Technically I'm a March AOR, but I would consider my self an April one

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
ITA on 29th March
Single, INDIA,
AOR 1st april,

I got AOR on 1st april. That day BG check status was showing NOT APPLICABLE
then i recieved a ghost update, not via mail but when i opened my application it showed profile updated
When checked nothing changed. I dont clearly remember but i think BG changes to we will let you know once we start your background check

and then on 2nd april i saw the background status changed to we are processing your application. We will let you know if we need more info.
I am 100% sure it was not the default BG status. Bas i am not quote sure about the mid update of we will let u know when your background check will start. I can’t recall clearly.
But 100% sure by default it was you do not need a background check. We will let u know if anything changes.

has this happened with anyone else??

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
ITA on 29th March
Single, INDIA,
AOR 1st april,

I got AOR on 1st april. That day BG check status was showing NOT APPLICABLE
then i recieved a ghost update, not via mail but when i opened my application it showed profile updated
When checked nothing changed. I dont clearly remember but i think BG changes to we will let you know once we start your background check

and then on 2nd april i saw the background status changed to we are processing your application. We will let you know if we need more info.
I am 100% sure it was not the default BG status. Bas i am not quote sure about the mid update of we will let u know when your background check will start. I can’t recall clearly.
But 100% sure by default it was you do not need a background check. We will let u know if anything changes.

has this happened with anyone else??
please let me know……did this happen to anyone else yet??

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It was the same for me. After MEP/BIL it changed to "we are processing your background check". Quite common. For the sake of sanity, if they process your application fast (like mine), you won't get any GUs. If they are slow, you can get 2-6 GUs. I'd simply sleep on it if I were you. The way IRCC is now processing these applications is very different from past.

I'd suggest more time planning post PPR life than obsessing over something that's 100% out of our control :)

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
It was the same for me. After MEP/BIL it changed to "we are processing your background check". Quite common. For the sake of sanity, if they process your application fast (like mine), you won't get any GUs. If they are slow, you can get 2-6 GUs. I'd simply sleep on it if I were you. The way IRCC is now processing these applications is very different from past.

I'd suggest more time planning post PPR life than obsessing over something that's 100% out of our control :)
Mine actually came before any update on MEP or BIL or even UCI. That’s why i am looking for explanations. After Medicals it is quite common for these updates but prior to medical and just after AOR it’s not so common i guess. Thanks a lot for taking time to reply.
May i please know your timeline??

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Mine actually came before any update on MEP or BIL or even UCI. That’s why i am looking for explanations. After Medicals it is quite common for these updates but prior to medical and just after AOR it’s not so common i guess. Thanks a lot for taking time to reply.
Mep/bil/uci haven’t been updated yet. Before that itself i got one ghost update and status change in BG check

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So, I have a friend who got their PPR fast as well, their default status was "We are processing your background check" and same (in processing) for eligibility right from AOR itself. Those status updates appear to be less meaningful (unless marked completed).

My timeline is in my signature the line below (you should see "Expand signature" text over it below).

I'm Jan 2023 AOR btw, and my timeline is:

Category: FSW-O

AOR - Jan 26, 2023
MEP and BIL - Feb 3, 2023
Biometrics updated - Feb 7, 2023
RFV/PPR - Feb 22, 2023

VFS Passport pickup - Feb 24, 2023
Passports reached IRCC - March 1, 2023
Passports received back - March 17, 2023