+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after PPR & passport submission?

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Hello all,

I received a PPR email and submitted my passport to the nearest VFS as instructed. The email mentioned I had 30 days and I submitted it within about a week. The passport has been dispatched to the IRCC office where it has now been under processing for about 12 days. No change in my CIC account application status. Two quick questions:

1. Am I supposed to inform IRCC via a webform/ or by replying via email that I have submitted my passport as requested (the 30 day limit is fast approaching). Are there any other steps I need to take after submitting except to wait? Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything before the time allotted runs out.
2. I read that it usually takes 2-3 weeks for approval, will my CIC account then change its status?

Thanks so much.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello all,

I received a PPR email and submitted my passport to the nearest VFS as instructed. The email mentioned I had 30 days and I submitted it within about a week. The passport has been dispatched to the IRCC office where it has now been under processing for about 12 days. No change in my CIC account application status. Two quick questions:

1. Am I supposed to inform IRCC via a webform/ or by replying via email that I have submitted my passport as requested (the 30 day limit is fast approaching). Are there any other steps I need to take after submitting except to wait? Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything before the time allotted runs out.
2. I read that it usually takes 2-3 weeks for approval, will my CIC account then change its status?

Thanks so much.
First of all, congratulations!

Second, no you don't need to inform IRCC. I'm in the same boat for now, my passports are with IRCC for more than 10 days now. From what I read in the other threads/comments - most of the things that are "in progress" in your GCKey will stay that way till you land in Canada.

We don't have to inform IRCC on our end. They are at the end receiving your passports against your UCI.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello all,

Thanks so much.

Second, no you don't need to inform IRCC. I'm in the same boat for now, my passports are with IRCC for more than 10 days now. From what I read in the other threads/comments - most of the things that are "in progress" in your GCKey will stay that way till you land in Canada.

We don't have to inform IRCC on our end. They are at the end receiving your passports against your UCI.

1. No need to inform IRCC. Just make sure with VFS that the passports have been delivered to IRCC
2. Your application status will change to "Approved" once your passport is stamped with one time entry PR visa and CoPR is printed. The application will be updated with counterfoil details.

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hi guys How are you?
I received RFV email today and trying to get the right information. My COR is Istanbul,Turkey.
All I have is just an email with me right now. My questions are below.
1) I have to take print of the email? as I have not received any document as mentioned in the email.
2) What about details they have asked like eye color, height etc. Where to write that?
3) I have to go to VFS office or direct embassy? 4) I have only one email as main applicant with main applicant's UCI only. I have 2 dependents. What about their passports?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
hi guys How are you?
I received RFV email today and trying to get the right information. My COR is Istanbul,Turkey.
All I have is just an email with me right now. My questions are below.
1) I have to take print of the email? as I have not received any document as mentioned in the email.
2) What about details they have asked like eye color, height etc. Where to write that?
3) I have to go to VFS office or direct embassy? 4) I have only one email as main applicant with main applicant's UCI only. I have 2 dependents. What about their passports?
Next steps, you will have to a book an appointment with VFS. Use the link in RFV mail for that.

Documents needed:
1. Photographs (carefully read dimensions) with no editing on your body (face, hair, etc) and address of the studio + date the photo was taken + one more info that I can't recall on the back of photo.
2. Eye color and other details aren't asked by IRCC these days. But I still wrote mine on a A4 sized whitepaper (just in case) and sent along with my application.
3. You need as many prints of the RFV email as there are applicants. For example, if you got a dependent - each application will get a RFV printed copy.
4. There are consent forms to attach.

If there are two people in your application in total, there'll be two envelopes. Either book an appointment on VFS to drop your application in person select a two way courier service. While selecting anything, the process is similar to BIL. Select the number of applicants and that should be it.

The email is very self explanatory in the next steps. I'd suggest you read it again in case I missed something.

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
1. No need to inform IRCC. Just make sure with VFS that the passports have been delivered to IRCC
2. Your application status will change to "Approved" once your passport is stamped with one time entry PR visa and CoPR is printed. The application will be updated with counterfoil details.
Thanks all for your replies and suggestions. IRCC had my passport from the 1st of March. I received an email update from VFS saying my 'decision envelope' has been sent from IRCC to the Visa Application Centre. I'm assuming this means the visa has been stamped? I'm a bit worried because nothing has changed in terms of my application status, which still just reads 'submitted/ processing'. Will it take a few days for it to change to 'approved' now that it has left the IRCC office?

For those still waiting, I think it will only be a few more days, it took 16 days once it reached the IRCC office.

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021

Thanks, I appreciate it! I hope the application status changes to 'approved' now that the envelope has left the IRCC office and there's no unpleasant surprises.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks, I appreciate it! I hope the application status changes to 'approved' now that the envelope has left the IRCC office and there's no unpleasant surprises.
Your IRCC office is IRCC Delhi too? I got my 'decision envelop" email today too. Nothing to worry about when it comes to the GCKey. Your everything else will be marked completed once you land with your COPR.

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Your IRCC office is IRCC Delhi too? I got my 'decision envelop" email today too. Nothing to worry about when it comes to the GCKey. Your everything else will be marked completed once you land with your COPR.
Yep, Delhi. Did you get the email from VFS or was it from IRCC? No updates to your GC key either?

I read on multiple threads here that usually as soon as the counterfoil/ visa is placed in the passport the GC Key account status tends to update to approved and it lists the counterfoil expiry date. Is that no longer the case?

Hopefully we don’t face any issues with mixed-up dates or spelling errors like many people :) good luck to you and thanks for your patience with all my questions.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yep, Delhi. Did you get the email from VFS or was it from IRCC? No updates to your GC key either?

I read on multiple threads here that usually as soon as the counterfoil/ visa is placed in the passport the GC Key account status tends to update to approved and it lists the counterfoil expiry date. Is that no longer the case?

Hopefully we don’t face any issues with mixed-up dates or spelling errors like many people :) good luck to you and thanks for your patience with all my questions.
Seems like IRCC Delhi is batch processing passports too. Lets hope for the best :)

msrIND2CAN

Mar 13, 2023
P

Please let me know about your envelope decision I have submitted my passport on 2nd March at VFS and received by IRCC on 6th

Zephyrstraint

Apr 13, 2021
Seems like IRCC Delhi is batch processing passports too. Lets hope for the best :)
Absolutely. Any change in your application status on your CIC account so far?

P

Please let me know about your envelope decision I have submitted my passport on 2nd March at VFS and received by IRCC on 6th
sure, will do. Try not to worry, they wouldn’t ask for your passport only to decline your application surely :)

Reactions: msrIND2CAN