+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

titiabi

Aug 1, 2023
Anyone here applied for your visitor visa from the UK recently? What is your timeline? I'm a bit intimidated by the estimated processing time of 285 days.

xurdeeq

Aug 3, 2023
Anyone here applied for your visitor visa from the UK recently? What is your timeline? I'm a bit intimidated by the estimated processing time of 285 days.
Same here, the processing time on the application portal is scary - I applied for visitor visa for a conference mid-September and hoping for a best - especially with tickets fare rising every day.
- Application Submitted: 26th July
- Biometrics Enrolment: 28th July
No further updates yet.

What is your timeline, @titiabi?

helsinki_can

Aug 11, 2023
Hello All!

I received the Original Passport Request letter today (11th August). Had Applied on 24th July via VFS Helsinki.

From what I understand the Passports from Nordics are sent to London for stamping (saw a few cases from Stockholm). I will submit the passport on Monday (14th August), but I am traveling to the US on the 1st of September. How long does passport stamping take these days? Is it too risky to submit my passport? (I can't postpone my flight to the US).

Would be grateful for any answer!

PS - This is for the Temporary Residence/Visitor visa.

veera2000

Aug 14, 2023
Hey everyone, my husband submitted his photos, the email printout, and a photocopy of his passport (as visa-exempt). The vfs tracking says that it’s been received and is under process by the IRCC since the 23rd
of June, today is Aug 14th, 37 wirling days since submission.but since then there has been no acknowledgment from the IRCC or any other kind of communication from anywhere . We are getting worried, is this normal? How long does issuing a COPR take?

ram2023

Aug 20, 2023
Hello!

Posting my case here as well.
I submitted my passport to VFS in Stockholm on July 6th after receiving the passport submission request for my PR application. My passport was sent to IRCC processing Centre at London and I received that notification on July 7th and have received no updates since then.
Curious if anyone knows about the recent processing times for passport submission at the London office.

Thanks & Regards,
Ram

RvKS1990

Apr 3, 2023
Posting ours here too, my wife, me and child submitted ours for confirmation of permanent residency at VFS London on the 18th July, it arrived with IRCC and started processing on the 19th July (9 weeks today) but nothing since then. Hopefully we'll be able to update soon if we get ours but look forward to seeing how long it takes for others.

Glad it's not just ours taking so long.

RvKS1990

Apr 3, 2023
Hey everyone, my husband submitted his photos, the email printout, and a photocopy of his passport (as visa-exempt). The vfs tracking says that it’s been received and is under process by the IRCC since the 23rd
of June, today is Aug 14th, 37 wirling days since submission.but since then there has been no acknowledgment from the IRCC or any other kind of communication from anywhere . We are getting worried, is this normal? How long does issuing a COPR take?
Hi, Has your husband received his back yet? @ram2023 anything back on yours yet?

VitaMin07

Sep 11, 2023
Hi, did you receive any updates from IRCC or VFS? We have also submitted our package to VFS London on the 18th of July, and received their tracker message next day, Wednesday 19th July, ‘Your application, tracking ID No. ###### has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Wed Jul 19 2023. Regards, VFS Global’ but no news since then…
We are waiting for CoPRs rather than PR visas stamped in our passports (thank god, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to travel this summer).
I know that IRCC London is experiencing severe delays but it’s been 7 full weeks now since July 19th, entering the 8th week of patiently waiting for some news… Hoping by end of September latest we get our CoPRs sent…

Posting ours here too, my wife, me and child submitted ours for confirmation of permanent residency at VFS London on the 18th July, it arrived with IRCC and started processing on the 19th July (9 weeks today) but nothing since then. Hopefully we'll be able to update soon if we get ours but look forward to seeing how long it takes for others.

Glad it's not just ours taking so long.

RvKS1990

Apr 3, 2023
Hi, did you receive any updates from IRCC or VFS? We have also submitted our package to VFS London on the 18th of July, and received their tracker message next day, Wednesday 19th July, ‘Your application, tracking ID No. ###### has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Wed Jul 19 2023. Regards, VFS Global’ but no news since then…
We are waiting for CoPRs rather than PR visas stamped in our passports (thank god, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to travel this summer).
I know that IRCC London is experiencing severe delays but it’s been 7 full weeks now since July 19th, entering the 8th week of patiently waiting for some news… Hoping by end of September latest we get our CoPRs sent…
Hi, no nothing yet, we’ve tried calling and emailing but no luck yet.

its unlikely they’ve lost all our packages but does seem like an awfully long time.

We also didn’t have to submit our passports, maybe that’s why it’s taking so long, those who submit passports may be priority?

VitaMin07

Sep 11, 2023
It could be summer too - IRCC London seems understaffed to process considerable volumes of applications, and if most of their employees would try to take leave with June-early Sept being prime European summer months this further reduces resources. Maybe resources processing Permanent residency applications were used to help with more urgent visas like study permits for ex (universities start in August and September and I know some overseas students are still waiting for their study visas)…
Hi, no nothing yet, we’ve tried calling and emailing but no luck yet.

its unlikely they’ve lost all our packages but does seem like an awfully long time.

We also didn’t have to submit our passports, maybe that’s why it’s taking so long, those who submit passports may be priority?

Reactions: Ad11 and RvKS1990

Ad11

Sep 8, 2023
Hi guys,
Can anyone who has recently submitted passport for PR at VFS London advise their wait time. Just to assist us with managing our expectations..phew

VitaMin07

Sep 11, 2023
It’s been exactly 8 weeks as of today for us (Wednesday 19th July is the day IRCC London has received our package according to the VFS Global tracker email - but no news since).
Someone else on this thread finally got their visa after 9 weeks…
Will let you know if I hear anything next week.
Hi guys,
Can anyone who has recently submitted passport for PR at VFS London advise their wait time. Just to assist us with managing our expectations..phew

VitaMin07

Sep 11, 2023
It looks like VFS offices from the Nordics and some VFS office in the Middle East send their packages to IRCC London for handling of visas.
So IRCC London is a mega hub for visa processing, not just for UK applications through VFS London but all these other VFS offices… I think they are severely understaffed and cannot handle amounts of volumes. Sigh…
Hi everyone, has anyone heard back from London?

I don't understand how their office has the longest processing time :(

Ad11

Sep 8, 2023
It’s been exactly 8 weeks as of today for us (Wednesday 19th July is the day IRCC London has received our package according to the VFS Global tracker email - but no news since).
Someone else on this thread finally got their visa after 9 weeks…
Will let you know if I hear anything next week.
Thanks for the response. Been waiting 6 weeks now,guess I’d wait till week 9..