+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave the country while waiting for my open work permit as an Iranian

alanlight

Jul 4, 2023
Hello I'm currently in Canada as tourist and I've applied for an open work permit through the temporary public policy for nationals of Iran in Canada. I wanted to know if it's possible for me to leave Canada for about 10 days (not going back to Iran, going to a different country) while my open work permit is being processed.

alanlight

Jul 4, 2023
As long as you have a valid TRV you can
Thank you. So is it absolutely not gonna affect the acceptance of my open work permit? Some Lawyers says it does but I'm not sure what their reasoning or their source is because there's no concrete proof whatsoever.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
your open work permit conditions are different
you have a visitor visa and you can visit
make sure you an explain yourself about frequent trips [if made], if the officer at immigration has any questions for you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
your open work permit conditions are different
you have a visitor visa and you can visit
make sure you an explain yourself about frequent trips [if made], if the officer at immigration has any questions for you
The issue OP has is that this is a special policy for Iranians to apply from inside Canada for an open work permit so they don’t have to leave Canada. OP wants to leave Canada which may show that an open work permit is not required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/iran-nationals-extend-stay.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I'm currently in Canada as tourist and I've applied for an open work permit through the temporary public policy for nationals of Iran in Canada. I wanted to know if it's possible for me to leave Canada for about 10 days (not going back to Iran, going to a different country) while my open work permit is being processed.
It's a new public policy. I doublt any of us here can answer this question with 100% certainty. The best we can do is guess. If you want no risk of the open work permit being refused, then the absolute safest bet is to remain in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Sudan2023

Nov 13, 2023
team, same issue here with different nationality, I'm currently in Canada as tourist and I've applied for an open work permit through the temporary public policy for nationals of Sudan in Canada. I wanted to know if it's possible for me to leave Canada (not going back to Sudan, going to a different country) while my open work permit is being processed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
team, same issue here with different nationality, I'm currently in Canada as tourist and I've applied for an open work permit through the temporary public policy for nationals of Sudan in Canada. I wanted to know if it's possible for me to leave Canada (not going back to Sudan, going to a different country) while my open work permit is being processed.
No one here can answer that for certain.

Nov 6, 2023
Salam bro,
Would you please update us about your case? I have same concern and would like to know staying inside Canada during OP request processing is mandatory? Had you gone out of Canada for short time or not?

taherss

Mar 7, 2024
Hi, Can I visit iran after I get open work permit. it could cause difficulty when I'm back to canada?

and how long can I stay out of canada after holding open work permit?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi, Can I visit iran after I get open work permit. it could cause difficulty when I'm back to canada?

and how long can I stay out of canada after holding open work permit?
Read the public policy

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/iran-nationals-extend-stay.html

“It is understood that some of these temporary residents may feel uncomfortable returning to Iran at this time, and may wish to prolong their stay. The measures outlined in this public policy will make it easier for those who wish to extend their temporary stay in Canada without fees and move between temporary resident streams.”

You’re pushing the proverbial envelope

faba

Apr 10, 2024
Salam bro,
Would you please update us about your case? I have same concern and would like to know staying inside Canada during OP request processing is mandatory? Had you gone out of Canada for short time or not?
Hi, I am student and my application is in process. Did you get any update if we can leave for a short trip and get back without affecting our application?

faba

Apr 10, 2024
Hi, I am student and my application is in process. Did you get any update if we can leave for a short trip and get back without affecting our application?