+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

canada nature

Star Member
Sep 2, 2023
Same here, the processing time on the application portal is scary - I applied for visitor visa for a conference mid-September and hoping for a best - especially with tickets fare rising every day.
- Application Submitted: 26th July
- Biometrics Enrolment: 28th July
No further updates yet.

What is your timeline, @titiabi?
did you get your visa at the end?

Ad11

Sep 8, 2023
Finally got my passport collection email today.
Passport submission:3rd August
Collection email: 14th September.
Thanks guys and goodluck.

Ad11

Sep 8, 2023
Sorry i asked twice . Were you tracking your application like checking what stage is it? i have been waiting now 5 weeks and my background verification still stuck
I did, but it doesn’t really make a difference as you will get an email for passport request

julesan902

Sep 15, 2023
So - is it really an average of nine weeks people are seeing from VO London? Found this thread yesterday, VO London received the PPR package (copy of PP) on September 6. Are we SOL for nine weeks? I feel so foolish for being even somewhat optimistic about the CoPR timeline (less than four weeks).

ammarvahora

Sep 15, 2023
Guys, a quick question. When I submitted mine and my dependents' passports to the VFS London, I paid the return courier fees for one package only (I probably should have paid for each individual passports, right). The VFS did not say anything about this, and processed our passports and sent them to IRCC. But, when they sent to IRCC, VFS generated separate tracking numbers for each passport. My question is, when they will receive the passports back from IRCC, will they put them in one envelope and send me one courier or will they ask me to pay the courier fees for additional passports or anything else?
did you get your passport back? Do they ask additional amount for your dependent? I had the same issue. I have some questions. how i do mail through Royal Mail? and how do I pay for courier services at VFS London? please reply me. I got a passport request today.

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015
did you get your passport back? Do they ask additional amount for your dependent? I had the same issue. I have some questions. how i do mail through Royal Mail? and how do I pay for courier services at VFS London? please reply me. I got a passport request today.
1/ You have to pay courier fee per passport. 2/ I would recommend you send them the passports by DHL with proper tracking (instead of Royal Mail). 3/ For the paying courier fees (as well as package transmission fees) refer to this link: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can/additional-services They have included their bank details. You transfer the funds to them and then include a copy of your bank statement showing that the specific amount was transferred to their account. In the cover letter, include the breakup of your payment. 4/ Check this link to ascertain how much package transmission fee you need to pay: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can/passport-submission

canada nature

Star Member
Sep 2, 2023
May i ask how long it took for you guys to get passport req? when did you apply?

sjmartin30

Jun 24, 2023
It’s been exactly 8 weeks as of today for us (Wednesday 19th July is the day IRCC London has received our package according to the VFS Global tracker email - but no news since).
Someone else on this thread finally got their visa after 9 weeks…
Will let you know if I hear anything next week.
Hi VitaMin07 any updates for you? We submitted our package on July 20th in Helsinki. Just received an update Sep 11 that decision is made and documents released to London VAC but no updates since..... Very frustrated

VitaMin07

Sep 11, 2023
Hi!! So finally some news today after 9 weeks! Patience is really key, what a journey… It has been so frustrating as this was the last step but also the longest one.
We received our email this morning saying the decision enveloppe has been dispatched from the IRCC office.
And we also received a notification from the main Canada gvt website (GCKey) and our status has changed to “Permanent Residency Approved”.
So now we are just waiting for another email (hopefully this week) confirming CoPRs are ready for pick-up from the London VFS office (we didn’t take the home courrier service as we didn’t want to risk delays or our visas getting lost in the post, and we work relatively close to the VFS office so will just go pick the visas up ourselves).

Hi VitaMin07 any updates for you? We submitted our package on July 20th in Helsinki. Just received an update Sep 11 that decision is made and documents released to London VAC but no updates since..... Very frustrated