+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong NOC?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hey , i was wodnering if having the wrong NOC for a certain job might affect your application . I reach my hours one year of work without that job but i did include it .
thanks

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
So I put 4212 instead of I believe 4214 , can I just write them a letter explaining that ? I cant' change it anymore .

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Yes, if your duties list in your employment letter doesn't match the noc code you picked, it will lead to rejection.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
kryt0n said:
Yes, if your duties list in your employment letter doesn't match the noc code you picked, it will lead to rejection.
Ok important question, lets say I have two experiences listed under my work history... lets say the first one satisfies the 3 year experience, and the other is a 7-8 month one.... if my first experience letter is accepted and fine (including the noc) but if my second letter was not found suitable, I dont think it will lead into rejection right ? (because EE maximizes at 3 years anyway and there are no points to loose in this situation?)

This is something that I was wondering and I am thinking if one letter satisfies the required CRS points then there should be no problem if the other one is not accepted ?... right...?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I think that makes sense . You get more points after each year right ? let's say you;ve worked for a year and half , you would get the same points as if you would have worked for one year ?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Fae7 said:
I think that makes sense . You get more points after each year right ? let's say you;ve worked for a year and half , you would get the same points as if you would have worked for one year ?
I think after the first year you can add together months but it still has to be exact years, like a total of 2,3 etc... so I am wondering if I am above the 67 grid of 100 (the FSW) and if I am also above the cutoff CRS points with only the first letter, there shouldnt be a rejection based on the NOC of the other one (the other letter).... even if the letter and NOC code doesnt match theres no score to loose because I have the maximum points anyway....even if I dont maximize the points if I am above the CRS there shouldnt be a problem.... I guess..... I hope.....

I think it makes sense ???

Divya1002

Oct 2, 2018
I Created EE profile and chose 2173 noc while making EE profile and got nomination from Ontario last year and that profile was active in pool for 20 days ?but later I realised and deleted that profile and created new And noc 1224.. mkt manager ..Since then I m in pool .. can choosing drastically wrong noc before ITA will effect my application? If cic checks old deleted profiles ? That was a drastic change in noc due to a mistake from software engineering to marketing manager … but I have not got ITA .. Can be a problem ?? Please please answer

Mia2242

Nov 20, 2018
Hello Guys,
I need some assistance on the same topic. My AOR is on17 Aug 2018 and last week I received my gcms notes.it states "job duties mentioned in the LOE matches more with noc code 2171, unable to confirm noc,review required.The noc I had given was 2282.is it possible at this stage to raise a cse with the noc code they suggest? If so, what documents would be needed? A new letter of recommendation?

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hello Guys,
I need some assistance on the same topic. My AOR is on17 Aug 2018 and last week I received my gcms notes.it states "job duties mentioned in the LOE matches more with noc code 2171, unable to confirm noc,review required.The noc I had given was 2282.is it possible at this stage to raise a cse with the noc code they suggest? If so, what documents would be needed? A new letter of recommendation?
Hello, I am on the same boat, what did you do?