+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa for Parents

mudittchauhan

Jan 6, 2020
Hello canuck78, @scylla , @Bryanna , @PMM , @Naturgrl and others,

Can you please review the invitation letter for my parents' TRV? I don't want to get any refusal for them, so please help.

LETTER OF INVITATION

IN THE MATTER OF VISITORS TO CANADA
To,
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
New Delhi, India

Date: 04-Dec-2023

Subject: Invitation Letter for Visitor Visa Application

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter in support of the Visitor Visa application for my parents, Mr. xxx & Mrs. xxx, who intend to visit me and my wife, xxx, in Canada from 19th April 2024 to 06th May 2024.

I am a citizen of India and currently residing in xxx, Ontario, with my wife xxx and we both hold work permits in Canada. I am a full-time working as an IT Consultant at xxx earning an annual salary of $xxx, as substantiated by the attached recent salary stubs. The purpose of my parents' visit is purely to spend quality time with us and experience the warmth of family bonds in a foreign land.

My parents are financially self-sufficient and capable of covering the costs associated with their visit. Their net worth statements including their liquid funds (xxx - $xxx and xxx - $xxx), are attached herewith, indicating their ability to bear the expenses for roundtrip airfare, overseas travel insurance, transportation, medical needs, and any other incidental costs.

Furthermore, to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for my parents, I have made ample financial arrangements amounting to $xxx, as demonstrated by my attached bank certificates. This sum will cover their miscellaneous expenses during their stay, apart from the fact that meals and lodging will be provided at our residence in Cornwall, Ontario, at no cost to them.

It is crucial to mention that my parents have no intention of overstaying their visit, as they have significant obligations in India that necessitate their return. My father, xxx, is retired and is required to be in India annually in September to submit a life certificate to the Government of India under The Uttarakhand Retirement Benefits Act, a crucial requirement to receive his pension. This commitment underscores his strong ties to his home country.

Additionally, my mother, xxx, underwent ankle surgery in May 2023, and as part of her post-operative care, she needs to visit her doctor every 2-3 months for a check-up. This medical requirement is another compelling reason for their timely return to India. The continuity of her medical care is of utmost importance for her well-being and recovery.

During their visit, we plan to explore some of Canada's renowned tourist destinations, including Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. This will not only provide them with a memorable experience but also serve as an opportunity for them to appreciate the beauty and diversity of Canada.

I would like to emphasize that my parents will not become a public charge in Canada and will not be a burden to the government of Canada or the province of Ontario in any way. I am confident that as responsible individuals my parents will comply with all the terms and conditions of the Visitor Visa and will depart Canada well before the authorized stay period expires.

We sincerely hope that you will consider this application favourably and grant the Visitor Visa for my parents. If any additional information is required, please do not hesitate to contact me at +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Mudit Kumar Chauhan
xxx xxx
xxx, ON Canada – xxx xxx

xxx@gmail.com

+1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello canuck78, @scylla , @Bryanna and others,

Can you please review the invitation letter for my parents' TRV? I don't want to get any refusal for them, so please help.

LETTER OF INVITATION

IN THE MATTER OF VISITORS TO CANADA
To,
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
New Delhi, India

Date: 04-Dec-2023

Subject: Invitation Letter for Visitor Visa Application

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter in support of the Visitor Visa application for my parents, Mr. xxx & Mrs. xxx, who intend to visit me and my wife, xxx, in Canada from 19th April 2024 to 06th May 2024.

I am a citizen of India and currently residing in xxx, Ontario, with my wife xxx and we both hold work permits in Canada. I am a full-time working as an IT Consultant at xxx earning an annual salary of $xxx, as substantiated by the attached recent salary stubs. The purpose of my parents' visit is purely to spend quality time with us and experience the warmth of family bonds in a foreign land.

My parents are financially self-sufficient and capable of covering the costs associated with their visit. Their net worth statements including their liquid funds (Pramod Kumar Chauhan - $xxx and Neelam Chauhan - $xxx), are attached herewith, indicating their ability to bear the expenses for roundtrip airfare, overseas travel insurance, transportation, medical needs, and any other incidental costs.

