+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello folks! I am trying to decide on a possible landing date. Thinking about moving to Ottawa. If I land in Montreal airport, will there be a problem in the immigration process? and secondly, how can I transfer from Montreal to Ottawa? I know there is google but I would like to get your experiences. Thanks
I had experience of landing in Montreal without any issues. The only thing at Montreal immigration is that officers do not ask for address for PR card delivery. You will have to call IRCC and update it.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
I will only have airbnb address at that time, I don't know anyone in Canada, so I can't write anyone's address to deliver the PR card, I will need to change that address at some point. Do you know how long will it take to get the PR card delivered?

I had experience of landing in Montreal without any issues. The only thing at Montreal immigration is that officers do not ask for address for PR card delivery. You will have to call IRCC and update it.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I will only have airbnb address at that time, I don't know anyone in Canada, so I can't write anyone's address to deliver the PR card, I will need to change that address at some point. Do you know how long will it take to get the PR card delivered?
You can call IRCC and update your address later. PR cards can take anywhere between a month or 6 months, very unpredictable even between different applicants within the same application.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
You can call IRCC and update your address later. PR cards can take anywhere between a month or 6 months, very unpredictable even between different applicants within the same application.
Thank you

ECCA98

Star Member
Sep 5, 2023
But if I have a maintained status as a student, does this mean it maintains the validity of the expired study permit?

I did my homework and applied for an extension before my study permit expired. The delay is from the IRCC. As I am not eligible to work while waiting for a decision, how can I secure the life expenses of my family?!!!
I don’t think so. Maintained status( Implied Status) doesn’t count as valid study permit.
The IRCC stated:
  • had a valid study permit when you submitted your application
on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/after-you-apply.html
What I understand is, as long as it passes the Expiry Date on your study permit, it’s no longer valid. No matter if you maintained your status or not.

But, if you extended your study permit and it got approved before you submitted PGWP, then of course your study permit is still valid. because you will have a new expiry date.

ECCA98

Star Member
Sep 5, 2023
But if I have a maintained status as a student, does this mean it maintains the validity of the expired study permit?

I did my homework and applied for an extension before my study permit expired. The delay is from the IRCC. As I am not eligible to work while waiting for a decision, how can I secure the life expenses of my family?!!!
wait! you have already submitted the PGWP!!!!
then it’s very simple. the next day you submitted, did you get a letter in your account new message named WP-EXT for PGWP (IMM 0127 E) letter?
If you get one then you are good to work full time. If not, then you may not.

The latter is automatically sent.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
As I mentioned, at Montreal, the officers generally ask you to update address to IRCC rather than collecting during immigration. So anyways you would have to call IRCC after you completed your immigration process. In your case call only when you have an address where you can get your PR card delivered.

singhguy

May 5, 2023
Hi, is anyone else having AOR in April 2023 or before, have their application stuck in the background check step or haven't received the eCoPR after all steps are complete ?

Inland PNP applications processing time is 8 months. So if the security is not complete in 8 months does that mean that the application is under the comprehensive security screening ?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi, is anyone else having AOR in April 2023 or before, have their application stuck in the background check step or haven't received the eCoPR after all steps are complete ?

Inland PNP applications processing time is 8 months. So if the security is not complete in 8 months does that mean that the application is under the comprehensive security screening ?
did you order GCMS notes from CBSA and CSIS and see what is in there? just a long duration of ongoing BG doesn't mean comprehensive security screening is in progress. In my case we lost time as the officer didn't pick my file.

mazenB

Apr 18, 2023

Mine is still stuck at the background check, in progress on tracker since September (AOR: 05 Apr 2023); just yesterday my background check changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." on my Ircc account.

singhguy

May 5, 2023
did you order GCMS notes from CBSA and CSIS and see what is in there? just a long duration of ongoing BG doesn't mean comprehensive security screening is in progress. In my case we lost time as the officer didn't pick my file.
I ordered notes from IRCC in December and security details are not included in those. I have ordered from CBSA yesterday to see if there are any specific notes in security.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I ordered notes from IRCC in December and security details are not included in those. I have ordered from CBSA yesterday to see if there are any specific notes in security.
Good luck with the CBSA notes.

IRCC notes will show Security as 'Started' or 'NOT started'

Are you inland? If yes call IRCC on the phone and ask the agent to tell you the date when security started or if it has started at all. Also since your case is past the 8 month mark reach out to your local MP and ask for help. I did all that.
Even if you are not inland use a VoIP or something and talk to an IRCC tele agent.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
From what I have noticed in these forums, it can happen either way eligibility first followed by background or other way around BG first. For CEC and FSW I feel eligibility is more common to be closed as the last item, less likelier that eli closes before BG. It is the other way around for PNPs though where eligibility get be faster before BG, the VO who usually process PNP i.e. Sydney / Ottawa might be following that patter I guess.

In your case Security and criminality have passed is good sign that you file might close soon.

I assume you got to know from GCMS notes that the IRCC analyst has noted as "Not able to verify Canadian employer online presence" and yes it is waiting for an officer to approve or reject.

Giving T4, pay stubs or even bank statements shows you have worked, but I feel doesn't clear lack of online presence for employer.
- Does your company have a website? Are they a public lister firm, do they have shareholders reports etc... Which you can download that report and give to IRCC, along with hyperlink to their website in a webform?

If your is not a public company, please ask your employer to provide you will the set of PDF files they describe themselves their business, their leadership, photos of their offices, list of products / services, Business Numbers (BN) etc.. They might be using a set of files like this when they apply for WPs for their employees. try giving all those, any other public corporate marketing material in a webform too.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
From what I have noticed in these forums, it can happen either way eligibility first followed by background or other way around BG first. For CEC and FSW I feel eligibility is more common to be closed as the last item, less likelier that eli closes before BG. It is the other way around for PNPs though where eligibility get be faster before BG, the VO who usually process PNP i.e. Sydney / Ottawa might be following that patter I guess.

In your case Security and criminality have passed is good sign that you file might close soon.

I assume you got to know from GCMS notes that the IRCC analyst has noted as "Not able to verify Canadian employer online presence" and yes it is waiting for an officer to approve or reject.

Giving T4, pay stubs or even bank statements shows you have worked, but I feel doesn't clear lack of online presence for employer.
- Does your company have a website? Are they a public lister firm, do they have shareholders reports etc... Which you can download that report and give to IRCC, along with hyperlink to their website in a webform?

If your is not a public company, please ask your employer to provide you will the set of PDF files they describe themselves their business, their leadership, photos of their offices, list of products / services, Business Numbers (BN) etc.. They might be using a set of files like this when they apply for WPs for their employees. try giving all those, any other public corporate marketing material in a webform too.
Thank you for the detail response. I took letter from emlpoyer and provided Canadian Business registration number as well as address of other canadian locations. infact letter stated that we havemain Head Quarter in Michigan USA and provided that address also in the letter along with company website link. reason per GCMS they said "unable to verify company as company closed Canadian Operations in Oct 2022" for which letter also states reason for the closure and what I did after that closure.

I will check if they can provide me with something else as my compan got took over by big company so in that letter they mentioned parent company name also.

do you think should I wait for IRCC to ask if they needed any further documents and then reply as they might be satisfied what I have provided as a letter on companty letter head.