+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of applying for Bridging open work permit

Pritut

May 12, 2016
Hello,

I received my Application number for my PR application through PNP in April and now I want to apply for Bridging open work permit. There are not employer restrictions in my PNP letter. Could you please tell me the procedure to apply for BOWP? I went to CIC's website and it is directing me to normal Open work permit application(IMM5710E). Is that the application for BOWP? Is yes, how would cic officials know it is for BOWP? Please help!

Thank you!

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Pritut said:
Hello,

I received my Application number for my PR application through PNP in April and now I want to apply for Bridging open work permit. There are not employer restrictions in my PNP letter. Could you please tell me the procedure to apply for BOWP? I went to CIC's website and it is directing me to normal Open work permit application(IMM5710E). Is that the application for BOWP? Is yes, how would cic officials know it is for BOWP? Please help!

Thank you!
You need to attach your PNP nomination letter with your Work permit extend online/paper application .... CIC will extend your work permit ...

If you fill Determine your eligibility on cic.gc.ca, it would let you know the required documents .... Good Luck ...

Pritut

May 12, 2016
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did fill out the eligibility questions and it took me to a normal open work permit application. The docusments required are only a copy of my passport and work permit. SHould I upload the pnp letter in optional documents?

Thanks!

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Pritut said:
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did fill out the eligibility questions and it took me to a normal open work permit application. The docusments required are only a copy of my passport and work permit. SHould I upload the pnp letter in optional documents?

Thanks!
Recheck your Answers ....

For this Q: Which Situation best describes your work situation
You should select I am a provincial nominee certificate holder.

dkr1989

Jul 4, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have an Open Work permit which is due to expire in 4 months. I have Ontario Provincial Nomination and have applied for PNP based PR. I have Acknowledgement of Receipt IRCC for my PR application.
I need a little help regarding Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I tried to apply online. There I went through a questionnaire and at the end it said I can apply for work permit extension with following supporting documents.

1) Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required) (clicking on ? (help) gives "Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.")
2) Passport (required)
3) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (clicking on ? (help) gives "If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification.")
4) Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)
5) Employer Questionnaire and Declaration (required)(clicking on ? (help) gives a link to a list of question which generates not found error)
6) Offer of Employment (required)
7) Digital photo (required)

I don't have 1st, 3rd and 5th. I can ask my employer to fill the 5th document if only I can get that Employer Questionnaire and Declaration form. Also this is not what is given on CIC website regarding BOWP eligibility parameters. Also online it says I need to pay only $155 where as I thought its $255. I am a bit confused here about what to do. Please let me know if you have any related experience. Thanks a lot for reading through my problem. Any help to clarify this situation will be much appreciated.

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
dkr1989 said:
Hello everyone,
I have an Open Work permit which is due to expire in 4 months. I have Ontario Provincial Nomination and have applied for PNP based PR. I have Acknowledgement of Receipt IRCC for my PR application.
I need a little help regarding Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I tried to apply online. There I went through a questionnaire and at the end it said I can apply for work permit extension with following supporting documents.

1) Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required) (clicking on ? (help) gives "Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.")
2) Passport (required)
3) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (clicking on ? (help) gives "If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification.")
4) Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)
5) Employer Questionnaire and Declaration (required)(clicking on ? (help) gives a link to a list of question which generates not found error)
6) Offer of Employment (required)
7) Digital photo (required)

I don't have 1st, 3rd and 5th. I can ask my employer to fill the 5th document if only I can get that Employer Questionnaire and Declaration form. Also this is not what is given on CIC website regarding BOWP eligibility parameters. Also online it says I need to pay only $155 where as I thought its $255. I am a bit confused here about what to do. Please let me know if you have any related experience. Thanks a lot for reading through my problem. Any help to clarify this situation will be much appreciated.
Hello
I think you made mistake in your questionnaire. You should've selected YES for this:
Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
-Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
-Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
-Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
-Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
-Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

YES applies to -Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) It means you got your AOR
Then you will not have 1st, 3rd and 5th documents in your checklist. Attach your AOR and nomination to explanation letter. Do not forget to combine your files.

Hope it will help. Good luck.

dkr1989

Jul 4, 2016
Thanks a lot for your reply. However that doesn't make much sense because I am neither a spouse nor a common-law partner or a dependent child of a person but the principal applicant. The very next question is "Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" to which I said yes. I will try it and see what it results into. Thanks for reply again.

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
dkr1989 said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. However that doesn't make much sense because I am neither a spouse nor a common-law partner or a dependent child of a person but the principal applicant. The very next question is "Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" to which I said yes. I will try it and see what it results into. Thanks for reply again.
Sorry, I didn't notice that CIC has changed some questions.
Does one of the following apply to you?
-I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
-I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
-I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
-I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
-I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
-I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
Protected Persons in Canada
Live-in Caregiver in Canada

There were no classes mentioned in this question (a few weeks ago), so I put YES

dkr1989

Jul 4, 2016
Ohh that means they have changed it recently. That is scary because I hope they haven't changed the conditions for BOWP recently.

davey

Jun 27, 2016
natdn said:
Recheck your Answers ....

For this Q: Which Situation best describes your work situation
You should select I am a provincial nominee certificate holder.
Hello,
for those of us under CEC with open work permits, what answer should we choose?

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
Pritut said:
Thanks! So, I just fill out the normal application then.
Yes. imm form, passport, photo and documents mentioned above. I would also attach a job offer to the explanation letter. If you are not merried that's all you need.

raj kamal

Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys need help here I m going to apply for bridging open work permit online do I need to attach medical report along with the application I have not done my medical yet n I have not received for medical request so what should I attach on medical report box while applying online .thanks