Furthermore, to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for my parents, I have made ample financial arrangements amounting to $xxx, as demonstrated by my attached bank certificates. This sum will cover their miscellaneous expenses during their stay, apart from the fact that meals and lodging will be provided at our residence in Cornwall, Ontario, at no cost to them.

It is crucial to mention that my parents have no intention of overstaying their visit, as they have significant obligations in India that necessitate their return. My father, Pramod Kumar Chauhan, is retired and is required to be in India annually in September to submit a life certificate to the Government of India under The Uttarakhand Retirement Benefits Act, a crucial requirement to receive his pension. This commitment underscores his strong ties to his home country.

Additionally, my mother, Neelam Chauhan, underwent ankle surgery in May 2023, and as part of her post-operative care, she needs to visit her doctor every 2-3 months for a check-up. This medical requirement is another compelling reason for their timely return to India. The continuity of her medical care is of utmost importance for her well-being and recovery.

During their visit, we plan to explore some of Canada's renowned tourist destinations, including Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. This will not only provide them with a memorable experience but also serve as an opportunity for them to appreciate the beauty and diversity of Canada.

I would like to emphasize that my parents will not become a public charge in Canada and will not be a burden to the government of Canada or the province of Ontario in any way. I am confident that as responsible individuals my parents will comply with all the terms and conditions of the Visitor Visa and will depart Canada well before the authorized stay period expires.

We sincerely hope that you will consider this application favourably and grant the Visitor Visa for my parents. If any additional information is required, please do not hesitate to contact me at +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Mudit Kumar Chauhan
xxx xxx
xxx, ON Canada – xxx xxx

xxx@gmail.com

+1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
Would probably delete
“I would like to emphasize that my parents will not become a public charge in Canada and will not be a burden to the government of Canada or the province of Ontario in any way. I am confident that as responsible individuals my parents will comply with all the terms and conditions of the Visitor Visa and will depart Canada well before the authorized stay period expires.”

mudittchauhan

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks @canuck78 for the quick response. I will delete this line, but can you please tell me if the below line is fine to put on the LOI:

"We assure you that my parents will adhere to all the terms and conditions of their visitor visa and will depart Canada well within the allowed period."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78 for the quick response. I will delete this line, but can you please tell me if the below line is fine to put on the LOI:

"We assure you that my parents will adhere to all the terms and conditions of their visitor visa and will depart Canada well within the allowed period."
You have already mentioned earlier in the letter that they will not overstay so it is a bit redundant but it is fine to add.

Reactions: mudittchauhan

mudittchauhan

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks for the response. I submitted my parents' visa application today, and I hope we will get the good news soon.

kinnudreamz

Dec 1, 2019
Hi,

Posting my queries here since a new thread is still under review!

Me and my wife are PR holders and working with a family income of 160k.
We want to apply vistor visas for our parents. My wife's mother is a widow and retired with no fininacial assets back home. Wife is the only child. So, she will be applying with an invitation and sponsor letter from my wife stating that we will be covering her expenses for the trip. We both have jobs with three years of tax returns in Canada, so we can submit our bank statements, pay slips and tax returns for financials. The proposed stay would be for two weeks. Wife will be filling and submitting the application using mother in law's account.

But just wondering,
1. Is there a high chance of rejection? (as I have seen quite a few cases even with good financials back home rejected)
2. Is there anyway we can justify regarding going back home as I see the major problem can be lack of ties which we cannot help! It is what it is.
3. Should my wife sign as a representative or just submitting a sponsor letter is enough?
4. Should we instead consider just straight away going for supervisa (ties still a problem?) or sponsoring PR?

My parents situation is similar in terms of being retired and ties, although I have a working sister back home and have some properties and house.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Posting my queries here since a new thread is still under review!

