+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of applying for Bridging open work permit

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
hi guys,

I applied my BOWP on last week of May 2017 (online application) and I just want to know does CIC issue WP in the time frame what they shows on website which is 52 or 56 days? or it may take longer than that?

If anyone applied or received their please share your timeline.

Thank you
Hello there,
I am also going to apply BOWP. Actually, I need your Little help.
When I created a profile in CIC, It shows me two options.
  • Work Permit Extension
  • Open work permit
May you please assist me what option do I need to follow up for applying the BOWP and what documents did you attach with your application?
Do I need a Letter of Support from the province for apply?
I will be much appreciated if you can help me out.

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello there,
I am also going to apply BOWP. Actually, I need your Little help.
When I created a profile in CIC, It shows me two options.
  • Work Permit Extension
  • Open work permit
May you please assist me what option do I need to follow up for applying the BOWP and what documents did you attach with your application?
Do I need a Letter of Support from the province for apply?
I will be much appreciated if you can help me out.
you can select either of the option because when you fill out your (IMM 5710, if I am correct correct) at very end you have to mention why you need new work permit, there you can mention that my old work will expire on so and so date and my PR application is under process but I didn't received any answer from CIC so please issue me new WP.
other than that if you have PNP letter put that no harm in that, put your last three pay stub, if married put you mrg certificate, (your spuous's pay stubs if working), your passport and current WP scan copy, letter of explanation and your work history (if I miss anything go by the chceklist) and apply only online, they are very lazy in paper applications.

good luck :)

Reactions: AlexandraO

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
you can select either of the option because when you fill out your (IMM 5710, if I am correct correct) at very end you have to mention why you need new work permit, there you can mention that my old work will expire on so and so date and my PR application is under process but I didn't received any answer from CIC so please issue me new WP.
other than that if you have PNP letter put that no harm in that, put your last three pay stub, if married put you mrg certificate, (your spuous's pay stubs if working), your passport and current WP scan copy, letter of explanation and your work history (if I miss anything go by the chceklist) and apply only online, they are very lazy in paper applications.

good luck :)
hi can you guide me in applying bowp becoz my work permit gonna expire in sep 2017,iam a bcpnp nominee and applied for pr paper based,got aor in march.i would like to apply for my wife at the same time with my bowp.can i do that what all i need to do online.plz help me

Reactions: AlexandraO

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
hi can you guide me in applying bowp becoz my work permit gonna expire in sep 2017,iam a bcpnp nominee and applied for pr paper based,got aor in march.i would like to apply for my wife at the same time with my bowp.can i do that what all i need to do online.plz help me
To apply online, login to MYCIC account, then click on Apply for visitor visa, study or work permit and complete all the questionnaires, at the end they will give you one or two options based on the answers you gave, go for extend your stay in canada or (something like) extend your work permit option (if there is one).
when you click one of the option, it has names of all the required forms and documents which you have to submit. fill out those forms, pay fees and good to go.:)

here is the link for those forms "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp"
if you can't open the forms in chrome, try open in explorer or restart you PC and try in explorer.

buzz me if you need any help in that during that.:D

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
To apply online, login to MYCIC account, then click on Apply for visitor visa, study or work permit and complete all the questionnaires, at the end they will give you one or two options based on the answers you gave, go for extend your stay in canada or (something like) extend your work permit option (if there is one).
when you click one of the option, it has names of all the required forms and documents which you have to submit. fill out those forms, pay fees and good to go.:)

here is the link for those forms "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp"
if you can't open the forms in chrome, try open in explorer or restart you PC and try in explorer.

buzz me if you need any help in that during that.:D
for the question have u told b the ircc that u r approved in principle ---- yes or no

can i appl for m extension and for my wife workpermit at same time she is in india.plz help me

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
for the question have u told b the ircc that u r approved in principle ---- yes or no

can i appl for m extension and for my wife workpermit at same time she is in india.plz help me
As far as I know, while you are here (and your spouse in India) and applying for extension you can not add your spouse in your application, if she is here then only can apply at the same time for the extension for both of you in one application (In which you are the main applicant)

Because I had same situation like yours, but I extend my WP first then I put her file to join me in Canada (so she gets the WP with the same expiry date as mine) after she came here and when our WP about to expire then I put her name under my application (me as principle applicant, applied for both of us in same file) and we both got our separate Work Permits with same end date.

So try not to include your wife's name while she is in India and you are in Canada. (or you can call to CIC for accurate info).

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
As far as I know, while you are here (and your spouse in India) and applying for extension you can not add your spouse in your application, if she is here then only can apply at the same time for the extension for both of you in one application (In which you are the main applicant)

Because I had same situation like yours, but I extend my WP first then I put her file to join me in Canada (so she gets the WP with the same expiry date as mine) after she came here and when our WP about to expire then I put her name under my application (me as principle applicant, applied for both of us in same file) and we both got our separate Work Permits with same end date.

