+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission to Embassy of Canada Abu Dhabi for PPR - COPR Please Connect here

Othman Haj Salem

Star Member
Jun 11, 2023
Damn! My company holds my passport usually and so I have to return back the passport to my company in two weeks but judging by the experiences posted on this thread, it can take upto a month I guess.
You can talk to the VFS agents and explain your situation to them so maybe they can expedite your application. But I don't believe that it's legal in the UAE for a company to hold your passport.

annmelindaa

Jul 18, 2023
Yes I did Alhamdulillah. By the looks of it the processing time for PR is 37 days since the date of the passports being received at the IRCC office. But this is only for applications within the UAE.
Damn 37 days is a long time! But was it also due to the EID holidays that affected the timeline? I have also submitted at the Abu Dhabi office!

Reactions: senbliss

tonytitus

Jul 19, 2023
You mean on VFS? Yes i did, all the say is, they have no control over IRCC.
And if its the IRCC page, well, EE processing time including biometrics and passport submission is 7 months.
I think i am at 4 months in that case.

Also, I went through VFS for my submission, not a direct submission so honestly not sure which reference to use.

Last edited: