Develop. Every Developing country needs thousands of people every year for the development. kateg if they stop bringing outsiders you and few others would also not survive in Canada.
And what made you think that? There are some labor shortages, but they barely addressed by the immigration policy currently in place.

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
[/quote]

You are crazy if you think this is true, and you are up for rude awaking if you come to Canada. I see it every day working in a financial industry. The amount of people who come outside of Canada with better credentials then upper management that have to settle for positions with high school education requirements. There is so much more than the skills on paper, I would even say that the interpersonal skills that people in Canada already have (and Canadian experience) are usually far more important than anything else CIC is looking for...

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 19th draw was the last one under <a href="http://globalnews.ca/news/2301750/watch-out-of-parliament-but-unrepentant-chris-alexander-slams-hippy-trippy-liberals/">MP Chris Alexander</a>. The new cabinet is to be announced next Wednesday, Nov. 4th; I am pretty sure the new MP of Citizenship and Immigration is going to be <a href="https://johnmccallum.liberal.ca/">John McCallum</a>. Next week could be very interesting for immigrants, especially international students and skilled temporary workers.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
taffarel said:
From what they have said, they want to give more weight to Canadian experience, and Canadian family.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bestofluck said:
Without outsiders bringing in Canada would never Develop.
Develop what? The economy? Canada has a demographic issue (particularly the ratio of productive workers to retirees), but that does not mean that they have to fix it by letting large numbers of immigrants in. If they really focused on improving the birthrate, they wouldn't need immigrants at all.

Every Developing country needs thousands of people every year for the development.
This is inaccurate.

kateg if they stop bringing outsiders you and few others would also not survive in Canada.
Oh, please. Canada needs foreign goods to survive. It can survive just fine without foreign people.

USA still need over 1,60,000 outsiders every year ..since years.
The US doesn't need anyone. It's been economically advantageous in the past as labour shortages were an issue and the majority of jobs were largely unskilled. As there has been a shift towards knowledge-based workers, the need (and value) of immigration has gone down. The US has too many immigrants, and would do well to reduce the number admitted. They need educated people, not just hard workers. Some immigrants meet those needs, and should be admitted. Many don't, and should not.

Canada will be wanting even more in coming years. In fact I see even a easier Express Entry System in next few years.
Just like you saw sub-450 draws again and again that never materialized?

Liberals would also think the Development of Canada.
They have said how they want to "develop" Canada - family reunification. They think that the immigrants who come in should have Canadian experience, or Canadian family. Doing that, they will have much fewer foreign skilled workers.

The conservatives wanted people who were skilled. The liberals want people with family ties. Different ideas, different systems. They have talked about adding points for people with relatives in Canada.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
yes kateg we will not only see sub 450 draws but we will see much more than that. Time will prove it. No need to take out frustrations here.

what I have said is all correct. wait and see

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bestofluck said:
what I have said is all correct. wait and see
What you've said has been repeatedly wrong. You made very specific predictions about draws, and the points they would have, even when others told you that they would not be. You were wrong, and waiting to see won't change that.

No need to take out frustrations here.
I think you may be projecting. I'm not particularly frustrated - I just believe in evidence and facts over false "hopes". False hopes are a liability, not a "great asset".

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kateg i told you let time prove the things. don't be hasty , we will talk after 6 months