So try not to include your wife's name while she is in India and you are in Canada. (or you can call to CIC for accurate info).
thank you very much man.and what about the question yes or no.if i put no asking for supporting letter and other things

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
thank you very much man.and what about the question yes or no.if i put no asking for supporting letter and other things
what exactly the question is and what supporting documents they ask you for?

if they ask for some supporting documents which you don't have or which is irrelevant to your application (like LMIA or trade certificate, even though it's not fall under your job) simply attach an explanation letter, describing why you are not providing that document or letter to them.

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
what exactly the question is and what supporting documents they ask you for?

if they ask for some supporting documents which you don't have or which is irrelevant to your application (like LMIA or trade certificate, even though it's not fall under your job) simply attach an explanation letter, describing why you are not providing that document or letter to them.
while we are answering the questioneer one of the question is have you told by the ircc that you are approved in principle for pr ! is that the aor we got.

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017

HI strawberry do i need to provide duration of employement in the form for bowp,what do we need to submit in the letter of explanation slot.plz help me

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
HI strawberry do i need to provide duration of employement in the form for bowp,what do we need to submit in the letter of explanation slot.plz help me
Yes you have to provide your duration of employment (I provided my present job offer letter and last 3 pay stubs with application),

And I don't remember the answer of your previous question "approved principle applicant". (I think I selected NO in that but not sure about that) sorry for that.

This is my explanation letter format for your reference,

Name : YOUR NAME

Address : YOUR ADDRESS

Phone :

Email :

Date : Date when you submit your application

To,

Consular Officer

Consulate General of Canada

Immigration Section

Sub : BRIDGE OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION

Dear Consular Officer,

I, YOUR NAME, applying for a bridge open work permit as my current post graduate work permit will expire on EXPIRY DATE. I have submitted an application for Permanent Residence in Canada through Provincial Nominee Program and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from centralized intake office on DATE WHEN YOU RECEIVED YOU AOR.

UCI : YOUR UCI NUMBER

Permanent Residence Application No : YOUR FILE NUMBER

Please find the following attached documents to support my application:

1) Photo copy of Acknowledgement of Receipt e-mail received from CIO.

2) Photo copy of my current Post Graduate Work Permit.

3) Photo copy of AINP Nomination Certificate. (IF YOU HAVE ONE)

4) Photo copy of current job offer and pay stub.

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR FULL NAME

Reactions: DPT

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
Yes you have to provide your duration of employment (I provided my present job offer letter and last 3 pay stubs with application),

And I don't remember the answer of your previous question "approved principle applicant". (I think I selected NO in that but not sure about that) sorry for that.

This is my explanation letter format for your reference,

Name : YOUR NAME

Address : YOUR ADDRESS

Phone :

Email :

Date : Date when you submit your application

thanks man is the bowp is for everybody or only for express entry applicants.can pnp paper based pr applicants can apply for bowp
To,

Consular Officer

Consulate General of Canada

Immigration Section

Sub : BRIDGE OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION

Dear Consular Officer,

I, YOUR NAME, applying for a bridge open work permit as my current post graduate work permit will expire on EXPIRY DATE. I have submitted an application for Permanent Residence in Canada through Provincial Nominee Program and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from centralized intake office on DATE WHEN YOU RECEIVED YOU AOR.

UCI : YOUR UCI NUMBER

Permanent Residence Application No : YOUR FILE NUMBER

Please find the following attached documents to support my application:

1) Photo copy of Acknowledgement of Receipt e-mail received from CIO.

2) Photo copy of my current Post Graduate Work Permit.

3) Photo copy of AINP Nomination Certificate. (IF YOU HAVE ONE)

4) Photo copy of current job offer and pay stub.

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR FULL NAME

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Hi team,

Can we do flag pulling for the work permit extension?
I have OINP nomination and I am already working in Ontario.

Can I extend my work permit based on OINP nomination & bu doing flag pulling?

Please advise.

okure

Jun 13, 2016
Hi there,
I am about to apply BOWP because my PGWP is expired in 4 months.
I have applied permanent resident application under BCPNP February and got AOR email April this year.

I have a few questions about my spouse's work permit:

As I read Operational Bulletin 485-A,
"For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant’s occupation."
Reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

There is a online questionnaire that asks "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?"
Do you think I should choose yes? or no?

Thanks for your time to read.

Endless

Jul 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney-ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-03-16
Doc's Request.
16-10-16
Nomination.....
1-3-16
AOR Received.