+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Is there anyone who's H&C application has been stuck at background check in the last 24 months?
H&C application was received by IRCC in Dec 2021.
When MP office contacted IRCC few days ago, the response are :
Criminality - in progress
Eligibility - not started
Security - not started
Medical - not started
There are no outstanding requests at this time. Application remains in queue for processing.

My confusion here is what does application remains in queue for processing really means ?

I honestly don't know what else to do.
File writ of Mandamu Application - government employees should be held accountable for not doing the work and charging application processing fees of hundreds of dollars. Unacceptable that your application is sitting untouched for 3 years. If there are no checks and balances in system, system will abuse its power. This is what IRCC is doing currently.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
File writ of Mandamu Application - government employees should be held accountable for not doing the work and charging application processing fees of hundreds of dollars. Unacceptable that your application is sitting untouched for 3 years. If there are no checks and balances in system, system will abuse its power. This is what IRCC is doing currently.
May I know if this will affect the decision of the application

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
May I know if this will affect the decision of the application
It should not have affect on decision. If this affects decision making of officer than this law loses its importance and then it means we are living in the most unjust and unlawful country which I think is not true. Yes, you need a good lawyer to file this request and I think lawyers charge unreasonable amount for this request :( yet, I will file it for my application as soon as it hits 18 months of processing times. I WILL NOT tolerate them to sit on my application and do not do any work cause if I do the same at my job I will be fired next day. Plus we are the "customer/clients" since we are the ones paying application processing fees that are part of their salaries....

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
It should not have affect on decision. If this affects decision making of officer than this law loses its importance and then it means we are living in the most unjust and unlawful country which I think is not true. Yes, you need a good lawyer to file this request and I think lawyers charge unreasonable amount for this request :( yet, I will file it for my application as soon as it hits 18 months of processing times. I WILL NOT tolerate them to sit on my application and do not do any work cause if I do the same at my job I will be fired next day. Plus we are the "customer/clients" since we are the ones paying application processing fees that are part of their salaries....
I will do the same

jayjay118

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Thank you Kate for your comment, I just received my GCMS notes from CBSA few minutes ago and information on the notes clearly indicates that the application was assigned to a 7 digit alphanumeric code while the senior officer or whom ever is responsible for the file is yet to even open the file not to talk of treating it. application due date was stated for July 1 2023 but nothing was started on the status. I will follow up with my lawyer to know the next step. this is completely inhumane to people working really hard to make a difference in the society.

Last edited:

Shaktikumar001

Dec 15, 2021
Hi, I applied for TRP November last year, it was approved today, but I have been given a remover date for next month, please is this a positive sign that my H&C will be approve soon? My H&C is 16 months now, no AIP yet.
Hey
I am thinking to apply for TRP too while my h and c application in process
However my lawyer told me that he can just simply write a letter for TRP and IRCC can use my H and C application to determine my eligibility for TRP
Can you please assist should i go ahead with TRP like that or i should file a complete separate application for TRP too

Reactions: Meggi ifeanyi

stallion1982

Star Member
Mar 31, 2023
Hey
However my lawyer told me that he can just simply write a letter for TRP and IRCC can use my H and C application to determine my eligibility for TRP
Can you please assist should i go ahead with TRP like that or i should file a complete separate application for TRP too
Sorry , but can you explain TRP? Is it just a visitor visa / record or give some thing like work permit etc? Thank you

Reactions: Robin220

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Thank you Kate for your comment, I just received my GCMS notes from CBSA few minutes ago and information on the notes clearly indicates that the application was assigned to a 7 digit alphanumeric code while the senior officer or whom ever is responsible for the file is yet to even open the file not to talk of treating it. application due date was stated for July 1 2023 but nothing was started on the status. I will follow up with my lawyer to know the next step. this is completely inhumane to people working really hard to make a difference in the society.
It's possible that they don't have enough human resources to process the applications.
They already have backlogs because of C19+Ukraine and the situation getting worse with the strike in the mid of 2023.
Just my 2 cents.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
It's possible that they don't have enough human resources to process the applications.
They already have backlogs because of C19+Ukraine and the situation getting worse with the strike in the mid of 2023.
Just my 2 cents.
Understood but we paid for application processing fees, they are saying they need 18 months to adjudicate a case, absolutely no excuse for them to sit on the application for 3 years...it's unacceptable and they should be held accountable for mistreating HC applicants and abusing this program

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011

So you are telling me since 2021 they have not touched your application??

Reactions: jayjay118

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
@Taweda Try it, maybe it would work for you.

Reactions: Taweda

Meggi ifeanyi

Jul 15, 2022
Hey
Hi, I actually applied separately, and to be specific about my application, it was an open work permit… I applied November 2023 and it was approved January…