+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working or not?does it matter

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hy all of our forum friends,im from morocco,and my wife isnt working right now,she is looking for work,she has never taken fiancial help from gouvernement,and she doesnt take it right now,she used to work for her father company,before they sold it,,,im asking if she has to find work first and then start sending our forms of the sponsorship,,or we can do that now,since she isnt taking fiancial help(BS) from gouvernement,,,is there anybody in the forum that has been sponsored by a canadian spouse that wasnt working and the sponsorship was approved and he got his or her permanent residency?
please,i need your help,,,thank you everybody
mohamed d'agadir

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
sponsor doesnt have to have a job, and income doesnt matter for sponsoring spouses as long as sponsor doesnt receive social welfare or being bancrupted

FamilyMan

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2009
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2010
Hello gladiateur19

I just want to add further to Asta's information

The Canadian sponsor, if they are bankrupt or currently receive assistance from the government, will be automatically ineligible to sponsor anybody.

However, the next step will be to ensure that the sponsor can "support" the spouse upon landing in Canada. If the sponsor does not have a job, then a simple question that an Immigration Officer will ask is: "How will the sponsor support you if he/she does not have a job?"

Furthermore, there is a income guideline that makes reference to what the sponsor should be earning in order to support themselves and spouse.

Thus the bottom line is that it does not look very good if your sponsor is submitting papers to sponsor you but has no income. I know this may come across as not the best news but it is better to be safe then sorry.

Hope this helps.

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FamilyMan

There are no income guidelines to go by. Yes, it does help to have a job but if there are no minimum income requirements then there is no income guidelines to go by unless you are supporting your dependents, dependents. Yes, they do want to make sure they will be adequately taken care of once landed and that the applicant is willing to support themselves as well. I believe it says in the manual that even if they do not have much money themselves, if they see that a relative or friend in Canada is willing to also help provide for what the sponsor lacks for in adequate arrangements, then that too factors in.

That being said, several full time students with little or no income have been approved as sponsors as well as people residing in their parents homes. Most of the time, they just want to know that if they approve it that the sponsor has a home with basic requirements ready and set for the applicant when they arrive in Canada.

Senior members please correct me if I am wrong but this is the way I have understood it upon scanning these forums.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
ColorMePanda said:
FamilyMan

There are no income guidelines to go by. Yes, it does help to have a job but if there are no minimum income requirements then there is no income guidelines to go by unless you are supporting your dependents, dependents. Yes, they do want to make sure they will be adequately taken care of once landed and that the applicant is willing to support themselves as well. I believe it says in the manual that even if they do not have much money themselves, if they see that a relative or friend in Canada is willing to also help provide for what the sponsor lacks for in adequate arrangements, then that too factors in.

That being said, several full time students with little or no income have been approved as sponsors as well as people residing in their parents homes. Most of the time, they just want to know that if they approve it that the sponsor has a home with basic requirements ready and set for the applicant when they arrive in Canada.

Senior members please correct me if I am wrong but this is the way I have understood it upon scanning these forums.
all what you just said is true,my wife has called the CIC,and they confirmed to her that she doesnt have to have a work to be approved,once she doesnt get financial assistant,she is fine,,,
thank you very much,,to everybody here,,, ;)

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are welcome gladiateur19.
Glad you got the answers you were looking for.

Come back here anytime you have questions and everyone will do their best to assist you along the way. Good luck with everything.

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friend had gone though it. all she needs is to show them her bank account details and tell her that she is living with her parents if she dont have her own house. she can get a letter of financial support from her parents that they are ready to support her and her husband for three years unconditionally. all done and set. good luck

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i support my husband and he is my sponsor
as long as you arent recieving assistantace (loans dont count) or bankrupt they could really care less in a sponsorship app
part of me thinks it was probably a good sign
they sure cant claim i married him for money ::)

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
yeah that's true,,,and as we know there is no minimal income for sponsoring a spouse,
thank you everybody,,,you have all a nice day
mohamed

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm confused
on the guides, it says sponsor must provide financial support, therefor must have minimum income ($27,601for supporting spouse?)
and i must provide optioin-c, letter from employee, paystub etc
then I read here, and somewhere on CIC website that if I'm just sponsoring a spouse, income does not matter...

so i dont need to send in all that paper works to prove how much I made in last 12months?

Josuewong7

Apr 27, 2010
Hi there im kind of in the process of sponsoring my wife.. i recently finished college and do not have a job at this time. but will in future. i was wondering..i Recieved assistance from OSAP to help pay for school. n now i am finished school and now paying back OSAP..
am i still eligable to sponsor my wife

Josuewong7

Apr 27, 2010
NYCtoNB said:
i support my husband and he is my sponsor
as long as you arent recieving assistantace (loans dont count) or bankrupt they could really care less in a sponsorship app
part of me thinks it was probably a good sign
they sure cant claim i married him for money ::)
realy? loans dont count... becaus i jus finished my college year and i recieved Student loans..
I am still eligable to sponsor my wife

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
kkim604:

You don't have to meet a certain minimum income level, but you do have to provide all the financial information they ask for, anyway.

Josuewong7:

OSAP or other student loans are not a barrier to sponsorship. They are not considered "government assistance." "Government assistance" is "welfare" -- assistance of last resort.