Me and my wife are PR holders and working with a family income of 160k.
We want to apply vistor visas for our parents. My wife's mother is a widow and retired with no fininacial assets back home. Wife is the only child. So, she will be applying with an invitation and sponsor letter from my wife stating that we will be covering her expenses for the trip. We both have jobs with three years of tax returns in Canada, so we can submit our bank statements, pay slips and tax returns for financials. The proposed stay would be for two weeks. Wife will be filling and submitting the application using mother in law's account.

But just wondering,
1. Is there a high chance of rejection? (as I have seen quite a few cases even with good financials back home rejected)
2. Is there anyway we can justify regarding going back home as I see the major problem can be lack of ties which we cannot help! It is what it is.
3. Should my wife sign as a representative or just submitting a sponsor letter is enough?
4. Should we instead consider just straight away going for supervisa (ties still a problem?) or sponsoring PR?

My parents situation is similar in terms of being retired and ties, although I have a working sister back home and have some properties and house.
Go for supervisa is she doesn’t have her own funds. Cannot sponsor for PR if you have not been selected in the lottery and didn’t submit a profile in 2020.

kinnudreamz

Dec 1, 2019
Thank you for your response.

Just wanted to update that we took a shot by applying visitor visa for my Mother in law. In her application we mentioned that her stay ( 2 weeks) will be financially supported by my wife and me. As supporting documents we submitted a notarized invitation letter saying we will cover her expenses and attached both our tax returns along with 3 months joint bank statements and salary slips. She did not have any assets back home nor any significant Bank statements so we did not submit any from her end.

She got her biometrics done on 3rd January and got passport submission letter on 12th January!

Now we are wondering if we should just go the same route for my parents too just to keep it simple as they are also not working. Or is it better to still include proof of assets (house, land etc) and their bank statements too!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response.

Just wanted to update that we took a shot by applying visitor visa for my Mother in law. In her application we mentioned that her stay ( 2 weeks) will be financially supported by my wife and me. As supporting documents we submitted a notarized invitation letter saying we will cover her expenses and attached both our tax returns along with 3 months joint bank statements and salary slips. She did not have any assets back home nor any significant Bank statements so we did not submit any from her end.

She got her biometrics done on 3rd January and got passport submission letter on 12th January!

Now we are wondering if we should just go the same route for my parents too just to keep it simple as they are also not working. Or is it better to still include proof of assets (house, land etc) and their bank statements too!
Tough to say since IRCC is approving people without actually looking at their files these days to try and eliminate backlogs. Your MIL may have gotten very lucky given her profile shouldn’t have been approved that quickly and without any of her own funds plus a single parent to an only child. It would be better to include all the documents in case an IRCC employee looks at your parent’s application.

Reactions: kinnudreamz

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks TiniTan28

I used the new portal, as I heard its processing time is quite quicker than the GCKey. This was true in my parent's TRV processing, so I suggest going with the new portal.

Link: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Hope this helps!
Processing times vary depending on whether your application has been selected for AI processing or manual processing. In other cases IRCC are giving bulk approvals not even looking at applications because IRCC feels that this will help with backlogs. What it has allowed is very large number of future asylum seekers getting approved with minimal funds, no to little travel history, etc. Applications on all platforms can take a few weeks to multiple months depending on what type processing is required for their application. Has less to do with what portal for example.

Akrati Saxena

Mar 8, 2024
congratulation
did you use the new portal or gcKey?
Hi, can you please share what documents you submitted to support your application? My mother-in-law is visiting USA, we intend to apply Canada visit visa for her from the USA. Any idea, what additional details we need to submit in case applying from outside the home country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, can you please share what documents you submitted to support your application? My mother-in-law is visiting USA, we intend to apply Canada visit visa for her from the USA. Any idea, what additional details we need to submit in case applying from outside the home country?
Too late now but you have a much better chance of approval when applying from your home country because it is easier to show strong ties to your home country from within your home country. How long is she going to be in the US and when does she wan to travel to Canada and for how long? Ties to her home country showing that she will be returning home after her visit and proof of liquid funds and assets are most important.