+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of applying for Bridging open work permit

jocker

Jun 4, 2016
raj kamal said:
Hi guys need help here I m going to apply for bridging open work permit online do I need to attach medical report along with the application I have not done my medical yet n I have not received for medical request so what should I attach on medical report box while applying online .thanks
If your answers to the questions in medical part of the questionnaire are correct (double check them) and you got medical required in your check list, you must provide valid ME.

Newwibe

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
I was checking all the checklists for bowp .. do i need to add job letter while applying bowp... i heard u just need pnp certificate, aor and current wp and fee that's it... do I really have to have job letter and pnp letter again ?

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
natdn said:
You need to attach your PNP nomination letter with your Work permit extend online/paper application .... CIC will extend your work permit ...

If you fill Determine your eligibility on cic.gc.ca, it would let you know the required documents .... Good Luck ...
Hi! I also have a question related to BOWP application process. Could you please help?

The CIC instructions say:
Select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your application form (IMM 5710) but in the form actually there is no "open work permit" option.
Instead I can see:
1) A work permit with the same employer
2) An initial work permit or work permit with the new employer

I'm confused. What I have to select?

On the one hand I'm going to continue my work with the same employer (but it's hardly can be considered as an open work permit).
On the other hand it's not the initial work permit (as I currently have my PGWP) and I'm also not going to change employer now.

Please help me to fill this form correctly as it's critically important for me. Thanks!

stan_kr3w

Jan 17, 2017
Judlu said:
Hi! I also have a question related to BOWP application process. Could you please help?

The CIC instructions say:
Select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your application form (IMM 5710) but in the form actually there is no "open work permit" option.
Instead I can see:
1) A work permit with the same employer
2) An initial work permit or work permit with the new employer

I'm confused. What I have to select?

On the one hand I'm going to continue my work with the same employer (but it's hardly can be considered as an open work permit).
On the other hand it's not the initial work permit (as I currently have my PGWP) and I'm also not going to change employer now.

Please help me to fill this form correctly as it's critically important for me. Thanks!
You need to select "A work permit with the same employer". You'll still receive an open work permit. Just got mine yesterday.

Reactions: AlexandraO

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
stan_kr3w said:
You need to select "A work permit with the same employer". You'll still receive an open work permit. Just got mine yesterday.
But I don't provide any details in application about the employer, is it correct? Otherwise, as I've heard, it can be considered like I need specific-to-employer WP, and I may be required to provide LMIA (which I don;t have).

And the second question is: if I don't point the exact employer, how can I provide "location of intended employment"? The form requires to fill not only the province but the city and address which is weird for me. And without this information the form cannot be validated...

stan_kr3w

Jan 17, 2017
Judlu said:
But I don't provide any details in application about the employer, is it correct? Otherwise, as I've heard, it can be considered like I need specific-to-employer WP, and I may be required to provide LMIA (which I don;t have).
You need to provide your current employer information but you will still receive an open work permit since it a BOWP you're applying for.

Judlu said:
And the second question is: if I don't point the exact employer, how can I provide "location of intended employment"? The form requires to fill not only the province but the city and address which is weird for me. And without this information the form cannot be validated...
I provided the city of my current employment (and it is mentioned on the actual BOWP I reseived) but I don't have any restrictions in regards to other employment. I'm working 2nd job in a different city.

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
pid91 said:
How long is the Bridge open work permit usually?
I think they issue it for an extra year.

Nitesh2003

Mar 7, 2017
Hi, Need help related to applying bridging open work permit. I have only left 4 month of open work permit. I got my NTNP with the Employer restriction "yes" and hoping to submit my federal file by the end of this month. I will get AOR may be in 3 months. So when I apply for bridge open work permit with the Federal file no and NTNP (Employer restriction "YES"). Do i get chance of getting open work permit If yes than what is the process of applying that bridging open work permit. I did some research and found that Its a 50 50 chance and depend on how you apply. Please help me on this I am very confused. waiting for reply.

thank you.

Reactions: AlexandraO

Nitesh2003

Mar 7, 2017
Nitesh2003 said:
Hi, Need help related to applying bridging open work permit. I have only left 4 month of open work permit. I got my NTNP with the Employer restriction "yes" and hoping to submit my federal file by the end of this month. I will get AOR may be in 3 months. So when I apply for bridge open work permit with the Federal file no and NTNP (Employer restriction "YES"). Do i get chance of getting open work permit If yes than what is the process of applying that bridging open work permit. I did some research and found that Its a 50 50 chance and depend on how you apply. Please help me on this I am very confused. waiting for reply.

thank you.

Rajveer

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/10/2014[Bc PNP]
Nomination.....
25/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/2016
Med's Request
01/02/2016
Med's Done....
04/02/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2017
LANDED..........
09/05/2017
Nitesh2003 said:

thank you.
Your employer restriction needs to NO in order for you to apply for Bridging open work permit.. you will have to get a closed work permit.

senecanking

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hello,

I applied for PR under CEC and applying for BOWP. Please someone help with following questions.

For this Q: Which Situation best describes your work situation

what answer should we choose?

No options applied to me. If I choose "None of Above". It prompts me that I cannot apply.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
senecanking said:
Hello,

I applied for PR under CEC and applying for BOWP. Please someone help with following questions.

For this Q: Which Situation best describes your work situation

what answer should we choose?

No options applied to me. If I choose "None of Above". It prompts me that I cannot apply.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
What are your options? I just put my app together last night.

trune

May 22, 2015
Hi everyone!

I put my Permanent Residency application in, yay! However, I need to apply for the Bridging Open Work Permit as my WHP runs out in about 6 weeks. It tells me to apply for a regular open work permit and attach the form that CIC sent when I transmitted application, however when I am in my application profile area, I cannot seem to work out how to apply for an Open Work Permit? When I click to start the process through 'International Experience Canada' I don't have the requisite 'code' to continue that process, and then when I go through the process to work out eligibility, it is saying that I don't have eligibility for that? Do I just go through the questionnaire again (in case I entered something in incorrectly) or is there another process?

Bit confused here.

Thanks for the help!

Strawberry909

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
Sep, 2016
Nomination.....
Dec, 2015
AOR Received.
March, 2016
Med's Request
Jan, 2017
Med's Done....
Jan, 2017
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
Oct, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
INLAND
hi guys,

I applied my BOWP on last week of May 2017 (online application) and I just want to know does CIC issue WP in the time frame what they shows on website which is 52 or 56 days? or it may take longer than that?

If anyone applied or received their please share your timeline.

Thank you

Reactions: lovecanada001